G1 Reissue possibilities (2018-beyond)

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by WishfulThinking, May 22, 2018.

1. Ambrojh

Ambrojh Well-Known Member

Two questions with reissues:

1- if ebay/Chinese sellers have a lot of g1 ko reissues, Scorponok, Shockwave, Dinobots, combiners, etc, how do they have the capability to reproduce pieces and Hasbro the owners do not?

2- why is Walmart the only Avenue to sell reissues, use hasbropulse, this way megatron and crew can be sold to the collector market, avoiding the kids?

• Like Like x 2
  2. WishfulThinking

WishfulThinking "Don't touch it! It's Zvil!"

News Credits:
    Because they're producing them out of the factory where the molds are still retained. Hasbro doesn't store the molds in Pawtucket. Nor do they ship them from Chinese factory to Chinese factory as they are huge and heavy things that would prove cost prohibitive. So they're just left behind. The factory looks at the giant molds being stored there and decides to use them since the alternative is finding a way to dispose of them.

Regardless of whether they are pitched to adults or kids, they are still "toy guns" and subject to all state laws therein. It doesn't matter if it comes from Walmart or Pulse, you still have to slather the barrel in safety orange. And I doubt Hasbro thinks it can sell Safety Megatron. And even if it could, the idea of a headline saying "child shot after pointing father's Megatron toy at police" probably holds them back as well.

• Like Like x 2
  3. Dakota

Dakota Well-Known Member

With all these molds lost,broken and can't remake as well some under laws.I have a feeling this line will probably end very quickly.Unless Hasbro and Takara remake new molds from the old ones to order to continue this line since there not many available molds.

4. WishfulThinking

News Credits:
    If they are only doing a few per year, they can go for awhile. There are still Seekers and Datsun Bros.

• Like Like x 2
  5. Easterling Capt

Easterling Capt I am Vern Schillinger

Ebay:
    On top of my head..

Optimus
    All 6 seekers
    15 out of the 18 autobot cars
    Kup
    Hotrod
    Um
    Megatron( no us relese)
    Insectacons
    Minibots
    Astrotrain
    Blitzwing
    Perceptor
    Blaster
    Most tapes

So at this rate there is a ton of stuff left to do if they want.

• Like Like x 3
  6. Dakota

Dakota Well-Known Member

Sure we have 155 characters who available to be reissue but I like to see more then just those 155.We need a shake up like when Trypticon,Dino Cassettes,Metroplex,Fortress Maximus,Omega Supreme,Sky Lynx and Japanese Micromaster Combiners were since all never been reissued before.Yes I did count how many who had reissues in the past 20 years not counting new characters from those molds.

7. WishfulThinking

News Credits:
    For what it's worth, most of the reissues so far have had unique aspects about them. Devy hadn't been seen in America since G2. Starscream used the TFC mold with the modified fists to hold a Megatron gun. Bumblebee was available here for the first time with his anime head. Optimus finally came with long stacks. Astrotrain was reissued in mostly original colors. Soundwave finally came with Buzzsaw properly for the first time in years.

• Like Like x 3
  8. Dakota

Dakota Well-Known Member

That is true we see some here in the states for the first time.Like you Devastator or Anime Bumblebee.I just counted all the characters who been reissued regards if it's japanese or american.

9. Dakota

Dakota Well-Known Member

Yes,it is true we have plenty for a while until they run out of options that when they should look what other molds they still got that never been reissued before.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Optibotimus

Optibotimus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    YouTube:
    The problem though is that these reissues are pretty much ONLY for collectors. Kids don't walk down the toy aisle of Walmart and say "oh look Soundwave as a cassette player". They have no clue what that is. Yes they're a billion dollar company, but companies don't get like that wasting money on something that probably won't sell very well to a larger base.

Also...thanks for watching ;) 

• Like Like x 1
  11. Dakota

Dakota Well-Known Member

Yep,that is so true Optibotimus and well I feel they should just sell these on BBTS,Pulse and TFSource as well many other collector websites.That's where they can make more money instead of selling them at Walmart.Your welcome and I did really enjoy your review G1 Astrotrain.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Dakota

Dakota Well-Known Member

My actual top 10 wants and hopefully get to besides the dream one is.
    1.Seacons
    2.Combaticons
    3.Hound
    4.Brawn
    5.Tracks
    6.Blitzwing
    7.Omega Supreme
    8.Sky Lynx
    9.Predacons
    10.Coneheads
    I know some we're recent like the Coneheads Seekers from Platinum.

• Like Like x 2
  13. Easterling Capt

Easterling Capt I am Vern Schillinger

Ebay:
    1: Reissued and was heavaly cleared even though before the reissue the price for a vintage Piranacon was high. Still cheap reissue these days.
    2: Encore exsist but the mold been use so much that it has flaws.
    3: Probably since he exsisted in TFC
    4: Dunno
    5: Dunno
    6: Possible.
    7: Doubtful even though we know the mold exsist.
    8: Doubtful..hade to be cleared of..unsure of price now.
    9: Maybee..been reissued before.
    10: Possible.

Point is..as it has been stated, the reissue is a niche market and aims to a specific target groupe. Just look at the whole Stepper thing in the TFC for those around when he was relesed.

14. BenjaminXavier

BenjaminXavier Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Walmart will sell 10 times as many G1 soundwaves as BBTS could.

• Like Like x 2
  15. Takeshi357

Takeshi357 "Research"

News Credits:
    I've probably said this before, but I really just wanna see some freakin' Autobot combiner reissues for once. We've had reissues of Predaking, Devastator, Bruticus and Piranacon, some of them multiple times, but we haven't gotten a single Autobot one yet. I don't even care which one gets reissued at this point, as long as it does! (but I'd prefer Superion or Defensor if that's ok)

• Like Like x 4
  16. Dakota

Dakota Well-Known Member

Man,I notice even with existing molds and everything,everyone doubts if we get them.What's the whole point to speculate existing molds can't reissued.I'm trying to stay positive here and hopeful.I am not blaming or bashing anyone or anything I just see to much negativity.I agree that some molds might be hard to reissued even they had to get a overprice G1 Prime with no trailer in the market that really upset a lot people.Brutcus would be little hard but there not much combiners can be reissued since Devastator was a success.All I can we don't no what Hasbro and Takara doing with this line.But thanks for let me know your thoughts and I do agree with your list I just see to much doubt and I understand that with Walmart it's hard that's why I consider the online way over Walmart and well not many people have Walmart in their towns.

17. WishfulThinking

News Credits:
    I think it's just a matter of tempering one's expectations. I would never say never to 90% of the catalog, to be honest. I never thought I'd see Trypticon in Platinum. Or the Dino cassettes from Pulse. But you just have to think in terms of parameters and what will fit within them.

• Like Like x 1
  18. yvk2000

yvk2000 Well-Known Member

I have long since gave up on G1 reissues myself so I had zero hopes for or expectations from this line. But I was super happy with how Astrotrain turned out; quality's good and I'm a big fan of the darker purple. Easily my favorite version of him. If I can get even just one or two more new reissues, I will be more than content.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Dakota

Dakota Well-Known Member

Agree,thanks for sharing and yes we have different thoughts and I would also say never but yes there is borders when it come with this type market can and can't.Megatron is by far the one that will never be reissued here thanks to toy laws but safety is better then not being safe when it's clearly aim for adult toy collectors.

20. Dakota

Dakota Well-Known Member

I'm starting to get that way,I love the G1 Astrotrain we had gotten,I been wanting a G1 toy color one for a while.