Minor/Repaint: Galvatronus or Grand Galvatron?

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by RicaChero, Feb 24, 2020.

1. RicaChero

RicaChero Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Having a custom combiner BUT can't decide who is Galvatronus and who is Grand Galvatron because the color combo looks Sooo much better. seeking advice.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 10
  2. halo4361

halo4361 Float like a butterfly, sting like a manta ray

Galvatronus on the left, Grand Galvatron on the right.

3. RicaChero

Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    I was like secretly crossing my fingers that someone would say that, but why do you think?

• Like Like x 1
  4. Maximus Danz

Maximus Danz Trying to achieve something

News Credits:
    Nice!

• Like Like x 1
  5. marvel b

marvel b Bearer of the Matrix of Smash

News Credits:
    Been wanting to see someone do this! I wanted to do it myself but was too scared of ruining GG. Noice!!
    Agreed
    Because when they aren't combined, the left one is purple and not so grand, but the right one is blue and purple and is pretty grand. Also ties in to their official release naming.

6. halo4361

halo4361 Float like a butterfly, sting like a manta ray

I think so because the one on the left makes me think of galvatron II, he's purple and grey. I think the other one should grand galvatron because his colors are complimentary. I hope that makes sense.

(It doesn't does it?;) )
    (BTW, I'm aware that grand galvatron is galvatron II, canonically.)

• Like Like x 1
  7. RicaChero

Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Thanks for the inpute, i LOVE this community. So I really prefer the way the colors mix together with this combo and love it over each individual figure's original scheme and am pleasantly surprised at that. The different colored forearms and leg panels for UW Tactician Cyclonus make me think he has gauntlets or leg armor and the same goes for the CW Cyclonus. Both are more interesting to look at.
    I noticed UW's main color scheme changed when UW Cyclonus turns into combiner mode so that sparked my idea, so I swapped the majority of silver/grey parts from UW with the straight purple from CW. The only thing I could further change is swapping the back should panels (or from hip panels in combiner mode) but I really can't figure out how to disassemble the Silverbolt-shoulder/Superion-hips. The grey gun from CW Cyclonus went from bland to complimentary and UW Tactician Cyclonus's weapons now stand out apart from the figure in a nice way.
    I think you are trying to say something I want to know but mayhaps have trouble understanding. Please elaborate ha
    So basically, I refuse to have two versions of the same mold AND to have the same canonic character in my collection at a time, and since I have Titans return Galvatron in my collection I can't have another that represents Primax/G1 Galvatron himself but I can let a Galvatronus or Galvatron II slide since they are technically not the same character...right? ha
    Seriously, though, my head cannon makes it easier to accept Galvatron using an Enigma of Combination to merge his Decepticons and a Galvatron II personality component rather than have a CW Cyclonus use his "mind control powers" to enthrall others to merge with him. Nerd-out, I know.
    WP_20200225_00_52_54_Pro.jpg WP_20200225_00_54_08_Pro.jpg WP_20200225_00_59_26_Pro.jpg WP_20200225_00_59_12_Pro.jpg WP_20200225_01_13_21_Pro.jpg WP_20200225_01_11_03_Pro.jpg WP_20200225_01_13_18_Pro.jpg WP_20200225_01_11_11_Pro.jpg

Last edited: Feb 25, 2020
    • Like Like x 4
  8. marvel b

News Credits:
    GRAND galvatron? Ehehe???

Seriously, tho. The Hasbro release of Cyclonus, aka Galvatronus, has a body of purple resembling he official release. Meanwhile, Takara's Cyclonus, aka Grand Galvatron, Aka GG, has a more blue torso like his release.

So if Cyclonus' body is purple, he combines into Galvatronus, and if his body is blue, he becomes GG.

TLDR: Blue is Grand and Purple is not.

9. RicaChero

Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    So you think being Grand Galvatron / Galvatronus would be based more on the Cyclonus component rather than the specific combiner's components?

• Like Like x 1
  10. marvel b

News Credits:
    Kind of. I was going more of "how they were released" side than lore, but if lore is needed...

In the Takara comic thing, blue Cyclonus had Galvatron 2's ghostspark inside him, thus tend to place the blue as a result of the possession. Purple Cyclonus could be before the possession, and "Galvatronus" could stem from his undying loyalty to him.

...i suck at describing things....

Edit: Gawdamn autocorrect!!!

• Like Like x 1
  11. RicaChero

Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    dude
    I dig that explanation, homie.I can totally see Cyclonus or one of his "Armada" submit himself to a grafting Galvatron's personality component while in combined mode, hence, the Galvatron II head, but with no weird "Ghostspark" and for strategic purposes he is Galvatronus, er... Grand Galvatronus? Instead of being Galvatron himself or some random imperfect gestalt. I guess kind of like Thunder Mayhem used Thunderwing's mutated spark for combination but not his personality component but the inverse. So I'm striking out on my own head cannon and keeping the Purple and Silver Cylonus and putting the other one on Evilbay maybe.

Last edited: Feb 25, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
  12. Nemesis Scourge

Nemesis Scourge Unicron's finest

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Tumblr:
    Wow! Nice parts swapping! I was not sure on how this would look on Cyclonus robot mode but it works really well!

Also the combiner modes look cool. Especially the grey parts on the CW version.

• Like Like x 1
  13. RicaChero

Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Right?? I thought about it for so long until I finally did it. I just don't know if I should or how to swap a plate of the combiner hip joints/Cyclonus shoulders. Otherwise I'm very happy with both i just Didn't plan on keeping both

• Like Like x 1