G1 Reissue possibilities (2018-beyond)

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by WishfulThinking, May 22, 2018.

1. Easterling Capt

Easterling Capt I am Vern Schillinger

Ebay:
    Oh dont get me wrong Dakota..I was a reissue nutter back in the days. Best times ever were the TFc and the ehobby that followed, did sell of all during 2012. The Walmart is a great line as it comes in its original packing and such and I have a thing for combiners..so might bite at Devastator.

Its dire times now so we shall see what happens.

• Like Like x 1
  2. WishfulThinking

WishfulThinking The world has moved on...we've always said.

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    The biggest appeal to me is the retro packaging. Which is why I just don't see Japanese exclusive reissues showing up at Walmart like Star Saber...that doesn't exist in any sort of retro packaging for Western audiences, nevermind it being a character no one but hardcore fans recognize.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Dakota

Dakota Well-Known Member

To be honest,I agree on everything you said and you got a point.For me I started collecting back in 2010 and well didn't had the money for G1 vintage nor even the reissues and well it was difficult for me until around 2013 or so when I got my G1 Optimus Prime being a KO but I accept it on what I got since it's my first G1.So basically my G1 collection is a mix bag with some vintage and a lot reissues and two HQ KO's.So I am still new even though it's been 10 years of experience of collecting.Maybe we know to expect and what not expect from Hasbro and Takara.

4. Dakota

Dakota Well-Known Member

That I absolutely agree.Star Saber and Deathsaurs as well many other Japanese G1 characters will not sell very well here unless they go through Pulse but giving that Takara doesn't have most of the molds it's unlike for them to be reissued but then again we got Dino Cassettes but it's unknown.Maybe if Hasbro see a big demand they could possibly remake the molds or something to sell on Pulse.

5. WishfulThinking

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Whatever they do, it generally will need to be done at a high volume. Optimus Prime got a Vietnam factory remake because he is Optimus Prime and Hasbro, I'm sure, will push that figure out again. The first dinosaur cassettes saw two releases. The second set is more limited but I bet we see them at least one more time once Blaster is released.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Dakota

Dakota Well-Known Member

Absolutely,we could see a possible reissue of more Japanese.But giving and hopefully they reissue Dial and Zaur one more time for Blaster since that set is the only set I need to complete the rare Japanese G1 Dino Cassettes.I wonder we could see another fan poll this year since news been quiet around this line.

• Like Like x 1
  7. RKillian

RKillian http://www.rktoyandhobby.com

News Credits:
    They could just fake the retro packaging. Have an intern slap the Japanese character art on top of a grid background. They could even use the same one that put two different misspellings of Luke Skywalker on the same box to save a few pennies. It's not like the average Walmart shopper would know the difference.

• Like Like x 2
  8. Dakota

Dakota Well-Known Member

The question do they even still have all the mold.I know Liokaiser,Overlord and Road Cesear molds are lost.

9. RKillian

RKillian http://www.rktoyandhobby.com

News Credits:
    They'll just have to work extra shifts at McDonalds for a few years like John Takara did back in the 1960s to afford the original Sunstreaker mold.

• Like Like x 3
  10. Dakota

Dakota Well-Known Member

I got a question I would like to ask.
    Since Hasbro been doing Fan First Friday's for their brands could we see something for the Walmart reissues when they do their Transformers Fan First?

11. WishfulThinking

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    I'm going to say no, since those are Walmart exclusives. Generally, the Fan First stuff is reserved for Pulse and general release stuff, right?

I think we're going to have to wait for traditional channels on Walmart news.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Dakota

Dakota Well-Known Member

Very interesting since I saw the Power Rangers one and well they have both a action figure two pack and a roleplay item exclusive to Walmart.

13. WishfulThinking

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Well, then, I could be wrong about that. Guess we should keep our collective eyes peeled whenever there's a TF First Friday.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Dakota

Dakota Well-Known Member

It could be a hit or miss,hopefully it not a miss since the Power Ranger Fan First was only Pulse and Walmart no regular retail.I don't know what will happen but I agree we need to keep a eye for the Transformers Fan First Friday.

15. combinerlover

combinerlover MONSTRUCTOR's BFF ;)

Ebay:
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    I honestly am praying extremily F-ing hard that this line goes further than Blaster ... I'd squeel like a little school girl if they keep it up.. I'd do back flips if they give us another Combiner gift set , aside Predàking of course , don't get me wrong , I'd bite on him too, but we really need Superion, Defensor, Bruticus, Abominus, Computron... And we really NEED Raiden , Lio Kaiser , Road Ceasar! I'd actually cry if we got Safty Megatron! And or Galvatron..any of the Season 3 deluxes ECT.. I'm aware that's wishing...but Hasbros shown me to expect the unexpected.. ,

• Like Like x 1
  16. Dakota

Dakota Well-Known Member

Absolutely agree,this line better continue because I have a lot of holes in my G1 collection.

• Like Like x 1
  17. combinerlover

combinerlover MONSTRUCTOR's BFF ;)

Ebay:
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Yes! I concur , only because I'm stupid and let go of things back in the day , a means of making space for current añd future lines.. thank God for Walmart.. can't believe I'm saying that.,But still..lol.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Dakota

Dakota Well-Known Member

Matter a fact it's weird but I like Walmart.It probably because I only have a Walmart,Gamestop and Walgreens where I live but no Target since the closest Target is 1hr or so away and even same when Toy R Us was still around the closest Toy R Us was also 1hr or so away.

19. Nyarlahotep

Nyarlahotep Radicon Scourge

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I'm hoping we get Dial and Zaur still.

All I can find about them is a bit from Tformers:

"Kapow does mention in their post about this set that a "Wave 2" will follow with Dial, Zaur (Dairu and Zauru in Hasbro-naming) along with a Rumble (the red one) which will probably also feature a tweaked deco referencing the cartoon appearance of Frenzy."

• Like Like x 2
  20. Dakota

Dakota Well-Known Member

Hopefully we get them since they are missing in my collection.I did got Graphy and Noise when they came out but still waiting on Dile and Zaur.