Gaia Unicron first pic but also Darkness Megatron, pcc United figs and other....

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Cheem The Rup, Apr 18, 2012.

1. Sepultron

Sepultron .

So now that we know the Jet Vehicon is a retooled Vehicon car, do you think it's more or less likely to be a Takara-Tomy exclusive as initially suggested?

2. Chris McFeely

Chris McFeely Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    What? You HAVE caught on. The Leader class *has* stopped being about providing in-scale representations of bigger characters now. I'm telling you you're correct.

3. tigerhawk16

tigerhawk16 Transmetal

Ebay:
    well guys remember the vehicons jet or car are uniform bots as army builders so it makes sense that the designs will share similarities just like they do on the show so I like them allot Ill definitely have one of each.

And personally Ill be waiting for the Hasbro figures I mean why spend the extra cash on takara versions since they dont appear to be doing the quality paint anymore.

4. Anguirus

Anguirus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Unicron is neat enough I guess. He transforms into a pile of parts, like everything else that transforms into nothing, so no big loss there. Voyager size is really kinda...I don't know. I guess a "Weaponizer" would be too compromised, as would a Cyberverse one-off playset, but it seems depressingly mundane. Although you can justify it, since the Unicrons Prime fought weren't much bigger than him at first, and then you can stick one with the whole Cyberverse line to feel bigger.

I guess if nothing else Voyager is small enough to "troopbuild" Unicron, heh!

Oh yeah, but the combining feature is weird and macabre. Now Optimus doesn't just take your face, he builds your bones into armor? Of course if it does SOMEhow reflect happenings in the show, that's interesting and potentially really cool. (Optimus/Unicron team up against, say, Megatron would be hilarious.)

Jet Vehicon: I'm disappointed that it is a retool, because no matter how creative they get the alt mode will be way off. But on the other hand, it means they get to benefit from the success of the existing Vehicon. A totally new tooling would be great of course, but what if it sucked? :p  Actually now I'm wondering how the CGI modelers do the Jet Vehicon. Is it a retool due primarily to budget, or is it a retool due to design concerns and the added benefit of being similar to the car Vehicon?

Darkness Megatron: Don't care.

United: Ha, knew it would be something weird and it didn't disappoint. Funny that they didn't even pick the best four PCCs available...but maybe that means they are doing more. Looking forward to obscure fiction that "officially" makes PCCs part of a G1 timeline, lol. Oh yeah, and it's super-weird that the five-parters are being marketed as Primes. Did Takara just go Prime-crazy now that they've given up on Convoy?

5. masishadow

masishadow Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Oh, I don't know where the micron ports are on AM-01, but would it require the japanese release or would the Hasbro suffice for snap-on pieces, I wonder.

6. wildfly

wildfly Formerly the next big thing.

News Credits:
    Jet-car-thingy Vehicon works fine for me.

Hasbro's more aggressive costings, and or Leaders not selling as well as they or retailers would have hoped, might be possible explanations.

7. tigerhawk16

tigerhawk16 Transmetal

Ebay:
    I doubt that since the fighter vehicon is a mainstay on the show Hasbro will undoubtedly be making a mass production one like they're doing with the land vehicon.

8. tigerhawk16

tigerhawk16 Transmetal

Ebay:
    looking at the unicron design I really think this one is a cyberverse figure especially since it makes one of those mech suits like that bumblebee armor.

9. GAUGE

GAUGE -TF:WFC:Siege UNICRON Backer-

News Credits:
    [​IMG]

10. Bountyan

Bountyan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Will wait till Ages Three and Up gets these so I can buy them in person

11. anikenvader

anikenvader Hero for hire

News Credits:
    I really dig these.
    Problem is, I already have the AM-05 Megatron. One of the main reasons I bought it was for the Micron for my voyager. NOW I want the AM Voyager and it has the same cannon! Hopefully it's retooled in some way, but the new micron looks cool too.
    Too bad the silver is more than likely a sticker.
    Unicron looks neat, we'll have to see more before I make an opinion. Jet vehicon looks cool. Only need 2, though.

12. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    It's nice to see something of the Unicron toy, even if it is just a basic CG representation. Should be interesting to see how it turns out. Depending on the price, and availability, I might get him to display with my Cyberverse figures.

13. Anguirus

Anguirus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    But...those mech suits are for Cyberverse figures, not Voyager-class figures. And Takara at any rate is selling him as an "Arms Micron," which includes the figures from the US "Robots in Disguise" imprint of the Prime line.

14. Maetel

Maetel Well-Known Member

hehe jet vehicle is a flying car, hilarious, preordered one none the less,

unicron 'combine' with optimus? or hentai tentacle rape? you decide!

15. Spoiler

Spoiler Autobot Spoiler

News Credits:
    *sees better pics of Jeticon*

Yeah, I'll keep them on preorder. They don't look too bad. In fact, I kinda like that car/jet design. Plus, the money I would spend going all over the place to find them in stores, IF THEY GET US RELEASE, will be probably just as much to do the taks.

16. WreckageGhost

WreckageGhost Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I wonder when HLJ will put up the new preorders

17. General Tekno

General Tekno Self-Styled #1 Lugnut Fan

News Credits:
    Wondering the same thing - I plan on moving mine over there when that happens.

18. exomega255

exomega255 Emerald Green

News Credits:
    this. as soon as HLJ puts it up, bye bye BBTS.

19. PropagandaWar

PropagandaWar Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    So either Breakdown's micron is huge or he's a flippin Delux. WTF Hasbro. Even kids will be going hey Bulk come fight your arch rival Midget Breakdown!

20. PropagandaWar

PropagandaWar Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Nevermind I looked at the pick wrong. Breakdown better be a voyager! Or, or. Nevermind there's nothing I'll do about it.