G1 Slugfest Cassette - Translucent KO

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by lazerface, Jun 28, 2016.

1. lazerface

lazerface Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Has anyone bought the translucent / transparent G1 Slugfest cassette KO yet?

I've seen a few floating around for sale online, but before I buy one, I'm curious about how good the quality is.

Wondering if anyone has any of their own pictures, feedback, or reviews.

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  2. mellowmut

mellowmut Sidekick

News Credits:
    They're good quality. On par with legit release.

• Like Like x 1
  3. lazerface

News Credits:
    Thanks! I went ahead and ordered one. If I have time, I'll post some pictures too.

4. Grimlock4523

Grimlock4523 Me Grimlock, KING!!!

Can somebody confirm if the back plates have the same spring loaded action as the G1.

5. lazerface

News Credits:
    I got two of these in the mail recently. They are pretty cool.

The plastic feels solid, basically like an original, but there are a few bits of flashing or visible marks where they took it out of the mold. Nothing really worth complaining about there.

The neck piece seems like it is just a few millimeters too short, so the head does not sit flush against the body in dinosaur mode. It kind of wobbles up and down. You can see this in some of the pictures.

The screws and metal rivets are noticeably lower quality than an original, but not too bad. It does have one or two less screws holding it together than an original. I suspect an original also uses some glue, where this KO does not.

It is missing a spring needed to make the back spikes pop out during transformation. It was easy enough to take out the two screws and open it up, but I haven't been able to find a suitable spring to install. I tried taking a spring out of a standard click pen, but it had too much force and kind of pushed the spikes up and sideways at the same time, making the whole body crack open a little bit at the top. I think part of the problem is it needs a smaller/weaker spring, but also the body really needs 4 points holding it together instead of just the two screws.

If anyone finds a spring that works, please let me know! I'll keep looking for one over the next few months when I have time. I really don't want to break open an original one just to get a spring.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

Last edited: Dec 20, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
  6. gothsaurus

gothsaurus Evil Overlord of Doom

Ebay: