Gallery of Animated Two-Pack Megatron w/Battle Damage

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Foster, Jan 21, 2008.

1. microclone

microclone Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    i can understand that this 2 pack has a niche on the shelf as a preview set but the thing is there shouldnt need to be a preview set, the toys should be out.

Heres some zero evidence speculation: I wonder if the delux earth prime was the/one of the original toy ideas for earth prime but was shelved with hasbro deciding on the voyager.

Since the put back on animation toy release maybe hasbro quickly concocted the 2 pack preview and have more recently made this little megatron who somehow seems a little rushed (i dont know why i feel that but he just seems to lack the polish of the other deluxes) also unless the dvds gives new info about the story i wonder why there is a set with earth prime and cybertron megs, maybe megs is rebuilt initially as cybertron megs and later becomes earth megs hence the two together.

then again i could be totally wrong and the preview has been on the cards right from the start.

2. microclone

News Credits:
    i prefer the voyager, the metallic plastic on delux megs seems to obscure the details of the mould esp. the face. the voyager megs has an overall sharper look.

3. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    The 2-pack isn't really anything new. If my memory is correct, we were told about it clear back when we first got info about the toy line (back when we were told that it would be mainly Deluxes and Voyagers), so basically the 2-pack has been planned since pretty much the begining, and was actually supposed to be out by now, but because of the success of the movie line, and retailers wanting to gain as much money as possible from it, the Animated line as a whole was pushed back (including the premier 2-pack). I personally really like it, and it doesn't bother me that Earth Prime and Cybertronian Megs never battled against each other. I'm actually thinking about getting a 2nd set when these guys come out, to turn the Megs into a Shockave, but I currently have no idea what I would do with the extra Prime (any ideas out there?).

4. Lucs

Lucs This Guy!

News Credits:
    Tough call for me. I like the Deluxe colors and size more but I hate battle damage paint. I'm also wondering if the bigger one has a hand on his gun arm

5. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    He does (we've seen it in pictures of him before). It's pretty much exactly like the one on his other arm (clear red, and open).

6. Turcicus

Turcicus Well-Known Member

:drool: 
    I've liked everything I've seen so far, and I'll be picking up everything.

The reasoning behind including Earth Optimus w/ Cybertron Megs is easy - they're the forms of each that we/the viewers have seen the most of. Granted, Cybertron Megs was only in the first episode, but right now he's only a head!! If this is a preview set due out soon, Megs hasn't even acquired his Earth mode yet, so there's no point in including it in the set. And besides, only geeks like us are going to realize that those two forms never really met :wink: 

7. Sir_Sapphire

Sir_Sapphire Well-Known Member

Paint him gray and green and call him Kup.

8. alex_kingdom

alex_kingdom Well-Known Member

How odd that they created a totally new figure for the two pack. I really like both of them it's going to be tough deciding between them.

Yours AK

9. Deadend

Deadend Spark of Creation

News Credits:
    I like the chest on the bigger one, but like the smaller canon. The elbows look to be the same, rotatable in the shoulder but a hinge joint of the arm.

Guess ball joints aren't strong enough for the canon.

10. doomtron

doomtron Hunter

News Credits:
    use a buffing nailfile and toilet paper to get that out. the nailfile to light sand and the tp to get youre finish back. man i want this two pack. after looking at these exstensively i like the deluxe better

11. microclone

News Credits:
    ah ok, so its not some sweetener then. I personally am happy to see the 2 pack, the prime is certainly different enough from the cybertron mode to warrant a purchase and its nice enough on its own merits. I'll admit, i'll be glad to see animated on the shelves over the movie toys which are becoming very tedious, i wasnt excited by the movie toys to begin with but the long slow execution is really dragging on.

12. Paradigm-Shift Prime

Paradigm-Shift Prime Unit Warrior TFW2005 Supporter

Ultra Magnus? :lol 

13. Prometheum5

Prometheum5 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Normally, UM would work... but he's actually got a new design again for this show, so hopefully we'll get a toy for him...

14. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    I'm really sure we'll be getting a toy for him, as Hasbro said that we would be getting a new mold Ultra Magnus, and it has unofficially confirmed by a fellow board member, that he's going to be bigger than a Voyager class figure. If I can, when the 2-pack comes out, I'll try and buy a Megatron from someone who just wants the 2-pack for the Prime figure (win situation for both them and me).

15. Jarodimus

Jarodimus the guy with that scan Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    This post contains 100% of the USRDA of Truth.

16. Pravus Prime

Pravus Prime Wields Mjolnir!

News Credits:
    I think I prefer this smaller deluxe mode to the larger one. I like the hands, the smaller fusion cannon, and the somewhat more steamlined look in both modes. While I don't care for the battle damage, and would vastly prefer it without it, I suppose I can either recolor or live with it.

While I may hold off to see what Hasbro gives us, I may even pick up a second one to customize into Galvatron or some hybrid mix between Galvatron and Megatron.

17. Tenebrouser

Tenebrouser Craft...or is it crap?

My thoughts exactly.

18. airfox

airfox TF: Cybertronian Wars!

News Credits:
    So it is indeed smaller .... looks nice.

Comparing both alt-modes, it's crystal-clear both are transformed properly, 'cause they look pretty much the same. I have no clear favorite in this form.

In bot mode, I think the Voyager is the better figure, although the Deluxe manages to have a pretty nice upper half, a better color scheme and a better BFG (albeit smaller). It almost seems like Voyager Megs is over compensating for something.

The battle damage is sad, sad, sad. It makes 2-Pack Optimus Prime's battle damage look like a work of art.

I also second whoever said the heads appear to be the same on both figures.

So I guess I'll be getting 3 Primes and 3 Megs from TFA.

It's clearly a remold! ;) 

I LOLed hard! :lol 

QFT!

-airfox

19. Prometheum5

Prometheum5 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I like the cartoony battle-damage, and I like the proportions of the smaller Megs better for the most part, but not having elbow articulation just sucks...

20. Shin Densetsu

Shin Densetsu I WILL DESTROY YOU Content Contributor Veteran

News Credits:
    He does have it, its just at a weird angle, and the arm is swiveled at the bicep.