G2

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by OldsCut78, Feb 2, 2008.

1. Laser_Optimus

Laser_Optimus Currently no longer giving a shit about the MCU. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Personally I loved G2 as it was one of the first series I remember actually being able to afford buying a Prime for myself. To this day Laser Rod Prime is still my favorite rendition of Optimus and has only lost his #1 spot on my shelf by the astonishing work that is Classics Optimus (of course, he's holding LR Prime's sword). I loved all the new molds (even if the Cyberjets and GoBots were really freakin' tiny) and it was a good chance earlier on to get some of the older G1 molds (though, as has already been pointed out, some of the color choices were down right abysmal). And, to this day, Combat Hero Megatron is still one of my favorite Megatron toys (second only to Botcon 06's Pre-BW Megatron), but I wish they'd re-release that mold in his G1 colors at some point as that would look so much better...

I distinctly remember having all the G2 comics as a kid too and being really wowed by them. Bought them again when they were rereleased through Titan Trades and really enjoyed them the second time around too. Excellent writing throughout and for a change they really showed the Transformers race at war.

2. Basketball Jones

Basketball Jones Decepticon

It was clearly sufficiently memorable for me to still be a fan fourteen years later.

As adults, we can look at the garish color schemes on G2 Onslaught with contempt, but it seems apparent they were designed specifically to appeal to children- I can recall receiving G2 Onslaught as a holiday gift and thinking that the color scheme was very impressive.

3. jorod74

jorod74 Psycholagnist (Ret.)

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    i got a black sideswipe at clearance for less than 5 bucks at a service merchandise back in 1996.

hate the neon colored stickers, but the mold was decent.

the only problem is that one of his feet pops out easy. but i just display him in bot mode any way.

i like G2, not bad.

4. Black Convoy

Black Convoy Proudly Peruvian Transfan Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    I simply love G2! It's kind of those lines that people have learned to aprecciate after a looong time.

G2 proved that they could make cool poseable toys. Most of BW basics are "evolutions" of G2 figures.

Dreadwing and Smokescreen are by far 2 molds that were many many years in advance compared to most of recent molds. For me they are one of the best molds ever made.

Laser Rods showed super articualtion and cool light gimmicks in a small toy for a fair price.

All hail G2!

5. Dropshot

Dropshot Transform your destiny

News Credits:
    I love the line, I first met the TFs through it. For that time, the color scheme were cool looking to me even though I now consider them ridiculous.

6. Grimlock_13

Grimlock_13 Currently facepalming at your post

News Credits:
    G2 is a kickass line, inspite of the early 90's neon coloring ;) 

I never had Jazz or Sideswipe as a kid, so being able to have another chance at getting them, even if they weren't exactly the same as the originals, was awesome to me at the time. And I still think G2 Optimus' black trailer looks more badass than the gray G1 trailer. AND the Laser Rods and Cyber Jets are some of the most awesome molds ever! And I only have the RiD Scourge version of the mold but Laser Prime is freaking killer as well. Lots of great things came from G2

7. soundwaveCA

soundwaveCA Veteran

News Credits:
    I love G2, I was too young for G1 so G2 is what introduced me to TF's.

8. Dinobot Nuva

Dinobot Nuva Johnny 3 Tears Veteran

News Credits:
    Same here, I grew up on that shit...until Kindergarten when Beast Wars started...but still. G2 is god to me like G1 is god to so many older fans.
    DN