G1 reissue cassettes from China?

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by Canbot, Jun 3, 2020.

1. Canbot

Canbot Well-Known Member

Has anybody ordered these reissue cassettes from overseas? If so, were they similar quality to what you'd expect from buying them in a Walmart?

I tried buying from China before, Generations Skrapnel. While they quality was fine, the colours of the plastic were not as great as the ones I bought here.

I'm kinda just looking for a good price on these, as they were picked clean out of Walmart and I never saw them once.

Thanks!

Here's the auction link:

TRANSFORMERS G1 Reissue cassettes Laserbeak/Frenzy/Ravage/Ratbat/Frenzy | eBay

2. lord ginrai

lord ginrai D-list Decepticon

News Credits:
    I bought some KO cassettes from China over 10 years ago. The quality was decent but if you hold them side by side with the originals, you can clearly tell they are KOs. Plastic is a little lighter, and some of the tolerances were a bit off. The spring under Rumble's head was so strong that it would push out his arms a bit in cassette mode. Stickers, paint and chrome were pretty good though.

This is 10 years ago, so quality might have improved.

I've actually been eyeballing the Overkill/Slugfest set myself.

Does anybody have a more recent experience with these?

• Like Like x 1
  3. IceBearPrime

IceBearPrime Well-Known Member

I got some from ebay -- if you are just displaying, they are fine ...

• Like Like x 1
  4. Canbot

Canbot Well-Known Member

I know some places in ebay state of it's a KO. These aren't so cheap as to say so, price wise. Just thought somebody may have tried these in particular.

• Like Like x 1