G1=WFC=TF:P... it's whatever you want!

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by bellpeppers, Jul 22, 2010.

1. General Magnus

General Magnus Da Custodes of the Emprah

Here I was thinking that WW was established as the prequel DW G1 series comic.

Where did you got that idea that was established as the toon prequel?

2. sto_vo_kor_2000

sto_vo_kor_2000 Banned

Sorry but your wrong.

DW's War Within fit into the G1 continuity that DW created with its first Retro G1 comic.But it in no way was ever established as "in continuity" with the toon.

The DW continuity, when it came out, was a "NEW" G1 continuity.

DW's continuity did not follow ,strictly, Marvels or the toons continuity but it contained elements of both.

But thats not what we're going on about.

No not at all.

And even when I go down that road....whats wrong with that?
    And are you suggesting they not be given the correct info and a better understanding of the issue??

Isint that just a way of promoting ignorance???

3. bellpeppers

bellpeppers A Meat Popsicle

News Credits:
    I think it was issue 5 or 6... there were forshadowed events that would happen if Prime didn't take a different course. Those events- as drawn in the panels- were scenes from the G1 cartoon- including Prime and Megatron battling atop Sherman Dam from MTMTE. Also showed was Rodimus fighting Galvatron.

4. sto_vo_kor_2000

sto_vo_kor_2000 Banned

And?

Thats pretty much the same argument many tried to make about the G1 footage at the start of TFA.

Saying because similar events accrued, or may accrue, that TFA must be a continuation to G1.

That argument failed then just as it does now.

Just because DW's history mirrors the G1 toon in some ways by no way proves that they are part of the same continuity.

And there are far more greater differences then their are similarities.

And by the way, from what I remember they showed Target Master Hotrod and other Headmasters.

5. bellpeppers

News Credits:
    Yup, they showed all sorts of G1 events. And yes- Hot Rod became a Targetmaster. You don't remember that?

But we aren't talking about history now- we are discussing the future events of the War Within characters- which were the events of the G1 toon pure and simple.

But this exactly does not equate the G1 footage at the beginning of Animated by a long shot, and the example you illustrated is a rather poor one at that. The footage showed on Animated didn't actualy show the G1 crew as we know them- just generic footage that could have been any character.

No- DW's War Within linked itself to the G1 cartoon specifically- to the point that you knew in some cases which episode they were from- where Animated's footage was used generalized.

6. sto_vo_kor_2000

sto_vo_kor_2000 Banned

Wich does not prove your earilry claim.

All the TF's exist within a multiverse. And in a multiverse , different universe can share similar events and still be different.

Or are you not familar with a multiverse??

Sure I remember it, thats why I brought it up.

My point was that as far as I remember they didnt show Rodimus fight Galvatron.
    Sorry but your flat out wrong.They only showed events that were similar......and by no means were the events for "that" Optimus.
    And the illustration shown in the comic only show "possible" future events.Even if it could be said to be exactly that of G1 it by no means that it was going to come to past.
    Dude your argument has failed on so many levels its sad.

They are all alternate/parallel universes.And with dealing with that there are any number of events that can mirror each other.

But Dreamwave specifically disconnected itself with its on going series.

For examples.

The Dinbobots

G1 cartoon: built on earth in the 1980
    DW exsisted on Cybertron

The Insecticons.
    G1 toon were active in the 80's under Megatrons command
    DW: never became active till the 2000's

The conehead seekers and the Deceptricon triple changers

G1 toon served under Megatron in the 80's on earth
    DW never made it to earth till they arrived with Shockwave in the 2000's

I could point out many more but its obvious you dont have a clue.

DW was a new continuity when it came out.

7. sto_vo_kor_2000

sto_vo_kor_2000 Banned

Here try to follow this chart.
    [​IMG]

or do some research here
    Continuity - Transformers Wiki

I wont say that source is perfect but you should get a better understanding of the issue after reading it.

8. bellpeppers

News Credits:
    Was it already established in an episode?

And, you do realize that I am keeping you spinning your wheels- again- don't you?

9. sto_vo_kor_2000

sto_vo_kor_2000 Banned

If your point was to show how wrong you were then I guess I did help you prove it.
    Actually to some degree it was.But mort importantly it was said in the Ultimate guide to TS's.
    What ever help you trew the nite bud.

10. Superquad7

Superquad7 OCP Police Crime Prevention Unit 001 Super Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    :lol  I'll buy that for a dollar!

I may be in the minority here, but I don't mind Hasbro doing this so much. As with their other products and games, it's theirs to do with as they please. That being said, they do have an audience/fanbase/consumer base to answer to and . . . .

I think a "Crisis" type series could be very fun if done well, but I'm fine with . . . .

I actually like things having some room for air and everything not nailed down so tightly to an extent. I do understand and empathize with some of you who do feel differently than I do on the topic, though.

Personally, with G1 (if we're talking the cartoon here), I'm totally cool with the opening of "More than Meets the Eye" Part 1, and leaving the "beginnings" left to my imagination.

Speaking of the G1 cartoon, there are enough internal cannon glitches that need a fixin' (the Constructicon's origin for example) to an extent. Even then, I'm cool enough with having the beginnings as "myths" so to speak, as told from different Transformers (or human's) point of view.

At any rate, I don't find myself stressing over the fact that Transformers is a multiverse. )

11. Ops_was_a_truck

Ops_was_a_truck JOOOLIE ANDREWWWWWS!!!!!!

Ebay:
    I guess we're going to have to agree to disagree here, since virtually every interaction I've seen you involved in here on the boards revolves around rudely calling people out and fact ardently fact-checking them. I guess it depends which side of the keyboard you're on.

See, this is the part that, based on the questioning we just went through, I'm almost certain you'll never understand - it's the VOLUME of people that come through the boards with misinformation, lack of information, etc. There is a lot of rotation that goes on every year or so - new posters arriving, leaving, forgetting their usernames, 8-year-olds finding out about the site from google searches, etc. It just seems...I guess astounding would be the right word, that fact-checking EACH ONE of these mistaken individuals would be an important priority.

See, I'd buy into this line of reasoning if it wasn't faulty from its outset. You're posing to me that not fact-checking someone about their knowledge about a toyline is promoting ignorance. I will, once again, kindly point out to you that this is, in the end, a children's toyline designed to entertain people ages 8-18 (and up.) It is a profit machine, a series of loosely-interconnected stories designed to generate cash and maybe entertain fans on the side. It was NEVER meant to be focused on with the rapt attention that you are devoting to it from a continuity perspective, nor should it be. It's storytelling and toy selling. Universal continuity of each plot is secondary to merchandise sales.

Long story short: If this was a board that focused on helping aspiring high school students with their understanding of physics, then yes, I would say that clouding a person's answer with something like "it's all relative!" would definitely be promoting ignorance. HOWEVER, this is a board devoted to children's toys and video games. It just happens to have an older fandom. Fact-checking anyone in the target demographic with the level of granularity that you prefer is about as useful as life jackets on a zeppelin. It's never going to help them understand life, the universe, and everything in the long run, therefore, it is nowhere near "promoting ignorance." If you're still having trouble understanding this, I can't think of any other way to explain it.

12. Backscatter

Backscatter Autobot Brainmaster TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:

^ Thread winner! Besides, your own personal TF stories get more interesting with one universe. :lol 

13. sto_vo_kor_2000

sto_vo_kor_2000 Banned

Perhaps you only take note my post when I'm doing such.

I dont see what there is to understand.Regardless of how many new or part time fans there might be.

If false info is being spread I dont see why there would be a problem to you or others if someone like myself wanted to correct the info.

14. E.Rabbot

E.Rabbot Abundant Member

So always, then?

Skipper do we need to have the opinions versus facts talk again?

15. Ops_was_a_truck

Ops_was_a_truck JOOOLIE ANDREWWWWWS!!!!!!

Ebay:
    You seem to be very adept at breaking these questions into "it is a problem/it is not a problem" or "the info is correct/false."

I don't personally have a problem (a quantifiable "NO" vibe, if you get my meaning) with you fact-checking anyone. I'm merely curious.

I'm not asking you yes/no questions. I'm asking you this: Why do you feel that it is important that any fan, regardless of age or regularity, be corrected about a subject that is, ultimately, inconsequential and very trivial? WHY do you believe that this is important? How important is it, in your opinion, that the fans be corrected if they're stating the wrong thing?

Last edited: Jul 30, 2010
  16. Leadfoot

Leadfoot The Strongest.

This is an extremely hilarious argument, but I have to side with Ops. Sometimes it just isn't necessary to meticulously fact-check people's information regarding Transformers.

17. bellpeppers

News Credits:
    Have a nice day.

18. Leadfoot

Leadfoot The Strongest.

Yes it's funny, but you shouldn't instigate him, man. That's just wrong.

And Sto_vo_kor, I have to admit, man, I've been thinking this for a long time. That smiling klingon in your sig looks creepy as hell. Surely there must be a better picture of him?

19. bellpeppers

News Credits:
    Rescinded ;) 

20. sto_vo_kor_2000

sto_vo_kor_2000 Banned

No.

I dont think we have ever had that conversation.

But have you been following this thread???

I'm talking about facts while others are talking opinions.

I dont feel its important at all.
    There are just times I feel like doing it and others I dont.

Its not like I corrected every single post in this thread or other threads.

You really dont know how a multiverse works do you??

Every Optimus exsists.

So one Optimus can seeing the "possible future" of an other.

Not possible.
    JJ's Trek film wasnt exactly a reboot either.

Let him have his fun.

He thinks he's pushing my buttons but he's not.

I just reply to the bad info and ignore the chishish behaivbor.

Thats Kor, the DaHar master.

But I too have been looking for a better pic.