Minor/Repaint: G2 sideswipe partswap custom.

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by Kupp, Nov 6, 2005.

1. Kupp

Kupp Relic of a time before time. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Here is G2 sideswipe: http://www.tfu.info/1993/Autobot/Sideswipe/sideswipe.htm

I took my G2 sideswipe, removed all the hideous G2 stickers, leaving only his autobot symbol on the hood.

I then purchased a Re-issue red alert. I swapped a ton of pieces out, to create a more black sideswipe. I then used Red Alert's sticker sheet, and removed his factory headlights and rubsign and transfered them to G2 sideswipe.

Here is the end product posing with Takara Re-issue sideswip and Hasbro Re-issue Red Alert.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Now as soon as the Stepper Re-issue gets cheaper I will be picking that up for the targetmaster. It fits in sideswipe's hand and will plug into the hole in the top of his alt mode, making him Targetmaster Sideswipe.

2. ikado

ikado Cuttlebot

Ebay:
    You should use the left over red G2 Sideswipe parts to make a cartoon accurate Red Alert!

The Black sideswipe looks great, btw!

3. Ops_was_a_truck

Ops_was_a_truck JOOOLIE ANDREWWWWWS!!!!!!

Ebay:
    I did an all-black Decepticon Sideswipe using the G1 and G2 Sideswipe toys; his decals came from Reprolabels - complements to reprolabels for those; I love 'em - and then I used the remaining red parts to make a "1984 G1 Hot Rod" - again, with complements to reprolabels for their decal set.

It ends up looking like this:

[​IMG]