Customs: G1/Re-issue soundwave shapeways ideas?

Discussion in 'Creative General Discussion' started by shadeozero, Nov 5, 2012.

1. shadeozero

shadeozero Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Hey guys I just got the new soundwave re issue in and it is lovely it is also my first g1 soundwave and I love him and he fits in very well on my CHUG shelf. But as I look at him I can't help feel like something is out of place with him. I ordered one of Maiden Japans head's to solve the head problem, The leg mod solves his leg artculation. As I keep looking at him I realize that its his hands, they are not very detailed and is basically a block with a peg hole. Now I know of some people who have done amazing and complicated shapeways pieces, I was wondering if anyone would take up the challenge of designing a whole new sliding fist piece (if you take apart his arm its all one piece that slides fist is attached to it). Basically to achieve a better hand sculpt and if you are really good at designing maybe some wrist rotation.

Also any other ideas to improve the figure that you can come up with to help improve the figure would be awsome feedback is always welcome.

2. shadeozero

Ebay:
    Another idea I just came up with, the silver part that connects the upper leg to the body(the one that pulls out to allow transformation) How about making one that is a little bit longer to increase his height and since it pushes up into his body when he transforms he should still be able to transform back and forth no problem keeping the orginal transformation intact.

3. echotransformer

echotransformer Well-Known Member

Cool ideas, they sound totally doable. I wouldn't be able to take this on right now, but have you considered giving it a try?

4. MegaMoonMan

MegaMoonMan OFFICIAL MMM REP

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    I might take this on. New fists with wrist swivel, new shoulders that can move outward and bicep swivel. The leg thing I probably can't do, that metal part would be too weak in plastic.

5. shadeozero

Ebay:
    Thanks anyways, I dont do 3d design unfortunately thats why I leave it to visionaries like you guys XD
    Great to hear the enthusiam and glad to hear someone who see's my vision, are you going to be doing the parts via shapeways? If so I could help a little funding wise.

6. MegaMoonMan

MegaMoonMan OFFICIAL MMM REP

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    I print my own stuff, I don't use shapeways. See my sig.

Last edited: Nov 6, 2012
  7. shadeozero

Ebay:
    ah i see,never saw your stuff before I especially like the stuff for blaster. Let me know if any progress comes up with the soundwave please and thank you.