G1 Reissue possibilities (2018-beyond)

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by WishfulThinking, May 22, 2018.

1. thundercrackalacking

thundercrackalacking Well-Known Member

$75 is a great price for Devastator. The same for Raiden would be excellent.

You're right about current prices, I'm hunting for one now, even a KO is considered despite similarly high prices.

I heard somewhere that train toys from Japan don't do too well in the US, Power Rangers being a later example.

2. Blackout32

Blackout32 ANTHRAX - PERSISTENCE OF TIME

Cybertron The Matrix of leadership knowledge,power
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    I have my G1 Blaster reissue pre-order from Wal-Mart. I'm starting to think the $30 they want the figure might feel cheap and not worth it. I guess time will tell but I'd rather have some reissue of say Scorponok and maybe Omega Supreme then maybe Metroplex i mean I'd like to see official release not Takara release like before on these. When you look at it Trippy was reissued and titan figure both came out that same year.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Takeshi357

Takeshi357 "Research"

News Credits:
    I think it's a bit more nuanced than that. Many of the later reissues are pretty poor, not just the plastic quality but the mold degradation has kicked in too, but those really early Takara reissues from around 2001, 2002, are actually really quite solid pieces. There is actually a bit of a difference between my 2001 Grapple vs the bookbox Inferno even, and it's even more noticeable on reissues after that, the plastic is slightly translucent compared to the original. It's not that major though and certainly not a deal-breaker to me. The mold degradation that affects the functionality of the toys is a much bigger issue. Hasbro's Piranacon can't even stand straight in his standard configuration.

4. Dakota

Dakota Well-Known Member

So, yesterday I went to Walmart and saw that they finally have the price tag for G1 Blaster and well the funny thing is that instead of saying G1 Blaster it says G1 Soundblaster and well I check with other people who are in a Facebook group that I am in and they have same thing.I guess sure messed up the name.Funny thing is I thought we are getting a G1 reissue of Soundblaster but wait we are not sadly but it would be cool though.Also I am pretty disappointed we are not getting Blaster Cassettes with him.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Blunderzag

Blunderzag Transform and Transcend

powered convoy hands down
    once I have a blue prime it will be one of my crown jewels not just as a transformer but as a possession in general, hopefully this will happen once day

• Like Like x 2
  6. Dakota

Dakota Well-Known Member

Love to see something like that but I think that more a Takara thing then Hasbro and well Takara hasn't reissue any G1 in a while.I am still hoping that we get more G1 reissues soon since Blaster is the only one this year.

Last edited: Aug 3, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
  7. RKillian

RKillian http://www.rktoyandhobby.com

News Credits:
    I still regret choosing black Megatron over him 20 years ago.

• Like Like x 2
  8. Blunderzag

guess you really shot yourself in the foot there didn't ya?

9. Blunderzag

I definitely agree with it being a Takara thing, honestly as long as manga convoy repaints are a thing and maybe he becomes a new regular character in the lore or something id be cool with it, here's to hoping a reissue happens though, I believe they did it 20 years ago as a previous reply mentioned, I've seen a review for it once, it was by Takara but was a very limited release, only 1,500.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Skreeonk

Skreeonk Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'm happy to have gotten Astrotrain & Blaster this year, but it's going to be a bit disappointing if we don't get any tapes or minibots. Blaster needs his boys, & I need Pipes, Cosmos, & Powerglide. Hopefully something like this is planned for the holidays.

• Like Like x 2
  11. WishfulThinking

WishfulThinking The world has moved on...we've always said.

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Astrotrain was technically a 2020 release.

12. Dakota

Dakota Well-Known Member

I agree with you on this.We need more G1 reissues and people are probably hungry for it.Astrotrain is pretty good and for Blaster,I can say I am hyped for him.Even though I said this countles times before that I am disappointed about not having Blaster cassettes to go with him since they already have the molds for Eject,Steeljaw,Ramhorn and Rewind as a redeco so why can they put them out with Blaster.I know some of the reissues are selling well.

13. Dakota

Dakota Well-Known Member

He a 2019 released since he came out in December of last year but I still consider him a 2019 released any ways.Even TFwiki has him as a 2019 released and yes I get it he supposed to be a 2020 release but he got released early before what his expected release date so ya he is technically a 2019 released.

Last edited: Aug 4, 2020
  14. R3M1NGT0N

R3M1NGT0N Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I know this might be unreasonable, but I wish Hasbro would do what they did with the Black Series a few months back, and just say “Listen, here are the molds we have, vote on which 2-4 you would like released next year.” I know it’s unlikely, but I feel like it’d give us clarity on who we can get in the future.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Dakota

Dakota Well-Known Member

I love to see them listen to the fans you want characters who haven't been reissued.

• Like Like x 2
  16. R3M1NGT0N

R3M1NGT0N Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yeah and I’m not saying give us Mirage and the Dinobots, cause I know those molds are “lost” as they put it, but I’m sure they have the car bots and some other decepticons lying around. I’ve been wanting a Galvatron reissue for a while And I’m sure it’s still around considering Takara released him a while back.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Dakota

Dakota Well-Known Member

Maybe something in the line of not lost or stolen but never been reissue for a example Punch/Counterpunch,Darkwing & Dreadwind or who ever else they have in storage.But even in storage those molds are probably degraded and can't be fix.

Last edited: Aug 4, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
  18. RodimusSupreme

RodimusSupreme Banned

Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Not sure where to put this, but I am in Wal-Mart and happened to notice this price tag that I’ve never seen before. Does this suggest what I think it suggests?

Attached Files:

19. WishfulThinking

WishfulThinking The world has moved on...we've always said.

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    It's Blaster. They mislabeled him in stores.

20. RodimusSupreme

RodimusSupreme Banned

Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Aw dang it. Thought I found something. Thanks.