Gail Simone's DOTM tweets

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Alienbot, Oct 14, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Flavenstein

Flavenstein Member

I have to admit: I do see where she's coming from. I love Transformers: G1, Beast Wars, Unicron Trilogy, Prime, RiD, the movies, you name it; I love it! But from a critical point of view: the movies are utter trash. I love the movies in much the same way I love "Friday the 13th: Part 8". They're fun sure, but they don't count as "good" movies by any stretch of the imagination.

2. Bumblethumper

Bumblethumper old misery guts

News Credits:
    I don't want to hate on someone's tweets, but I think snarkiness about these movies has become pretty stale at this point. For a while, they were like a gold mine, but by now it's been done to death.

Which is too bad, because there's a lot less fun to be had from them if you can't even find a laugh at their expense.

3. SKowl

SKowl Rubber Golem

Sorry, most of these comments are true - and they seem to be the general opinion of most non-TF fans I've talked to who have seen the film(s).

4. Nachtsider

Nachtsider Banned

News Credits:
    The Frances McDormand one. So true.

5. Inner-Demon

Inner-Demon Instrument of Destruction

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    YouTube:
    I'm a huge fan of Gail Simone and loved her tweets assessing DOTM. Very accurate and fun. I appreciate it when someone with actual creativity acknowledges the failure of DOTM. It's not just single-minded fanatics to recognize a faulty production.

6. legolas grof

legolas grof Cardboard Industries CEO

News Credits:
    :lolol 

7. megatron66

megatron66 OD'd on candy

what has she been eating? Something that damges her brain, for sure.

8. Starscreamownz

Starscreamownz Air Commander

News Credits:
    Clearly this woman is an idiot. She uses Twitter.

She should stop looking for attention and go write a new comic nobody will care about.

9. Ephland

Ephland Let's Go Rangers

News Credits:
    This proves 3 things:

Women, for the most part, are not funny.

Twitter is the biggest fucking waste of time ever.

People who put forth such an effort to make fun of TF3 are clearly doing so for attention.

10. Ceasar121

Ceasar121 Wants a Toxitron repaint!

News Credits:
    These tweets weren't funny. Maybe true in some aspects, but JUST. NOT. FUNNY.

That's what makes it worse... you're doing something that has already been done to death. Why ride a bandwagon that has had almost daily infusion since ROTF came out?

To be honest, this is the reason I HATE twitter. 98% of the people on there are broadcasting verbal garbage that serves no other purpose than to try and garner them some attention. Please either be funny or profound, and stop spouting the inane thoughts from the top of your head as they come to you.

11. Inner-Demon

Inner-Demon Instrument of Destruction

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    YouTube:
    Wow, that's absolutely inappropriate. You must have had either a bad divorce or just a complete lack of interaction with women. Beyond that, so she got around to watching it and had some fun, so what? I know a number of women who are turned off by these films because of Bay's total lack of respect for a female audience, and his treatment of women in these films are laughable.

An action film, no matter its premise, does not need to treat any audience this stupid or disrespectful. In conclusion; don't be a Bay.

12. Primal1987

Primal1987 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Felt like someone wanted to watch the movie just to trash it.

Like others have been saying, she's also a little late to the party. LOL

13. bellpeppers

bellpeppers A Meat Popsicle

News Credits:
    I do know who she is... but care not. After reading her tweets, I now understand why comic sales have been slumping.

12 monkeys with keyboards could produce something more intelligent than her.

It doesn't matter to me that she dislikes the film; but some of the crap she tweeted was stupid.

If she wants a lesson in humor, she should stop by topless robot sometime. Now THAT is funny. AND spot-on!

She should lay off the meth if she's gonna try to be clever.

14. Ephland

Ephland Let's Go Rangers

News Credits:
    No, it's not inappropriate, and no, this has nothing to do with the amount and/or content of my interaction with women.

But I certainly would like to hear more about this "laughable treatment of women" you are speaking of.

15. Anguirus

Anguirus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    ITT Ephland learns that not everyone tolerates people who will say outrageously sexist things at the slightest excuse. Have some more scorn, courtesy of the house.

16. Ceasar121

Ceasar121 Wants a Toxitron repaint!

News Credits:
    Ok I disagree with this.

Michael Bay doesn't do anything that action films haven't done with women before... his movies treat women just like Crank, the Transporter, the Spirit, Jennifer's Body etc etc...

Rosie was given a T&A moment, but she was given the chance to speak up, and her bravery motivated Megatron into saving Prime's ass in the end so... Megan Fox was brave and tough in both of her TF roles so... How is the treatment of women in these films laughable? Both female protagonists have been arguably more 'macho' than the lead male character, Megan Fox drove a truck backwards through a war zone to help take down a robot, then she captured a Decepticon and ran over another when it was attempting to capture/kill Sam...

For the most part, women in action movies are treated as sex objects. Save Sarah Connor and maybe Princess Leia (even she's an objectified sexual pawn), that's how women are treated in the glut of action movies. Cinema is trying to give us some kick ass women (and doing a bad job), but Bay's also done movies where he had strong empowered females. Bad Boys 1 and 2, Armageddon, and the Island all had women who weren't just used as sex objects and eye candy.

Secondly, I'm pretty sure that women aren't the target audience of a movie about Giant Robots fighting to the death. Maybe I'm wrong, but I have a feeling they aren't in the target demographic. It's probably why Paramount wasn't banking on it being as much of a success as it has been.

Lastly, I hate when people make comments like 'I know a number of women that' blah blah blah. 1 Billion in worldwide receipts would suggest that more than just the target audience enjoyed the movie. It also suggests that for the number of women that fit this description , there's an equal number who would disagree, and another group that is indifferent.

It annoys me to no end that Bay gets flak for being 'misogynistic' when nearly everyone of his female leads has been important or kicked some sort of ass. It's like people are saying women are NEVER supposed to be sex objects, which is stupid. The continuance of our species as a race depends on that aspect of life.

17. Ironhide4

Ironhide4 Banned

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I have no idea who she is, therefore she does not matter

18. Chris McFeely

Chris McFeely Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    *pokes head into thread*

*sniff sniff*

Hey, guys, there's this strong smell of butthurt wafting around, and I was wondering if you knew where it was...

*sniff*

Oh, yeah, okay, never mind.

19. Ironhide4

Ironhide4 Banned

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I agree all the way here. Every female comedian I have watched is painfully unfunny, not saying this woman is a comedian as she clearly isn't nor do I know who she is, but yeah women telling jokes has never been funny to me.

20. AnithaPrime

AnithaPrime TURDUKEN

I absolutely love the movie, but I still find her comments funny..

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.