G1 Targetmasters easily broken guns

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by QuegLee, Aug 27, 2021.

1. QuegLee

QuegLee Well-Known Member

Hello, Could someone tell me which Targetmaster transformers are the ones that have their guns easily break. I believe it was in the decepticon side correct. Also what is the difference between targetmaster scourge and regular scourge.

Thank You

QL

2. Grimlock_13

Grimlock_13 Currently facepalming at your post

News Credits:
    If I remember right, you’re correct that the Decepticon Targetmasters are the ones that are prone to breaking…I know I’ve seen stress marks on my Aimless. It’s the leg clips that are all engineered the same way. I can’t recall any of the Autobot one being engineered that way.

3. Embee Prime

Embee Prime Well-Known Member

Yes, it the Decepticon '87 Targetmasters whose guns easily break - Cylconus, Scourge, Misfire, Slugslinger and Triggerhappy.

The difference between regular Scourge ('86) and Targetmaster Scourge ('87) is the post size in his fists. The first release has a much smaller hole as the handle on his gun is quite narrow. TM Scourge has the 5mm post size in order to carry his Targetmaster Fracas. Basically you can't interchange the weapons between the two.
    Cylconus, Kup and Blurr also had their fists modified and vehicle mode mounts added for their Targetmasters. IIRC Hot Rod already had 5mm posts so was unchanged.