3D Artwork: Galvatron - Vanguard Series

Discussion in 'Transformers Fan Art' started by Galvanitro, May 10, 2014.

1. Galvanitro

Galvanitro Vanguardian

News Credits:
    Transformers: Vanguard is a high-quality Transformers fan-series project, beginning this summer with the 6-12 min. per episode Prequel Series "Tales Of The Great War" and hopefully in the next year or two, the main series "Transformers: Vanguard" will begin. And now for the new character...

Surprise!

Meet the first "Adept" revealed from the Vanguard Series, the insane Herald Of Unicron...Galvatron!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Remold of Megazarak; Galvatron is an extremely powerful, very intelligent, and moderately [in his own words] insane leader of the Cybertronian cultist group "The Heralds Of Unicron". As a Cybertronian "Adept" he has lightning powers including the ability to shoot out bolts of lightning and create lightning orbs.

In the next day or two, I'll release an image of him wielding his lightning powers. This post is considered the Vanguard Weekend Update: May 10th, 2014. Obviously, this is a big preview. Also coming this week is Megazarak's animation test. The voice acting is already in for it, and the actual animation should be finished tomorrow.

Coming a little later this week will be the Vanguard Youtube Channel, auditions for voice roles in the series; and beginning of development on Shockwave!

Update:
    And here's the awesome lightning shot:
    [​IMG]

Here are other characters made so far for "Transformers: Vanguard":
    Character #1: Ultra Magnus (Autobot - Size Class 4)
    [​IMG]
    See More: http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/transformers-fan-art/971595-ultra-magnus-vanguard-series-wip.html
    Character #2: Toxitron (Decepticon - Size Class 4) [Remold Of Ultra Magnus]
    [​IMG]
    See More: http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/transformers-fan-art/973519-toxitron-vanguard-series-wip.html
    Character #3: Roadbuster (Autobot - Size Class 3)
    [​IMG]
    See More: http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/trans...-roadbuster-impactor-vanguard-series-wip.html
    Character #4: Impactor (Autobot - Size Class 4)
    [​IMG]
    See More: http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/trans...-roadbuster-impactor-vanguard-series-wip.html
    Character #5: Megazarak (Decepticon - Size Class 5)
    [​IMG]
    See More: http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/transformers-fan-art/977287-megazarak-vanguard-series-wip.html

I really want to hear comments, critiques, anything you guys have to offer. Vanguard as a series is really going to be for the fans, and I want the designs to receive as much fan input as possible into the creation process.

Attached Files:

2. Olymprix

Olymprix Moonwalkin' on the Ceiling

News Credits:
    Mind.

Blown.

:jawdropper:  :jawdropper: 

3. optimegatron

optimegatron Not over, not finished.

News Credits:
    This isn't Shockwave. I won't take it.

4. Galvanitro

Galvanitro Vanguardian

News Credits:
    Thanks, glad you like him!

Oh you, Mr. Vanguard Character Development Staff Member and Story Assistant. :p 

5. TFchronos

TFchronos Warrior of Cybertron

YouTube (Legacy):
    Same here

let me add to that too. :bay 

Amazing work on all of them, I'm super excited to see more.

6. Spin-Out

Spin-Out Well-Known Member

Holy. Crap. These. Are. AWESOME. :bay 

7. Galvanitro

Galvanitro Vanguardian

News Credits:
    Thanks a ton guys.

Okay, within the next hour, I'll be posting a render of Galvatron showing his Lightning Adept powers off. This will be both the Sunday & Monday update; due to the lateness of hour and the amount of time that went into make this render a reality.

So the Morning Update will be back on Tuesday at 6:30 AM EDT.

Thanks for your support and patience guys!

8. Galvanitro

Galvanitro Vanguardian

News Credits:
    Here it is guys...And it's awesome!

[​IMG]

The orbs and greenish-blueish-white lightning coming from them are real model and effect rendered in program. The background and background lightning was image composited in.

9. Olymprix

News Credits:
    [Squees]

10. TFchronos

TFchronos Warrior of Cybertron

YouTube (Legacy):
    Awesome is an understatement, that is epic!

11. optimegatron

News Credits:
    Oh Galvanitro, creator of Vanguard, what are these Adept powers you speak of? :rolleyes: 

12. Galvanitro

Galvanitro Vanguardian

News Credits:
    Apologies everybody for the lack of morning updates the last couple of days, I haven't had anything to update you guys on.

But Optimegatron [You write a post like that again and I'm not letting you near the project for a week, :p ], brings up a bit I can talk about.

What is an "Adept"? An Adept is a Transformer [in the Vanguard Universe] that when they are born/created/come into being [however you want to phrase creation], they are a "direct descendent" of one of the Original 13 Primes and are thus gifted with a unique power or, even more rarely, to be a direct descendent of Prima and be gifted with the ability to become a Prime.

Adepts are very rare. So rare in fact that in the 140 named characters that APPEAR in visual or written media for Vanguard, only 11 characters are Adepts of either kind. In terms of the entire Cybertronian race, the percentage is even lower; at most 0.5%.

I can say, the remaining 10 characters [since I've shown Galvatron, and he's not an Autobot or Decepticon technically] are evenly split between the two factions.

Most Adepts are on the same level of known as Galvatron or higher. There are couple obscure ones though.

13. Dinobot Scythe

Dinobot Scythe Well-Known Member

I take it you can't reveal a list of these 140 characters?

14. Olymprix

News Credits:
    Also, when is that first animation you mentioned going up?

15. Galvanitro

Galvanitro Vanguardian

News Credits:
    Some are surprises, but I have revealed a bunch so far. So yes, and no. I've been debating on whether or not I want to release a list of these characters. It'd likely have to be a faction-less alphabetical order list.

I will be listing all revealed characters and some new ones when I start the "combined thread" for the remainder of the Phase 1 models [leading up to the first prequel episode]. This should be within the next week or two.

Megazarak's Animation Test? or the first episode of the Prequel Series?

Megazarak's Animation Test will be done and up by next Friday at the latest, by Monday at the earliest. If I can get it done sooner, you all will be the first ones to know. It'll be about 20-30 seconds long and just show off how a character model looks in animation and movement, as well as Megazarak's voice actor. Other animation tests and transformation tests, will come later.

The first prequel episode is still scheduled for late Summer, looking at an August date, hoping for a July date, and possible to be as late as a September date [but it should be not later].

16. Belgrath

Belgrath Boom! Nutshot!

THAT is too cool for words. Awesome stuff.

17. kaijuguy19

kaijuguy19 Keyblade Wielder

News Credits:
    He looks pretty imposing. :)  I was wondering was he a little inspired by the Galvatron that's going to be in the TFP fan film Galvatron's revenge that I'm taking part in when it came to him being a herald of Unicron?

18. Challenger

Challenger Loves Bumblebee

News Credits:
    Vanguard Galvatron has actually been in the works for over 1.5 years. I've been privileged to hear some of the planning details for this character and some of the others. He wasn't inspired by the TFP fan film when it comes to him being a Herald of Unicron, since that has been part of Galvatron's character in various forms of Transformers media. It's really cool seeing everyone do their own takes though. :) 

19. optimegatron

News Credits:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NfCkGCJU3ec

As Challenger said, Vanguard Galvatron has existed for a while now.

20. Galvanitro

Galvanitro Vanguardian

News Credits:
    Thanks a ton for your positive feedback, guys!

And kaijuguy19, I believe the other two answered your question fairly well. Vanguard's "Heralds Of Unicron" have existed for some time, and are not based on anything else other than their name and general concept.