Game Idea: Human Alliance- a game that you play with the Transformers, but rarely play AS them

Discussion in 'Transformers Video Game Discussion' started by The Mad Demobot, May 26, 2022.

?

Would you play a Transformers game where you play a human most of the time?

1. That can be cool! Love to see it!

2 vote(s)
    15.4%
  2. Not playing a Transformer in a Transformers game? You're nuts!

10 vote(s)
    76.9%
  3. EDF! EDF!

1 vote(s)
    7.7%
  1. The Mad Demobot

The Mad Demobot Well-Known Member

I recently played the Call of Duty Warzone event with Godzilla vs King Kong and as a up and coming Game Designer it had me thinking about a Transformers Shooter game that was a shooter, but you're a human.

Take the premise of NEST and the government working with the Autobots from TFP and Bayformers, gameplay of COD and Titanfall 2, and mash them in a summer blockbuster story like Earth Defense Force and that's the game. You play as a custom created/No name character and each mission has you working with certain characters to beat a level, and will probably fight a Decepticon as a boss. You can play as an Autobot at some extended intervals but that's it. The final boss will most assuredly be Megatron and a combiner in a massive map keeping the city safe.

Multiplayer would be akin to deathmatch and Battle Royale, with Transformers acting like vehicles like Titanfall 2, and people will still be equipped with gear to take on a Transformer. 1st game can be all ground based characters until the sequel can work in air combat with the aerial bots and seekers. Multiplayer will only have you choose between Autobots and Decepticons, but the sequel can expand on the campaign and have you be Decepticon supporters fighing for dominance.

What do you think? Would a game playing a human in a Transformers setting fighing alongside them be a cool idea for a game?

2. Soundlips

Soundlips Defending Reactivate since 2020 loves Tinfoil Hats

News Credits:
    Ah yes, a series called Transformers that's all about Transformers... and I want to play as the humans.

Just '86 the humans altogether and give more War For Cybertron stuff or more exploration stuff. Humans are the biggest crutch in the franchise and have constantly made the series worse and worse the more they are in. The sooner we get rid of humans and put the focus back on Transformers the better.

3. The Mad Demobot

I disagree, I think the humans, or any small alien life, can help sell the scale and devastation of the Transformers. By themselves are cool, but then you're just left with robots fighting each other. Unless the writing and action is good, there can't be much to it as a game and the Cybertron games are the best at doing that. It's just that there can be more to it than that. Optimus Prime going through alien landscapes and ruins like what Mass Effect and other Sci-fi games have done will kind of stop being cool for a while. Alien attack games/stories are in itself a niche, but games like EDF makes such a game plausible and can be fresh in a Transformers brand game.

Hell it doesn't have to be humans; the Nubulans have been mistreated for many years now and this could be the game to bring them back in some capacity. Maybe they can come in with tech to give humans an edge or be a faction of their own with the fights on their planet.

Transformers games has been 3rd person shooters, a strategy game, a MOBA, a online based game, a Overwatch style game. What's to say it can't also be a FPS that also dabbles in chaotic asymmetrical combat with B-movie alien invaston tones the likes of EDF and the classic G1 series?

• Like Like x 1
  4. Agent 53

Agent 53 Well-Known Member

I would not agree with the idea of playing primarily as the humans, human characters have been... controversial among fans for a long time, particularly since bayformers made the humans the main characters instead of the transformers, one of the biggest criticisms transformers fans have for them (it sways irritates me that all the live action actors get billing in the credits, even minor ones, before the transformer voice actors, to say nothing of the fact that Peter Cullen is never one of the actors who]s name get's a separate card before the main scroll) I suspect that among fans, such a game would be unpopular, I cannot say for sure how other people would react.

I would not agree with the idea of cutting humans entirely from the franchise; from the start of G1 the Transformers interacting with humans has been a key part of the DNA of the franchise, but the Transformers should always be the main characters.

However, the idea of being able to play on the scale of a human for part of the game is interesting, perhaps as humans for specific segnents, like Mils and MJ in Marvel's Spider Man, or alternatively as either headmasters/titan masters or holomatter Avatars, it could open up options for game-play, but I do not believe it would find much traction among fans as the primary focus of a game.

• Like Like x 2
  5. The Mad Demobot

I think a Headmasters game would be cool and wild. I can imagine some TF/smaller alien based gameplay would be something like Titanfall, where people would like to play the little compatriot, but it's the giant robot combat is where everyone can agree would be the hype-est moment.

6. Novaburnhilde

Novaburnhilde Lord High Governor

News Credits:
    As a big fan of Titanfall I'd personally really enjoy playing a game where I'm a human fighting alongside Autobots, engaging with smaller scale foes while also helping the big guys take out much larger cons.

I like playing as Autobots and Decepticons as much as the next guy, but a game that puts you in the shoes of someone a lot smaller and more vulnerable that really drives home how big and powerful these machines are sounds super exciting to me.

A headmaster-esque game would also be super rad.

• Like Like x 2
  7. cybeast

cybeast Freelancer Pun Maker

News Credits:
    Depends, a City Shrouded in Shadow gameplay style might be better if we're playing as the human, but maybe instead of running, some of our mission will be smaller things to do while they're protecting us, like getting into another room to sabotage a control room, for example.

• Like Like x 2
  8. The Mad Demobot

I haven't heard of City Shrouded in Shadow in a hot minute. Loved the devs and their games.

A think a game like that would be neat, with how many characters there are in the franchise you can make some creative traversing puzzles around the city as it's getting wrecked depending on the bots and cons going at it.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Scott Alan Cameron

Scott Alan Cameron Ground Infantry (GI) Autobot

Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Custom URL):
    Pinterest:
    I like the idea of playing as humans and I would like to play as Spike Witwicky in a TF game. However, I think in a Transformers game you should play as the Transformers for the bulk of the game. What I'd do is use the Titanfall idea to have Spike pilot various named Autobots to stop the Decepticons and outside of the bots Spike can fight hordes of mini-Cybertronians like Soundwave minions.

OR this could be the premise for a Transformers Headmasters game and just not use any G1 characters. Now that I think of it this is better suited as a Headmasters game. Still think most of the game you should be the Transformer, but this is a scenario where a 50/50 split is more warranted.