Galaxy Force characters got nerfed in the English dub

Discussion in 'Transformers Earthspark and Cartoon Discussion' started by TheLegend, Jan 13, 2024.

1. BWIguanusfan2

BWIguanusfan2 BWII enjoyer and Triceradon's strongest warrior

YouTube (Legacy):
    I'm interested What incited your insight to cause such a revaluation my guy? Please

• Like Like x 1
  2. TheLegend

TheLegend Banned

??

• Like Like x 1
  3. BWIguanusfan2

YouTube (Legacy):
    You started this thread liking galaxy force and saying it's infinitely superior to the cybertron's dub, but now you consider superlink to be much better then it and the show is so fundamentally flawed either verison can't fix it. I also like energon, I was just wondering what happened.

4. BWIguanusfan2

YouTube (Legacy):
    Thanks for answering!
    Screenshot_20230917_223721_YouTube.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  5. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Be strong enough to be gentle

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    The people who prefer Cybertron aren't blind to its flaws, they just don't see them as outweighing the positives it gave. Technical faults and minor errors don't spoil what is considered by many to be an overall improvement by the dub. Neither show is perfect, and Cybertron isn't a systematic upgrade in every regard.

You also act like bias isn't something everybody, yourself included, has. Bias is just another word for preference, itself functionally identical to "positive opinion on something." Pretending you aren't biased towards something you've personally invested in (be it financially or, in this conversation, time spent watching it) is foolish, and one of the many ways internet discourse has conditioned people to be overly protective of their personal preference, as if your opinion doesn't "count" because you like it, when it's actually the exact opposite. It forces people to reduce discussions to some kind of provable metric that forgets that at the end of this day it's all just people's opinions, and your arguments aren't invalidated just because you have one.

I'm somewhat of the opposite of you. I grew up disliking Cybertron, and if I'm honest all the anime dubs, and only in later years did I appreciate more what Cybertron did in comparison to its contemporaries. Where Armada was a rush job with obvious mistakes, and Energon was a flat out disaster of a dub, it's impossible not to want to give Cybertron credit for actually trying. They were on slightly a more forgiving timetable than the previous entries, but a dub is still a dub, and it was a damn sight more competent than it had any right to be.

• Like Like x 3
  6. TheLegend

TheLegend Banned

Average GF hater: Waah, GF sucks because Megatron and Starscream sound so similar!!

7. Codigo Postal

Codigo Postal Well-Known Member

I am likely in the extreme minority, but Primus help me, I actually *enjoyed* the racing scenes when I first watched GF, and then again when I watched Cybertron.

Also, my tolerance of stock footage varies - loved it in RID01, but found it repetitive in GF, and appreciated the efforts of the dubbing team to keep it interesting for the audience.

Finally, although I enjoyed both versions, the English dub/Cybertron is my favorite for the very sentimental reason that it's the last time we had the Beast Wars VA's on the same project. My disappointment that they weren't brought back for ROTB knows no bounds...

• Like Like x 2
  8. AllHailMegatron13

AllHailMegatron13 Banned

GF haters... Fuck ya mamas. All of ya.

9. TAZZY

TAZZY Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Freakin' warzone out here.

• Like Like x 2
  10. Autobot Springer

Autobot Springer Member

More like ... Whinezone

• Like Like x 2
  11. IGEBM

IGEBM The Loremaster

That’s like every TFW post lol (some more than others tho)

Meanwhile, I won’t participate since the most I know I about GF are some of the characters’ names and that it’s separate from ML and SL lol

• Like Like x 1
  12. BWIguanusfan2

YouTube (Legacy):
    The discussion had ended months ago lol.

• Like Like x 3
  13. Jeeaxus

Jeeaxus J->E Translator, Comics Fan, Recent Collector

Instagram:
    Started watching Galaxy Force.

Are Master Megatron and Starscream’s deals ever going to be revealed? Was there a war in this continuity? Are they just two evil outcasts living in some kind of fire realm?

If they didn’t have a war, the Autobots’ rigidly militaristic structure (with Galaxy Convoy still having the “supreme commander” title) sure is weird.

• Like Like x 1
  14. BWIguanusfan2

YouTube (Legacy):
    I believe it's examined when the story gets to planet X
    as it's critical to Noisemase and Soundwave's back story.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Jeeaxus

Jeeaxus J->E Translator, Comics Fan, Recent Collector

Instagram:
    Ah, okay.

That is...kind of a baffling way to start a new stand-alone series, but I'll give it the benefit of the doubt.

I know there's been some late-game retconning to bring the Japanese version in line with the previous two We've Studio shows too, but as that very much wasn't the intent during airing, I'm just trying to watch the show as intended. It seems like the approach is similar to something like Earthspark, or weirdly the Prime Wars Trilogy, where there was ??? backstory that may or may not resemble the Transformers lore you know, and we're picking up after a typical Autobot-Decepticon conflict. Maybe. Pretty unclear as of the pilot.

• Like Like x 1