G1 Soundwave’s reissue revealed

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Bass X0, Jan 2, 2019.

1. BenjaminXavier

BenjaminXavier Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Mostly from people talking to Hasbro employees at Botcons in the past. I know the dinobots, Wheeljack, and a few others (being lost) came out of one conversation in an early BotCon (06? 08?).

On the plus side though, the dinobot molds aren't actually "lost" they're just in the hands of a KO maker, so if you buy KO dinobots they're pretty nice. Sunstreaker and Mirage appear to be pretty close, and I'm tempted on the Hound/wheeljack that someone else just noted above...

2. RKillian

RKillian http://www.rktoyandhobby.com

News Credits:
    • Mirage is great. Couldn't ask for better.
    • Sunstreaker is terrible. Stickers fall off right out of the box, tires split right out of the box, and the accessories break very easily.
    • Wheeljack is somewhere in between. It chips easily and the hubcaps are a little rough looking. Mine also had an issue where the "gears" on one of the shins didn't actually connect so it flops all over the place. I haven't replaced it because I bought a few for gifts and every single one of them came loose from the bubble in transit and show the same chipping pattern.
    • Swoop, I don't know if they've fixed it in later runs, but the wing holes are either too big or too small (forget which) to hold the launchers. Other than that it's alright.
    I keep hoping Takara will do an Encore Hound. I have the TFC release and it's great but nothing beats the classic boxes.

Last edited: May 4, 2019
  3. GizmoTron

GizmoTron Roobaticon Commander

Ebay:
    It is possible and likely that there are many G1 molds that Hasbro could reissue and just choose not to because of demand, but I'm sure if say 15 years ago during the height of the reissue craze Hasbro or Takara had the mold for Wheeljack, then they would have certainly released a reissued Wheeljack.

4. extracomputer

extracomputer Well-Known Member

Swoop is fine but the missiles are a different color than original. Pretty good otherwise with missiles fitting great.

5. extracomputer

Also mirage has issues with some metal rusting. In fact you can find some good examples of the rusting from still new in box items on eBay right now. Mostly just the bearings and centers on wheels.

6. Lazerwave

Lazerwave My Most Prized Treasure

News Credits:
    still no news yet?

7. WishfulThinking

WishfulThinking "Don't touch it! It's evil!"

News Credits:
    Beyond what was already mentioned via Hasbro employees at Botcons, we can surmise switching factories over the course of the past several decades have caused issues. Molds are huge, heavy, metal tools that don't always make sense economically to transport from one factory to another. We do know that Hasbro International used many of the reissue molds from the Euro G1 Classics reissue line and appears to have used the same factory. When that line ended, it appears many of those particular molds were lost, including the Dinobots and the Aerialbots. Most likely, we can surmise Hasbro switched factories but this one kept many of the those molds and continued to release product, now without Hasbro's quality assurance or approval.

The Transformers (Chinese toyline) - Transformers Wiki

We also can speculate that Wally World Optimus himself is an all-new mold, specifically produced for the Vietnam factory. That means Hasbro is willing to reproduce complete new molds and tooling when they think it will be profitable. I wouldn't completely take Grimlock off the table, as a result, but I'd also anticipate that Hasbro will take the easiest route to profit by releasing molds in which they have easy access...primarily, everything from Encore and Platinum.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Red Tracks

Red Tracks Active Member

It's been 4 months since this was revealed, and there still hasn't been any sightings. Anybody starting to think that this reissue line has been cancelled, but they just didn't bother to tell us? I had really been wanting a new Soundwave, and I was holding out for G1, but got nervous, and bought the Siege version, today. So, you can thank me if they do start showing up in stores, within the next week.

9. rapid_fire

rapid_fire TFW2005 Supporter

has this been canceled? I know the G1's havn't been selling well, but was hoping to get this guy at least.

10. WishfulThinking

WishfulThinking "Don't touch it! It's evil!"

News Credits:
    No.

This isn't a line that receives monthly refresher cases. Optimus hit in Q1. Gears and Warpath showed up in Q2. Soundwave is most likely due for Q3. Walmart does not have a place for Soundwave in their current set. Resets usually happen around June.

Patience, guys.

• Like Like x 1
  11. extracomputer

Not selling well? Took me forever to get one. Flew off shelves as soon as they showed up. That being said prime is way overpriced and rodimus isn’t that popular compared to others. Probably case for all season 3 items honestly. Not saying it’s not worth putting them out but S1 and S2 will be bigger sellers. Once they price prime right he will fly off as well.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Led4thehed2

Led4thehed2 Member

Ebay:
    I could have sworn the first sightings for Gears and Warpath were in January, the same month as Optimus...am I remembering incorrectly?

Either way, I too am puzzled by what seems like an incredibly long delay between announcement and release. I'm pretty bummed that out of the first 10 reissues only 2 were Decepticons. Megatron, please?

13. mcart

mcart I'm not fat, it's Prime Armor

News Credits:
    Megatron is never going to happen.

G2 Tank maybe but G1, no way in the USA

• Like Like x 1
  14. Led4thehed2

Led4thehed2 Member

Ebay:
    Why do you say that? I don't know anything about this stuff, so forgive me if this a newb question.

15. transmasterc

transmasterc Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Again the only way I see Hasbro getting around the whole gun issue is reissuing Galvatron. I would much rather have him then the G2 tank version but that’s just me.

• Like Like x 2
  16. transmasterc

transmasterc Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Well back in the G1 days Megs was based off a real gun called. Walther PPK. When I was a kid toy guns were pretty realistic. I had a toy Thompson sub machine gun. I am pretty sure that won’t fly today.

• Like Like x 2
  17. Wh33ls

Wh33ls Original G1 kid, and loves Beasties as much, eh!

No way!:mad: o_O  Hot Rod is Kup's sidekick, with the dinobots as comic relief.;) :p 

18. Led4thehed2

Led4thehed2 Member

Ebay:
    I see- not a logistics issue, more a change in public opinion. I suppose that's understandable. Technically a Walther P38, but your point is appreciated and understood.

19. mcart

mcart I'm not fat, it's Prime Armor

News Credits:
    Yes, exactly what I meant, toy guns are just a no go in the Western world pretty much now so G1 Megatron would not be a smart move for Hasbro. Even worse for Australia where even OWNING a G1 Megatron is illegal in many states without a fire arms permit!

20. Wh33ls

Wh33ls Original G1 kid, and loves Beasties as much, eh!

Damn, that's wacked! So much for solid nonfunctional prop replicas. That's why I go the sci-fi weapons route. Looks 20% cooler, even way past cool.:cool: 

• Like Like x 1