Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by Cheem The Rup, Jan 21, 2018.
How does the new head work for transformation to alt mode?!?
No one knows??
It kind of works, but all the panels won’t close
Where can I buy the translucent set?
I’ve been looking at this a lot now and I’m looking to upscale all my combiners and generation toy devy plus this is on my list. I’ve found this set for cheap anyone know where to get devy?
Can anyone tell me how to get the damned devestator head off of this thing?! I am doing upgrade kit. I got the two screws out of the back of the head
So how did you get the base of the drills to go on the NBK hands? It looks like the tabs on the side of the hands completely block any solid connection.
And any tips for getting the leg extensions fully on? The plastic part it slides into on the NBK is pretty rubbery. I pushed it on as far as I could by hand but only got it half way. I then removed the part from the NBK bot and used a table vice to push the extension flush but it still needs to go back another 1/8 inch.
WJ needs to remould this to really fit the NBK.
Sorry, I've long sold the drills, I don't remember anymore. The thigh extensions, I also wasn't able to fully slide in. It was very tight.
I put the upgrade set on the NBK and really like the look. Some pros and cons for putting this on the KO set...
- The increased height and new head are really worth the price ($35-40ish on ebay currently). It looks so much better with them.
- Every part works with the NBK set (though some modification and tools are needed).
- I was able to use the new head without too much work. It is just pushed down on the NBK neck bar with friction but holds decently.
- To get the leg extenders on I needed to take apart both leg bots (not hard to do, 6 screws or so total) and get a vice (c-clamp would probably work too) to push them on. The NBK slide part is pretty rubbery.
- The chest sheild will tab on but it sets lower showing the leg gap on Crane. The sheild also has to be taken off to click the light switch.
- The lighting in the head is pretty weak and subtle and hard to tell it’s on in a lit room. Not sure it was worth the time and effort to try to wrestle the batteries in there. Though the NBK head uses the same type and number of batteries so I wasn’t out anything to try them out.
- The drills won’t fit on the NBK hands as is. This is due to the large purple tab slots NBK uses to clip the purple palms onto the gray hand backs. My work around was to untab the hands on an extra set I had from buying a clear NBK arm bot. The drill will fit pretty snuggly on just the hand back by friction.
Just saw your post today. I got my GT Add on Kit this week, and I'm also using it on my NBK Devy.
My experience so far:
Success = I was able to sand the lower portion of the "thigh extenders" so it goes into scrapper and mixmaster ports completely.
Failure = What I think is the main problem is the top side of the add on thigh extender which connects to Long Haul can slide about an ~ 1/2 inch forward or back freely which creates weak combined legs.
This maybe why I'm also having the combined scrapper leg / ankle wanting to slide backwards since it doesn't want to support the weight. It takes a long time to get NBK Devy with add on kit to stand.
Can someone please help me solve these two problems?
I noticed the looseness at the top of the thigh addon and thought it might be an issue but it holds in place for me. The trick was I just had to find the place where it wanted to hold. For instance I think the thigh on left is slid forward and the right slid back. But they don’t seem to move on me and standing hasn’t been an issue.
You might try stuffing something in the top of the thighs to hold pressure on the part like a cut down strip of eraser. The ankles maybe some some adhesive bumper pads (50 Self Adhesive Rubber Bumper Feet Stop Non Slip Furniture Pads Polyurethane AM | eBay).
Those addon thigh extenders move a lot on me on that upper joint since the space is big and the peg is like half the size in length relative to the other. I would really like to know if this is also true on the official GT GB with this add on kit.
The stability issue is making me consider buying the official but I really rather not since my plan is to have all three color devys and I can't afford to spend that much on 2 GT GB and two GT GB Add on kits.
As you can see in the photo I started to repaint my NBK to orange but I had run out of orange paint in the middle of it and then the add on kit arrived the same day as the resupply of orange paint. So its a Work in Progress but I really want to solve this stability issue since I want it to have the option of matching the CW Devy height.
I am using the long haul's weapon in combined mode, the waist plate, and crane's tab connection with long haul. However, wondering if something else with this new add on kit was over looked?
I ask since last night between the legs and the chestplate I must of spent more than 5 minutes trying to get it to stand and it felt more like 10 minutes and that's without the hand drills.
Anyone selling their stock Devastator's head after their upgrade? Let me know. PM
Wish they'd offer this kit in yellow for Duron Drill owners.
Is it hard to replace the head of Gravity Builder to the new G1 head? Any tips?
It's easy peasy. Just use a screwdriver to loosen the ball-joint and then re-tighten it.
Thanks. Another question. To remove the new head , do I pull it out or how do I remove it without breaking the peg?
Both the old and new heads have screws in the back, allowing for smooth adding/removal from the ball joint.
I hope that answers your question
Separate names with a comma.