G1 or Beast Wars?

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by ErbFan28, Jul 12, 2011.

?

Which do you like more? G1 or Beast Wars?

1. G1

50.6%
  2. Beast Wars

49.4%
  1. Wheeljack30

Wheeljack30 Banned

It was a hard choice cause both series are awesome and i liked it. Gotta go with G1!

2. st4rwaytoheaven

st4rwaytoheaven Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    G1 made Transformers famous, so gotta go with that

3. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout Dukeup Nukhead

News Credits:
    I went with Beast Wars. Yeah, everybody knows the G1 cartoon and that's where it all started and blah blah blah, I get that.

Beast Wars, however, was an actual show and not just a quick 30 minute toy commercial with a half-baked plot of variable quality. The characters were actually characters you grew to know and love/hate and weren't just there to sell the toys, the animation is still pretty good by today's standards even with Prime currently around, and the writing was top notch with some humor only adults would get (namely anything involving Silverbolt hooking up with BA).

4. grindcore138

grindcore138 桐生会は不滅なり!

News Credits:
    Beast Wars was my first experience with Transformers as a kid so I've gotta go with that.
    Even before I got properly into Transformers a few years ago I always looked back fondly on that series.

5. OOSnake

OOSnake Well-Known Member

I'm pretty certain that Beast Wars was the first transformers I saw. Not much becuase of when it was shown, but I really enjoyed it. Then I saw Armada, and equally enjoyed it, becuase I wasn't old enough to notice the flaws..

6. KikBlava

KikBlava Well-Known Member

Beast Wars! Of course with it being the first Transformers show I saw, I suffer from always siding with the one I saw first, but there was more to Beast Wars than just that. Fleshed out characters, animation thats still quite good, good writing and dialogue, and the finest story from a Transformers series I've ever seen. Beast Machines was ok, but I haven't finished it yet.

I love G1. I'm 78 episodes in and its been a lot of fun, but it is jam packed with stupid moments. Thats not to say Beast Wars didn't have its stupid moments, but sometimes stupidity is part of the charm of a show. G1 has likeable characters, some really great plots, great animation half the time, and it also has hilarious animation errors which makes it more entertaining and gives it a lot of charm. I'm actually enjoying season 3, but the less said about Daniel Witwicky, the better.

7. cuad

cuad VOK EMISSARY

News Credits:
    Oh please. I will not choose between the two.

8. ErbFan28

ErbFan28 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Whoa.....are you sure you wanna go there?

9. inturnmike

inturnmike Well-Known Member

Wow...there are soooooo many younger TF fans on here now...good to see, for sure...but they all knew Beast Wars as their 1st TF experience...and are voting in force...I watched a few episodes of it and was completely turned off by the computer animation....I love old school anime and drawn cartoons so much better because you had to really have a natural talent to draw them and to put each frame together...plus...iys is what started the TF franchise in the 1st place..no G1...no TF's right now...no Beast Wars? Not so much....better stories in Beast Wars? Of course there are...as we mature faster as a society....the writer wanted to evolve TF's for their generation...Prime has the best writing of any series (so far) in my opinion...and that's how it should be...the evolution of a franchise...

10. TygaTim

TygaTim Well-Known Member

I would have to admit it was not an easy vote. I Like g1 the best because of its legacy it started everything it introduced all the characters it is a lot longer than most of the transformers shows they have today which are between 48-52 episodes unlike g1 which last 98 episodes in 4 seasons. beast wars i admit has a better character develpment it gave more onscreen time for all the characters they had at the most up to like 8 to 9 maximals and predacons one ach side with having to kill some of them off at certain times unlike g1 where they legit had about 30-40 autobots and decepticons on each side and with all the gestaults they had but in the end i would say g1 was the best.

11. Stardust262

Stardust262 Moe is the Only Way

News Credits:
    Beast Wars

12. TygaTim

TygaTim Well-Known Member

there is also a beast wars complete series boxset released from shout i want to get sometime.

13. Driskull98

Driskull98 Have you seen the writing on the wall?

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Tumblr:
    Beast Wars will always be my favorite series.

The toys were ahead of their time, the show was ahead of its time. It really made me feel for the characters.

I still love G1 and respect it for being the spark that ignited the whole franchise, but I loved Beast Wars more.

14. opt1musaber

opt1musaber Victory Saber's Recruit

News Credits:
    Both. If you had asked me a few months earllier I would have said G1 hands down. Although this last few months I've been on a Beast Wars frenzy, and it started from nowhere literally...I need to buy the series so I can watch it from start to finish. G1 in the end gets my vote because we wouldn't be here if it wasn't for that.

15. Scrapmaker

Scrapmaker Balance

I'll assume this only means the cartoons. I voted Beast Wars. I grew up with the show, so one can assume that I'm just being biased, but I also watched G1 episodes on tapes. Back then, I viewed the shows equally. After attempting to watch just a year or two ago, I came to realize, the only thing I liked out of that show was the movie. Everything else? Even more poorly written than the movie itself was (I like the movie but I know that the writing was bad), just so much...not good. Comics on the other hand, I hear those are much better than the cartoon.

Beast Wars, while the animation can't be considered great, had great characters and writing in comparison to G1. G1 still deserves respect though, since it is the very reason we have Transformers in the first place.

I'm still trying to fathom why so many people hate organic looking beast modes, or beast modes in general...oh well, people can think what they want.

16. Peanut04

Peanut04 Under Construction

News Credits:
    Well, I really liked the cartoon for Beast Wars, but I didn't like the toys. With G1, I liked both the cartoon and the toys. For that fact alone, I had to go with G1.

17. kaijuguy19

kaijuguy19 Keyblade Wielder

News Credits:
    Beast Wars without a doubt.

Though to be fair I didn't really see G1 to make a fair compariosn save for the 1986 film which I did see.

18. Nightrain

Nightrain Senior Villain

News Credits:
    Yeah. I've been enjoying Beast Wars lately but still have no desire for the toys.

19. DreadwindsGhost

DreadwindsGhost Micro Mad

G1. But that's only by a whisker. Beast Wars is superior in almost every way but one; nostalgia.

20. Snarl_2289

Snarl_2289 Well-Known Member

Hard to choose ! I voted Beast Wars because of the characters and storytelling. Megatron is great in it and the guy i most found is, is Rattrap !