Galvatron V Megatron

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by BarricadeLives, Aug 25, 2017.

?

who would you have preferred to be in tlk?

1. Galvatron

12 vote(s)
    50.0%
  2. Megatron

12 vote(s)
    50.0%
  1. BarricadeLives

BarricadeLives i'm you! i'm your shadow!

anyone else kinda hoped they woulda kept galvatron & his ksi transformation?

1) it woulda made him incredibly unique

2) the ksi transformation may be superior in one regard to a traditional cybertronian transformation: ksi transformations are able to disassemble & essentially 'teleport' to another location, avoiding costly damage...his transformation fleeing bumblebee was great & showcased exactly this

3) galvatron is a monument to megatron's inner-machiavellian; megatron, with the aid of insecticons & brains were able to manipulate the humans into creating him not only an army but a new body (see they actually took the time to explain it in this one). galvatron feels like an evolution to the feud where as in 'tlk' i felt going back to megatron was kind of a reversion..i hate to speculate too much but it's like they panicked & just went with the safe, familiar choice....

4) galvatron still at large was another cliffhanger i was greatly anticipating & he just walks off & doesn't come back since tlk megatron feels too detached from him..tlk megatron was pretty downtrodden & defeatist i felt..almost a continuation of his dotm self but not as severe. despite clearly not being at 100% yet (id say 60% at best) galvatron felt different; he felt triumphant, resilient, a smug confidence about him..he was 'reborn' after all.

i didnt hate tlk megatron so much as i would have preferred a continuation of 'galvatron' instead. well, that's my opinion anyway, what would you say?

• Like Like x 4
  2. primal789

primal789 Prime

News Credits:
    I would have liked them to continue the story with Galvatron but at the same time I'm glad to see both Megatron and Prime in their Knight forms..his face is now reminiscent to the one he had in the first trilogy.But I agree..Galvatron would have felt different..he would have been unique and actually had an advantage in battle..he wouldn't have been defeated so easily because of that KSI tech..so yeah to me it's both good and bad so I'm 50/50 on this one.I still like his "tired warlord that is sick of all this and just wants to go home" attitude from TLK..next I would like to see him losing his sanity a little in TF6..that would be intriguing to see in my opinion.

• Like Like x 3
  3. normtrooper

normtrooper Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I say galvatron however I wished galvatron would have reformatted on screen, or at the end of this one. They threw too much set up out the window in TLK. It hurt my enjoyment of the film. The lines lockdown had spoke were obviously in reference to future reveals, hell AOE ends on a cliffhanger of that reveal, but we never see these "creators" those hands were teased to us for nothing.

They can explain a lot of this if they have a clever writer for the next one, but it's just so damn sloppy.

Galvatron was a wasted opportunity

• Like Like x 4
  4. GALVATOM

GALVATOM Better off Pred

The advantage of not being a target between transformation was the coolest thing about the KSI bots and I really hoped Galvatron would have expanded on this ability in more unique and daunting ways, like transforming into a variety of forms at will (there's a homage to RiD Megatron perhaps) and also using this ability to become intangible without having to transform, giving him a ghost ability like Energon Screamer.
    It seems the only "progression" from the KSI pixel-forming was Bumblebees new found nigh immortality.
    Like I know that Tessa is now in college but I don't know how Megatron got reformatted from Galvatron, that's not right and felt like the biggest disappointment about this movie.

Last edited: Aug 26, 2017
    • Like Like x 3
  5. Timothy.R

Timothy.R Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The transformation is garbage and has no place in a TRANSFORMers movie.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Galvatross

Galvatross Dom Dom, Yes Yes Veteran

Galvatron definitely, and I loved Welkertron any time he was on screen, but I would have rather seen his voice go to the mighty Galvatron! Keep his transformation to make him unique among living Decepticons.

However, I would have had one of the main conflicts in Transformers 5 be Galvatron vs. "Nemesis Megatron" w/TLK Megatron's design. Have TLK Megatron be a copy of the original Megatron built and controlled by the Creators to infiltrate the Decepticon faction and destroy them from the inside. Have the Nemesis Megatron convince most of the remaining Decepticons he is the real Megatron before betraying them. Then Galvatron is the last Knight not controlled by the Creators, fights this rogue nemesis, slays the false Megatron, beats up the Decepticons who thought the fake Megatron was the real deal in Season 3 fashion, and ends up fighting and saving Prime from his corruption.

Now, given that did not happen, I would have Megatron in the Unicron film get influenced by both Unicron and Quintessa, so we would see him switch between Megatron and Galvatron a couple of times.

Quintessa and Cybertron could represent order, so when he is under her influence he stays as Megatron with a traditional transformation.

However, Unicron represents chaos, and he is the Earth! The Galvatron prototype was built on Earth, and its transformation could represent chaos compared to the more orderly transformations of Cybertronians! When Megatron becomes more under Unicron's influence, the Chaos Bringer turns him into Galvatron (with a few modifications perhaps), and his transformation reverts back to something more like that of KSI's prototypes!

Furthermore, Unicron should have his own Transformers that dwell within the Earth like infernal demons of sorts and have similarly chaotic transformations. Perhaps Cyclonus is one of these, and he is loyal to Galvatron, but not the Cybertronian Megatron, and thus within Cyclonus there is internal conflict whenever Galvatron becomes Megatron.

Torn between two masters, Megatron/Galvatron rebels against both Quintessa and Unicron near the end of the film. This way the conflict can be shown through individual robots (Megatron, Cyclonus, Barricade and another Decepticon or two, Quintessa, and Prime and the Autobots) rather than gigantic, planetary, CGI spectacle. Also, this is a way the film could reference one of the plot threads of AoE without ignoring the current Unicron storyline.

• Like Like x 5
  7. Russian fan

Russian fan Proud Autobot Ally

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Another good thread for Movie-likers club:D 
    I mostly agree with you. I also feel that it would right to see more Galvatron with all his abilities, soulless scary orange eyes and zombie-like vloice. It would be interesting to see some old-school Decepticons in awe in front of their transformed revived commander. Also it's a big question what the Dirty Foursome would do against him, Dinobots aren't agile enough to fight with him. But, of course,Megatron redesign in TLK is very good and it's predictable to see him calling himself Megatron again. But TLK changes his personality drastically! It's just senseless return to his previous DOTM form:(  Lorenzo DiBonaventura may say everything about Megatron and Quintessa, etc, but why it wasn't showed in the Movie itself? And although Megatron's Knighty look is gorgeous, it doesn't mean anything, because Knights of Iacon aren't connected with him. It's very likely that Megatron is one of the Knights of TEMENOS, but we got nothing about it in TLK! I personally don't like to see him saying that he want to return home. Too naive for Megatron. The war with Decepticons destroyed Cybertron,why he didn't think about home before? No, people, he wants a power, on Cybertron, on Earth, everywhere. If he wants to rebuild Cybertron, that's because he needs a kingdom to rule it. Power for him means perspective, future, continuation of plans and the life in general.

8. GALVATOM

GALVATOM Better off Pred

Those are some interesting ideas Galvatross, and I'll say it now your username is a much better play on words than mine. :) 

With that out of the way this thread reminds me of a number of interesting threads that came out after AOE regarding the story that might progress involving Galvatron and his abilities. For now it seems we don't have those answers, but for Decepticon fans, with these movies it seems "answers" are a long game kind of thing. I'm talking about Megatron lamenting on Screamers skull in this movie. I didn't see that moment coming and it kind of made the whole movie for me apart from Nitro. All I'm saying is that Bayformers sin't done and an explanation to Megatrons new body might come later, if anything the bad guys have some mystery to them at the least.

I just felt my earlier comment sounded far too negative, I think once these movies are done I'll be pretty happy with Megatrons story it's been very interesting so far. He's a zombie-reborn warlord wanabee prime hobo withashotgun knight jet -tank-truk-clodOpixels-sideburmns badass! Hugo or Frank bring him back!

9. Chopperface

Chopperface Chadwick Forever

News Credits:
    I thought this was gonna be a "who would win" thread.

But I really loved Megatron's new design. But I also loved Galvatron's vehicle mode. I guess Megatron wins out. They just needed to, you know, explain why he's Megatron again.