GAaahH!!!

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by butz, Mar 1, 2006.

1. butz

butz slippery when wet

I've been putting off getting the final volume of the G1 series on DVD (season3, part 2) for some time due to lack of money; this week I finally have some money set aside for it, but when I checked Amazon, they only have it available used through 3rd party sellers... FOR LIKE $94 F*CKING DOLLARS!!! I promptly checked with all the local retailers and nobody has it in stock... I want it pretty badly, but theres no way in hell I'm paying some ass-raping cocksmoker $94 bucks for it.
    Does anybody know of an online retailer that still has it (for less than $94)???? I'd be grateful if anyone can help me out here.

2. DavidLoPan

DavidLoPan Well-Known Member

Doubt any online retailers have it in stock. It's been out of print for months. You might wanna check your local gamestops or mom & pop stores in the used bin. Or you can buy mine for 92.50 :) 

3. Kickback

Kickback @GeekWithChris Administrator News Staff

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Tumblr:
    $92.49 here.

Yeah. Out of print + Rhino losing rights = no future releases of it unless by Paramount.

4. butz

butz slippery when wet

Out of curiosity, has Paramount expressed any interest in releasing the series? Don't get me wrong, I don't want to re-buy any episodes I already own, and could probably track down what I need long before they'd release it; again, just curious is all.

5. Ramberk Magnus

Ramberk Magnus Well-Known Member

Well, some folks have speculated that Hasbro my re-air it on TV when Classics get released. That might affect the chances of it getting released again.

6. ckhtiger

ckhtiger old skool fool

News Credits:
    dude, if you just look on ebay for "transformers dvds" you'll find the entire series for less than that. someone on the boards here just got it, and I hear the quality's just grand

7. Triformis

Triformis Insecticon Fanatic TFW2005 Supporter

8. skywarp

skywarp The extra Autobot

The only problem with that guy on ebays auctions are that they do not say a region code. And china has a differnt region than the US. So my guess and I could be wrong, but they are illegal boot legs. Although I know of an offical china release.

I would be werry of them my self.

9. Thundercracker

Thundercracker Contemptuous

10. Voiceroy

Voiceroy Trans-fo-mahs!

News Credits:
    I saw G1 S3/P2/S4 @ one of the local MovieStop stores just last week for $32.99 (pre-owned, but that's still a bargain). I bought my pre-owned copy of the same set for just $19.99 at CD Warehouse, about 6 months ago.

Check to see if they have a CD Warehouse in your area at http://cdwarehouse.com/

11. Moroni Prime

Moroni Prime #TFYLP Podcast

News Credits:
    have you tried overstock.com?

12. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Veteran

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
  13. Golden Age

Golden Age BATTLE BEAST

Are you kidding? Just wait 4 when the movie comes out. It will probably be re-released by whoever has the rights with even more features and goodies. Maybe even improved audio and visual. In 2007 we will be drowned in TF stuff and it will be a glorious time indeed.

14. Voiceroy

Voiceroy Trans-fo-mahs!

News Credits:
    I won't be buying them again unless they are properly restored/remastered (without all the animation mistakes) with no "enhanced sfx" and with ample bonus content like those in the UK got with theirs.

Otherwise, I'm satisfied with my sets. And I've paid less than half retail on all of them. I got BW S2 last week preowned at MovieStop for only $5 and change, after using up the rest of my trade-in credit. And even if I hadn't used my store credit, it was still a bargain at $9.99.

And if Sony does rerelease them with bonus features (but none of the other things I mentioned), I'll just rent the bonus disc through my Netflix account and save myself a buttload of money.