G1 Sunstreaker - Figure & Sticker History

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Maz, Apr 10, 2020.

1. Maz

Maz Square One TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube:
    Tumblr:
    The Hasbro G1 Transformers Autobot Warrior Sunstreaker is, in my opinion, one of the most beautiful toys ever created and released. I lusted after a Sunstreaker as a child and was only fortunate enough to get one during the Classic Heroes era circa 1991 in Cyprus, of all places. He did not disappoint, and much of my adult Transformers and Diaclone collecting has centered around this toy. My current collecting focus is finding vintage G1 in perfect condition, which sometimes means applying vintage stickers. Almost every time I undertake a stickering project, I discover something new about a G1 Transformers toy, and Sunstreaker has been no different.

Square One: Hasbro G1 Sunstreaker - Figure & Sticker History <- CLICK TO READ

Sunstreaker03.jpg Sunstreaker07.jpg Sunstreaker16.jpg SunstreakerSealed01-2.jpg

All the best
    Maz

• Like Like x 9
  2. betsuni

betsuni I'm just here for the robots

Thank you for continuing to do the research on old G1 stickers. Now I know where to go if they ever rerelease a Sunstreaker.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Maz

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube:
    Tumblr:
    It is absolutely a pleasure!

All the best
    Maz

• Like Like x 1
  4. Nevermore

Nevermore It's self-perpetuating a parahumanoidarianised!

News Credits:
    One minor correction: The Euro Classics were released in 1990 and 1991 (with Sunstreaker being a 1990 release), not 1989. :) 

5. Maz

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube:
    Tumblr:
    What's the source for that? The reason I ask is not to say you are wrong but I'd love to know for sure as I am always referencing them. My understanding was that the first wave of figures like Sunstreaker, Wheeljack, Ironhide etc were 1989.

EDIT: Ignore, there's enough people telling me it's 1990 that I just have to sit here and figure out how I have been getting this wrong for almost a decade :lol 

All the best
    Maz

Last edited: Apr 10, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Nevermore

Nevermore It's self-perpetuating a parahumanoidarianised!

News Credits:
    By 1989, Hasbro's European output was mostly the same as it was in the US. In 1990, Hasbro's US line was winding down, with the second year of Micromasters and the first batch of Action Masters being the last new releases. In Europe, Hasbro added the first batch of "Classics". Then in 1991, the line continued in Europe with more "exclusive" Action Masters (a fourth assortment with six more single figures, the four transforming "Action Master Elite" figures and some redecos of 1990 figures with new exo-suit vehicles) and the second year of Classics.

I guess the reason you were thinking they were released in 1989 was because of the copyright note on the back of the packaging. However, I just checked, and Omega Spreem, Double Punch and the other "Euro exclusive" Action Masters also have a "1990" copyright on the back of their packaging, which most certainly isn't right, so I guess they were either released at the tail end of the year (in time for Christmas?) similar to 1984 Skids, the 1984 Dinobots and the 1988 Micromaster Patrols in "Micro Transformers" packaging, or maybe the copyright notes the year they were produced?

Last edited: Apr 10, 2020
    • Like Like x 1