G1 Vintage Reissue Astrotrain Released

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by engledogg, Dec 28, 2019.

1. Rockdown

Rockdown Dream Commander

Ebay:
    Bruh, Hasbro must love collectors like you, as you will bend over no matter the cost.lol.

• Like Like x 3
  2. RKillian

RKillian http://www.rktoyandhobby.com

News Credits:
    Except "what people think is reasonable" is a moving target. If Hasbro put this out at $30, people would be complaining that $20 was robbery. For crying out loud, _free_ would be too much for some folks.

And I think using the price of loose samples on eBay is absurd. Nobody settles for used toys anymore. Just turn their noses up and try to get sealed to rip open at flea market prices. But it better be a mint box they're shredding, else the "oh me, oh my, so 'spensive" haggling starts up and every millimeter scuff on the bottom side nobody ever even sees takes 40% off the price.

Last edited: Dec 30, 2019
    • Like Like x 3
  3. Ambrojh

Ambrojh Well-Known Member

I own all of G1 MIB, I could careless about reissues. I have read how many want X or Y reissued, and Hasbro is reissueing, but if you all are not buying and Hasbro & Walmart do not make a profit, it would end the reissue train. Look on Ebay at all the new KO G1 pieces, and whoever made these have access to the molds, if the reissue line is selling well, it will entice Hasbro to either find more old G1 molds or buy the KO ones if possible. I am all in for saving money and buying at the best price possible, but you reissue collectors should also factor into your costs, future releases.

• Like Like x 1
  4. wideload

wideload Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    I doubt this toy requires a price point of $50 to be profitable. The Astrotrain toy is tiny and probably made in China. It was also reissued recently.

• Like Like x 3
  5. Nevermore

Nevermore It's self-perpetuating a parahumanoidarianised!

News Credits:
    Not China. Vietnam.

6. darwin

darwin Well-Known Member

Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Link or Pm please? Thanks!

7. jappy247

jappy247 Overlord’s chief assistant

Is there a method of which toy gets a reissue? Not complaining I was always a decepticon fan. Just would rather see the later years transformers be reissued just my 2 cents.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Ultra Reverb

Ultra Reverb Well-Known Astro-Creep

News Credits:
    I remember reading somewhere that, generally, retailers build a planned 30% loss into a price. So that, should it go on sale or clearance, they're still being profitable. So, at $35, they'd still be doing OK with Astrotrain.

Following that: If RRP is the bare minimum price for a product to be profitable, then Target has been bleeding themselves dry with every one of these back-to-back-to-back 20+% Off sales (AND yet has been winning my money by beating Walmart's pricing)

9. Wyo

Wyo Well-Known Member

In my short time reading (being a member of) this message board, If there was one word I could permanently remove from being used here, it would be “price”....across all forums.

It seems like there would literally be nothing left for anyone to talk about. Its like almost every thread offering a new toy (3RD party, official, etc, etc) is a complaint about how much something costs....pages and pages of it.

I guess it’s the sign of the times...also, society’s prevalent desire for “high quality” yet “cheap” stuff....

Anyways, just a newbies observation....carry on with the complaining...or even more productive...maybe write Hasbro a stern letter?

Good luck guys...more than likely these will go on clearance eventually, probably abused and beat up...but atleast you’ll have saved your $15....plus tax. :D 

• Like Like x 3
  10. Rockdown

Rockdown Dream Commander

Ebay:

If you are feeling overwhelmed by discussions about prices then please do feel free to permanently remove yourself from these messages boards;) ;) 

11. GizmoTron

GizmoTron Roobaticon Commander

Ebay:
    Basically this, plus people worried about clearance need to remember that Target and Walmart actually aren't that concerned about profits in the toy aisle. These stores make their money from the more essential departments, but the toy aisle is only there to pad out the cart and to get a few extra bucks out of all of you.

• Like Like x 2
  12. mfic99us

mfic99us Stunticon

Ebay:
    Man, I was about to start the hunt, before seeing that price tag. I'd love a fresh out the box G1 Astrotrain, but $50 is way too steep for me.

• Like Like x 1
  13. wideload

wideload Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Lol. These things are made from plastic and a tiny bit of metal in a factory in Asia. You don't need to hit $30 usd on a tiny toy to break even.

• Like Like x 1
  14. stevenmh

stevenmh Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Just picked this up. The purple on the reissue is much darker than original, makes it hard to see the black windows against it.

20191230_211831.jpg 20191230_212052.jpg 20191230_212342.jpg

• Like Like x 13
    • News Credit News Credit x 1
  15. cybergaurdian

cybergaurdian Well-Known Member

I have to side with the people saying that complaining about the price is pointless. Reissues of cars or triple changers or jets are not going to be 35 bucks anymore....simply because they are so limited and may have needed mold restoration (Prime looks like a newly cast mold). Sure Hot Rod was.....and then he hit clearance due to an initial screw up with packaging that turned off collectors and then also because he was not as high an interest figure. All the Devastators, Starscreams, Primes, Cassettes, Soundwaves, and minibots in the Sarasota/Bradenton area blew out the doors at the prices of 75 and 50 bucks (cassettes obvious exception at 20 and minibots at 8). None left to be found. Raleigh and Clayton area same thing except a last case of cassettes popped up at one Walmart. I would rather spend 50 bucks on a CORRECT packaging, solid mold reissue than 30 for a sloppy mess.

• Like Like x 4
  16. johnchow604

johnchow604 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
  17. Wyo

Wyo Well-Known Member

Nah, I’m good.

Just waiting for the day when I read a collector actually say what a value they are getting on these super niche, low production official collectibles....instead of complaining that they aren’t practically free.

It’s gonna be a long wait, no doubt. :) 

• Like Like x 3
  18. Dcoleman44

Dcoleman44 Well-Known Member

People on the boards complained about pricing with both Voltrons, MP-44 the same with the last batch of reissues, people wasn't happy with StarScream and HotRod being $30. I'm saying they are right or wrong but people like me will pay the $50 because I don't want to take the chance and not get it hope it's online at clearance and others will wait for the clearance. All I gotta say is both is the right answer, buy or wait!

• Like Like x 1
  19. icewolf74

icewolf74 Well-Known Member

$50 bucks for an exact Hasbro replica of a G1 figure, that would otherwise sell for around $1000+ dollars in its original and sealed packaging, sounds great to me. I will buy one as soon as I find it in my local Walmarts.

• Like Like x 4
  20. Ultra Reverb

Ultra Reverb Well-Known Astro-Creep

News Credits:
    Can these be counted as "low production?" When there are 4,769 Walmarts in the US, and let's just say they each only get one case, and no restocks, even though I've seen every reissue restocked at least once during it's shelf run. I don't know how many come to a case, but let's say 6. Plus Walmart's online stock. Plus Canada. Plus non-Walmart retailers outside the US. (There's probably a few more "pluses" in there I'm forgetting.)

• Like Like x 1