Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by hXcpunk23, May 5, 2011.
You've done SUCH a great job on this. It's been really a pleasure following along with this
Damn, that is the best looking Galvatron I have seen to date!
I have been following this thread for quite a long time now its really coming together now I'm a huge fan, Its by far the best g1 galvertron I can think of and the toy I seriously wanted as a kid. When I first saw you using original g1 parts incorporated into an original custom it made me really wan't to have a go myself. Your thread inspired me, I thought I'm going to copy your use of the evac mould starting point with g1 parts and also try a similar trick with the g1 megatron mould with modern joints to update him so I could put them together and create a twins of evil thread, I'm still considering a marvel g1 comic silver colour scheme. My custom galvertron is still in its really early stages so its a bit too early to show you but I got the megatron one finished. here is the megatron you inadvertently inspired, the scale for the two twins should be pretty good.
niiice! i really dig the overall look!
Well, where can I buy one? Lol
dude this is beautiful! it makes me feel likt its a g1 toon accurate mp, good work, me personally I would give it a mroe darker shade of purple and a little more chrome to some parts and that would be about it.
That, is fricking sexy.
Thanks guys! I snapped a few more WIP shots that I'll toss up later here. I cut the knee pad area down and built the side/hip packs from styrene, then fixed the arm cannon attachments so the entire piece (both orange barrel & holder) is much more sturdy.
Give me a few & I'll toss 'em up.
OK, here are some new WIP shots. It's still a WIP, but it's nearing completion on the actual build itself. The paints/colors are just basically early test runs. The orange barrel will stay the same, but the rest will be completely repainted once the last parts are built. Still need to finish building the knee pad area with styrene & maybe touch up the shoulder pods a bit. Also still thinking about the forearms (backside) and how I want to build or work that. For now, I just have a thin sheet of styrene in place.
I build the new treads using tank treads from the old Energon Bruticus Maximus tank. I cut them in half, then glued them together, then cut them down more. Then completely built styrene over them and scratchbuilt the treads and covering for it all. They still need sanding and gaps need filling, but the build is done on those. Transformation is worked out and done. The only down side to all of this is the way I chose to keep the bot mode more in line with the G1-toon character. I wanted the treads on the back of his upper arms in bot mode (hence the need to build them smaller than the previous ones), but the hinged parts I used on the old treads to do just that were much too large and bulky for the overall look I wanted here. So, this entire thing transforms, with the exception of the cannon, treads, & hands. The treads have ball joints that snap into the area where the fists snap into in bot mode and the cannon just comes off (similar to G1 Galvatron) and separates. In alt mode, the fists and rear (silver/black) part of the cannon are MIA (probably hanging with G1 Prime's trailer).
I try to stay away from partsforming, but in this case, I want a G1-styled upgrade for the character and since he'll spend most time in bot mode, I figured what the hell. Anyway, enough yapping......enjoy! I'm hoping to have more WIP done on him soon, then onto paints!
So quoted for the sexy truth!
That is so freakin' beautiful... that's the classics Galvatron we should have gotten!
Everything has come together so perfectly on this.
B - this has the be almost a perfect example of Galvatron! I know this has been through many phases, and the idea has been running around in parts, but I think you have taken the best of all the others and made something unique.
The ALT mode is what does it...absolutely perfect in my opinion.
Looks great man!
Thanks, guys! It's been a while since I updated anything. Been WAY too busy at work & home to do much in the last half-year or so. Hoping to get back on track & finish up the couple of commissions I had on the plate. These updates were done starting in August, & more recently in October/November (for the scratchbuilt knee pads).
I've since done a bit more, just haven't snapped shots yet. The new mods that aren't shown were done to the tripod "tail" so that it can now rotate up behind his back & head, as opposed to sticking way out in bot mode. I also shortened the cannon just a bit. The only mod left is to scratchbuild the rest of the tripod "tail". It's complete, just needs some styrene to cover the rotating bits & bulk it up a bit in a couple of areas. Overall, the build is DONE, except for that minor scratcbuilt stuff just mentioned. I also worked in a better way for the treads to attach in bot mode to his back to give that look & feel that G1 toon Galvy had.
Enjoy the updates! Hopefully, I'll have more up soon & try to wrap this sucker up.
Awesome update ! He is loking great !
This is awesome!
Nicely done friend. Looks great
B- you got me to log in because this is the shiz-nit.
Dead on...can't wait for the alt mode.
Miss you bro!
Awesome work B! As always. Can't wait to see him finished.
Separate names with a comma.