Heavy/Scratch: Galvatron II (WIP)

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by Wreckage MK4, May 19, 2020.

1. Wreckage MK4

Wreckage MK4 Banned

CB17DB02-84C5-4796-89DF-3D6622EE29B2.jpeg
    So we’re getting Galvatron in the future, no doubt and my roommates allowed me to use our spare room as a dedicated hobby room so I’ve started getting more figures out of storage and one of those was CW Cyclonus. I messed around with him and remembered his wonderful Galvatron headsculpt, I removed the head, harvested a neck connector from Scattershot (cheapass retail version) and went to look for a body to become the Mad Tyrant from the Future!

TR Overlord was what I settled for, I fished around for parts, digging up some CW Starscream guns, a CW Computron gun and I ordered some articulated hands. I removed the existing Overlord helmet and installed the head connector for the Galvatronus headsculpt, test-fitting and gluing it in before discarding the jet cockpit that came with overlord and using the two parts of Computron’s gun to build his back cannon.

For which character this will be there was no doubt about it becoming Galvatron II and Overlord’s firepower-packed body seemed fitting for a Megatron. Especially since Megs is described as a living weapon in some source material and this could be interpreted as that mindset taken to its extreme.

For colours I’ve already painted the head, intend to paint over the light blue with the same chalky white and the blue will be reduced but not eradicated. I like it, reminds me of Energon Megatron. Which incidentally is where the shoulder wings/guns came from. Looking more like a Chaos-imbued warlord and less like an idiot in go-go boots.

Yes he can still transform it’s a derpy cannon mode but it’s still a cannon mode.

Haven’t decided on a weapon yet, I’m thinking about something resembling the G1 toy’s handheld weapon or...... going insane and having a spare Overbite BECOME his fusion cannon.

Any advice or criticism is appreciated.

• Like Like x 9
  2. Arkimus Prime

Arkimus Prime Shutting up is an important part of listening.

News Credits:
    Looks very nice as a Galvatron 2. Nice idea.

• Like Like x 1
  3. POSSESSED_DIGIT

POSSESSED_DIGIT WE ARE NUBBY THUMB!!

News Credits:
    That’s a cool mashup. Looks like a fun idea!

• Like Like x 1
  4. Stormvapor

Stormvapor Well-Known Member

I say go all out on this Custom. Overbite as a cannon sounds epic!

• Like Like x 1
  5. Maximus Danz

Maximus Danz Do I ever shut up?

News Credits:
    Very nice!

• Like Like x 1
  6. Wreckage MK4

Wreckage MK4 Banned

Thanks, just gotta tighten that arm and build a connector.

• Like Like x 1
  7. anTony

anTony I love customization and I stll have lots to learn

Cool x3

To me, construct idea in mind is so happy and everything is possible. And then the implementation is so painful...

• Like Like x 1
  8. Wreckage MK4

Wreckage MK4 Banned

Update, found a gun for old Galvy. It’s the admittedly large gun from Selects Overbite who arrived today.
    3265C821-7B2F-45E1-B7CF-2AD2B504E775.jpeg AF525D00-D47C-4636-8E43-E61F17B07B26.jpeg
    It’s close enough, and I harvested a piece (it’s the filler for the hollow space) from the combiner hand and gave Galvatron a slightly more angular chest and a 5mm port. I’m debating giving him a “breast master partner” to homage Victory and my love of Minicons (I’m from the Armada Generation)

Also I’ve started on painting the legs and shoulder null rays, the null rays will have Starscream’s colours and are more intended to look like aged trophies instead of functional weapons.

Painting white is an awful task but with sanding and a base coat of black it’s fine. Also depends on the figure of choice, TR Overlord is not only a fantastic mold but one that lends itself well to customizing.

Usually the head swap is the most trouble but this time I cleanly slid the Computron neck in where the Overlord helmet normally sits and it was a perfect match.

• Like Like x 1