Game of Thrones - A Song of Ice and Fire for TV!

Discussion in 'Movies and Television' started by adamthered, Mar 3, 2010.

1. eyeballkid

eyeballkid Old

News Credits:
    I understand why people don’t like the character arcs, but I’m just in it for the visuals and acting, which is phenomenal. The real story is in the last book. To each their own.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Gordon_4

Gordon_4 The Big Engine

News Credits:
    Okay I literally only care what happens to Bronn and Tyrion. So if someone fancies bringing me up to speed I’d be grateful :p 

3. Tekkaman Blade

Tekkaman Blade Professor of Animation

News Credits:
    screenshot_1296.jpg

• Like Like x 3
  4. rdarkstream

rdarkstream Minicon lover

Ebay:
    Here is the problem with dani.this episode is the only time we have watched her struggle with her emotions. Every other time she has been confident..but open to other opinions. We never saw this struggle where she was going to snap and just go nuclear.

That's the issue. Everyone would have been fine with dano turning down to the darksidenhad the writing and acting supported it.

Yes we had small hints at it throught the seasons. But that wasn't really something people worried about..

And this isn't even covering the writers expressing the fact that dani wasnt insane and wouldnt give into being her father

Last edited: May 15, 2019
  5. iamste

iamste Well-Known Member

The way some people here are posting sounds like they think she snapped. This was a potential plan all along. She literally tells Jon that she will rule through fear, because that’s the only path she see’s working at this point.
    Everything else is against her, she doesn’t know what damage Varys has caused, she’s sure Sansa will have told others, she can’t trust Tyrion and he was the only one who said to stop the minute the bells sound.

She didn’t just snap and let her emotions get the better of her, she calculated the attack so all of Westeros would fear her. She defeated Kings Landing, without an army, in 10 minutes. She then showed no mercy and destroyed it and it’s people.

Her goal has always been to rule, by any means. If that means she has to slaughter a city of innocent people to get that message across, she’ll do it. The violence is out of character only because she’s never felt she had to do it. But the goal/aim is 100% in character, and she’s never let us believe otherwise.

• Like Like x 3
  6. HunterGreen2005

HunterGreen2005 Spoon!

News Credits:
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  7. Starscream Gaga

Starscream Gaga Protoformed This Way

News Credits:
    It doesn't matter how many times you say it it doesn't make it true. Dany's goal was always to be a benevolent ruler unlike her father. There were entire arcs dedicated to that goal and even if someone is too thick to pick up on things not literally stated... it was. Dany, on multiple occasions, had literal conversations about just that.

• Like Like x 1
  8. iamste

iamste Well-Known Member

And it failed her, and 2 of her dragons died, and her two closest allies died, and her advisor plotted against her after her hand, who only remained her hand because of Jorah, revealed his information behind her back, and the man she loves now has a higher claim to the throne than her and doesn’t want an intimate relationship with her, and the north she helped save doesn’t care about her but him, she knows his name carries more weight as well as outright having a higher claim and people now likely know, so she decided to rule through fear.

It literally all happened in that episode, we deffo could and should have had more time getting there, but it is what it is.

Also as far as we know GRRM consulted on this and presented the ending for these characters. The journey we went on to get there may not have been great but it’s always how it was meant to be.

I apologise that you seem angry about my opinion of the show, I’m having a discussion and think we can do it without calling people of a differing opinion thick, even if we disagree.

Last edited: May 15, 2019
    • Like Like x 3
  9. bellpeppers

bellpeppers A Meat Popsicle

News Credits:
    She's been starting down this path since Season 6; maybe even a little before.
    Power corrupts, and absolute power corrupts absolutely.

• Like Like x 2
  10. bellpeppers

News Credits:
    Videos dated 2017:

I think people might find it interesting who Time Magazine listed as 1938 Man of the Year in their January 1939 issue.

• Like Like x 4
  11. bellpeppers

News Credits:

12. Drangleic

Drangleic Insult to injury

They awoke the dragon, to quote her brother (season 1, ep1).

• Like Like x 1
  13. Easterling Capt

Easterling Capt I am Vern Schillinger

Ebay:
    IMO..a few more eps to fix a few things here and there would have been prefered but overall I dont get the hate. Im glad that it was not the Night King vs Jon epic 10 min sword battle everyone wanted. Also reguler White walkers are no super guards..Arya can with ease sneak by them and attack NK..and she did.

Dany going mental...please..thats been there hinted since season 1. Dont get me worng I love Dany aswell but I kinda figured she would be mad at some point..it is not going to be a fairytale ending. And I dont need 2 full eps to make her mental. Just look at all the shit she has going throug since season 1. Jons rejection/betrayal from her point of view just tipped it over.

See Grey Worm aswell..he was made for war..he breaths war..and cutting of his loves head just made him go full out God of War.

I just care for one thing though and I have sayed this since a few seasons back when GRRM said the ending was going to be bittersweet..Dany dies and the last scene is Drogon slying away from Westeros..or Dany leaves on Drogon not wanting the throne anymore due to what it made her.

just dont kill the Dragon...

• Like Like x 3
  14. TattooedRobot

TattooedRobot A Very Stable Genius TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    What’s interesting about that? Being man of the Year for Time isn’t an accolade, it’s an admission that, that personal influenced events more than anyone else that year.

15. TattooedRobot

TattooedRobot A Very Stable Genius TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Drogon is toast.

16. RolandofGilead

RolandofGilead Well-Known Member

arya.jpg

• Like Like x 4
  17. Night Flame

Night Flame TFW2005 Supporter

How? By surrendering?

And yeah, Drogon's totes going down via Arya. Danny too. Possibly Jon just for being present. It is known.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Drangleic

Drangleic Insult to injury

It was awoken before that. Burning the city to ash was never not going to happen. She went into that with her mind made up.

• Like Like x 2
  19. Killamarshan

Killamarshan Iacon Tourist

But the whole deal with the Unsullied is they have emotion trained out of them. They're super disciplined, they don't loot, rape or slaughter innocents on their own initiative like other armies. But now they do (slaughter) because, well just because.

There's a lack of character consistency, some find it bothersome, some don't. For instance Jaime admitting to Tyrion that smallfolk mean nothing to him, the same Jaime who broke a sacred oath to kill his king for the express reason to protect the smallfolk. It renders the powerful bath scene he had with Brienne at Harrenhal pointless.

• Like Like x 4
  20. tigatron2002

tigatron2002 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    grey worm regained his emotion through love with missandei. he is not emotionless and the other unsullied were just following their commanders lead

• Like Like x 1