G1 toy prices

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Prime of Shadows, Jul 9, 2019.

1. Prime of Shadows

Prime of Shadows Quick as Lightning

News Credits:
    YouTube (Old):
    So basically my question is: which G1 figures or teams/subgroups are the cheapest to find in good complete condition (besides micromasters)? And I’m not including things like working sparklers in the condition either.

I’m looking to eventually build a complete north american G1 vintage collection (no reissues or KOs) and I have a good start already, I’d just like to start getting the least expensive ones out of the way before I dip into, say, a working Omega Supreme and the like. Maybe you could give a top 5 or 10? Thanks.

Edit: I should also mention I’m not looking to collect minibot variants, just the show versions will do. Not into production variants either except maybe pre-rub over rub.

Last edited: Jul 9, 2019
  2. WishfulThinking

WishfulThinking "Don't touch it! It's Zvil!"

News Credits:
    Cheap G1 vintage?

Jumpstarters are super cheap.
    most Throttlebots
    Minispies
    Most Minicars

All of these can be had for less than $10 complete.

• Like Like x 2
  3. Optimum Supreme

Optimum Supreme Go boom!

Fair enough, but you should at least consider the red Bumblebee and yellow Cliffjumper versions, as those were at least as common as the standard colors at one point (even more common at the very start, at least in my experience back in the day). i kinda wish the Walmart line would reissue those two, as I sacrificed my red Bumblebee to restore my yellow one back in the mid 80's (and they never had one with "toon" face back then), and I've never had a yellow Cliffjumper but would definitely like to get a chance at a new one as I just think they look "neat". But I digress...

I assume you're also not looking for variants like the cassettes with gold vs silver weapons? Or was it just Frenzy (the blue guy) available with both since they kept him around so long due to changing his packmate from Laserbeak to Ratbat?

Good luck on your quest, in any event.

• Like Like x 2
  4. Prime of Shadows

Prime of Shadows Quick as Lightning

News Credits:
    YouTube (Old):
    Yeah red bee and yellow cj are maybe the only variants I’d go in for since they were so ubiquitous next to the show colors. And yeah I don’t really care about the cassette weapon colors, both gold and silver look good imo. Except the cassettes whose weapons were seen in the show like Steeljaw, I’d only get gold for him.