Galvatron a gestalt transformer ?

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by davidargile, Feb 15, 2014.

1. davidargile

davidargile Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Well now we know that it is galvatron as the freightliner argosy, I was looking at the toy fair pics and the galvatron factory fight pic for kre-o shows him bigger than the other kre-o bots like Optimus, bumblebee etc with things attached to his legs and arms like a gestalt transformer.

So I was thinking Does this mean galvatron will become a gestalt transformer in the final battle to fight the dinobots and Optimus ?

I was going to attach the relevant pic which shows this and we know it's galvatron as he has the flame circle thing in his chest.

If anyone can attach the pic and highlight it as I've submitted it on a iPad and it's hard to attach files etc

Many thanks if you do

2. Scorpio

Scorpio Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I get the feeling they just enlarged him for the set...

He has a similar chest and the legs match with the voyager class figure we saw.

Head is pretty much what we saw - only the top of the arms puzzles me as he has drills there... but I'm guessing that's just to replicate spikes.

Link to set;
    [​IMG]

3. HereticalHeresy

HereticalHeresy Decepticon

News Credits:
    I get what you're saying. But on top of that, it's all colored the same, and could be more like an exo-suit, than other Cybertronians. (Considering he's about to battle Grimlock, whom we know now as huge, he needs some form of advantage.)

Though, there are those heads in the jars and scanners above him, or at least it looks like it. Maybe he salvages the bodies?

4. davidargile

davidargile Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    You could be correct. It just bugs me what do the dinobots fight ? Something must be big and powerful for the decepticons, big enough for prime to find the dinobots to fight it

If he was a combiner it would explain a major fight for the autobots to seek the dinobots help to win

I still think even though the toy fair has shown a lot they may be a few surprises left still to be discovered

5. ArmadaSentinel

ArmadaSentinel Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Who's the third hologram bot next to Bee and Stinger?
    And any ideas on the heads? That red one with the tache has me stumped...

6. tonyformer

tonyformer Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I don't think its a stash, I think its just part of its faceplate.

7. Scorpio

News Credits:
    Third hologram will be for the white 2013 Chevrolet Camaro.

The red head is Stinger. The other head is likely for the white 2013 Chevrolet Camaro.

8. tonyformer

News Credits:
    Agreed. In fact, we have not seen any of the RC toys that were shown at London. We have not seen any of the legion toys, we have not seen what "wolf" is or the sparkers toys. Have not seen deluxe stinger, Sonic, or the Snarl toy. We have not seen voyager Slog/Slug? The RC helicopter? Deluxe lockdown or deluxe concept Bee. And maybe more.

9. Scorpio

News Credits:
    Just wondering - will the other days of Toy Fair have anything new or just the same?

10. tonyformer

News Credits:
    im sure we will get some new stuff. Not everything was shown.

11. neevnav

neevnav The Flying Dutchman

News Credits:
    I had a thought about this. We saw the Argosy with all the super cars and assumed it was Motormaster, right? Perhaps they have combined the role of the Stunticons with Galvatron in this, so that he forms a Gestalt with the Stunticons instead, and that's what fights Grimlock in robot mode. Just a thought.

12. RedWolf

RedWolf Well-Known Member

Still not big enough. Just to put into perspective Grimlock is around the same height as Devastator.

In the list about Jousters/Sparkers Lockdown is partnered with Wolf while the Autobots are partnered with Dinobots.

On Cybertron the Decepticons have giant versions of Hatchet.
    [​IMG]

So yeah Lockdown may have something to take on the Dinobots.

13. primal789

primal789 Prime

News Credits:
    I think he will have Wolf and some giant ships

14. neevnav

neevnav The Flying Dutchman

News Credits:
    We really have no idea how big Grimlock is going to be in Robot mode. He could easily pull a Starscream and "fold" in on himself, and his tail could become his mace. He'll likely be large but I don't see him being Devastator size at all. And once you have the Argosy, who could be Prime height, plus add cars for legs and arms, he could be as big.

15. RedWolf

RedWolf Well-Known Member

I never said anything about the robot mode. I said Grimlock in dino mode which we saw in the trailer and Devastator are around the same range of height. Height not size because in terms of mass Devastator has more.

[​IMG][​IMG]
    Transformers revange of the fallen: Devastator VS Mudflap And Skids - YouTube
    [​IMG][​IMG]

16. kjeevahh

kjeevahh n/a

News Credits:
    clearly sentinel prime

17. The Iron Magnus

The Iron Magnus Optimus's Face-in-a-Box

Hmm, seeing the trailer with him and the size of that red car he sliced, he probably won't fight the Dinobots.

18. ArmadaSentinel

ArmadaSentinel Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yeah I realised a while ago, there's a thread about it. ;) 

Upon looking at the official images, the third holographic kreon next to Bee and Stinger is Galvatron in a regular kreon form (same chest design), so I am now convinced that Galvy will have some sort of power-up, whether it be through combination or an exo-suit.

19. transfanatic

transfanatic Saving the best for last.

Galvatron, a combiner in the movie climax?

Well, we can always hope that this unfortunate version of Galvatron would at least be a combiner that it may still somewhat justify the utter dissapointment from this version of his but one thing we should keep in mind with Bayformers is that we can always count on the fact that any of our hopes for better TF characters of the live action movie will just be shattered altogether. So I think NAH, Bay won't be making any more TF combiners in this next disaster TF movie just like that he didn't make any TF combiners in his previous DOTM.