G1 Optimus Prime Reissue

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by lonewolf96, Dec 14, 2018.

1. Wh33ls

Wh33ls Original G1 kid, and loves Beasties as much, eh!

Facebook:
    Twitter:
    I never got any prime reissues, because of those short stacks, and I couldn't afford the Takara ones either.

I feel pretty dumb now for not getting one, because I can now replace the cab, but hind sight is 50/50.

I'm hoping that hasbro will release a complete version down the road.

2. Cooktimus Prime

Cooktimus Prime Well-Known Member

Tuesday morning not the band

• Like Like x 1
  3. Rated X

Rated X Banned

Scalping doesn't make sense at all if you got a normal job. Time is money.

• Like Like x 1
  4. ChromeMagnus

ChromeMagnus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I don't see why it wouldn't have rubber tires. The original 80s release did. So did the Takara and Hasbro reissues in the 2000s.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Purple Heart

Purple Heart Some other time..

News Credits:
    Walmart Starscream has Diecast, so this one should too.

6. ROTF Sideswipe

ROTF Sideswipe Well-Known Member

Personally I've never had an 80's styled, or original, Optimus. I know plenty of people who are completionists and buy it just because, but I'm tight on money and even this one is something I will have to eek away for a few months to get, but is by far the most accessible. It's in the range of "I can spare this if I wait" and not in the range of "Well, this $1-200 could go to something else" you know?

7. transmasterc

transmasterc Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I never had Optimus back in the day. I only got the Commemorative version back in the early 2000’s and that one was a pain in the ass to get ahold of. Long stacks or short it doesn’t matter to me but 50 bucks for just the can? Yeah they can keep it.

8. Mudslide

Mudslide Eyes rolled so hard they fell out of my head.

If I'm ever able to track down the Bumblebee reissue, I'll pick this one up too. Can't have Bee without an Optimus.

9. Murasame

Murasame 村雨

News Credits:
    I would have been in for 30,maybe 40.

• Like Like x 2
  10. SMB73

SMB73 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Like everyone else, I\'ll be waiting until these go on clearance. $50.00 is a disgusting price tag for a toy this old and incomplete. 

• Like Like x 2
  11. Enigma2K2

Enigma2K2 Robot In Disguise TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    $40...
    I\'d let you get away with $40 because of who it is. But $50? Yeah... no.

• Like Like x 2
  12. bradforj

bradforj Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Battered G1 Primes exist in abundance. After already seeing a ko Devastator and incomplete battle-worn Starscream in opened packages, I expect to see worn out Primes being returned to Walmart in this box, as well.

• Like Like x 1
  13. FAKER II

FAKER II Cheap Repaint

I don't think there has been a reissue that didn't have the same die cast and rubber tires that the vintage had. I know I'm in the minority, but I would actually prefer the reissues to have plastic wheels. Rubber will break down and crack long before the plastic and die cast deteriorates.

• Like Like x 1
  14. primetime77

primetime77 Well-Known Member

to the people complaining about the people who are dismayed there won't be a trailer....
    the way i see these reissues....its not JUST to get that g1 toy. its that whole G1 toy experience....right down to the box and and box size. i can't tell you how happy it makes me to see starscream reissued in his mostly original box. if i squint and don't pay attention, i miss the megatron gun that has no business being there. it brings you right back to 1984 and that feeling of wonder. i'm perfectly aware in retrospect...whats is inside is just kinda....eh. the g1 seeker toys were ok, but far from the best 1984 g1 toys. starscream was among my first or maybe my first official TF (i had a diakron pre TF red sunstreaker) and i loved it. the shortcomings of the toy.. that is almost besides the point though. in this case bringing back the g1 prime...THE franchise character in an incomplete "reissue" with a small box that FAILS HARD to bring back the nostalgia is an insult to the fans, the franchise, and hasbro's own history. its the transformers toys version of blasphemy honestly. if hasbro is reading this. PLEASE RECONSIDER. i' Honestly, i have one nearly mint G1 optimus from when i traveled to japan (with my parents) in the mid 80s. My original american had borken at the hip joints be then so i was all to happy to see it on shelves in japan and I just had to have it. thankfully my parents complied....i'm not in this for a minty g1 otpimus. i want the minty G1 optimus experience...the whole 1984 hasbro release experience. if hasbro does this half assed release.....i might buy it...but i'd rather just track down a KO with a great KO of the original BOX....something none of the reissues had and will still fail to have if hasbro and walmart proceed down this blasphemous trailerless path. oh and it should be like $30 with no trailer not 50 hasbro. extra gun....no need either.

• Like Like x 1
  15. primetime77

primetime77 Well-Known Member

to the rubber tire haters...
    my g1 optimus (the broken one) still has great tires. haha. my japanese g1 optimus from the 80s. its tires are still all good (granted that one saw like zero play and maybe once transformation and back). rubber tires are fine! wouldn't buy a g1 prime without them!

16. Sgt Jack V

Sgt Jack V Not *that* sick of G1

I'm sorry, but I don't pay attention to walls of text with poor grammar most of the time.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Tman978

Tman978 CHILL REVIEWER

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Not touching this for $50 with no trailer. I expected that to be the price with the trailer! Catch you at the clearance Wal*Mart.

• Like Like x 1
  18. gabumon

gabumon papertoy designer

News Credits:
    Phew, glad I'm not the only one shocked at the $50. Maybe if he was completely die cast with rubber tires, but wow. $50 is a lot. I'm surprised at the prices of the G1 Walmart reissues in general - I got the mini cars (though I winced at $9) but couldn't see myself buying hot rod or screamer at those prices. And now this.

If they're going to charge collector elite prices they shouldn't put them in the toy isle next to $5 toys. And they should be all die cast.

19. Godzilla Ranger

Godzilla Ranger AgentGodzillaRangerPrime

Should be $30 tops with a trailer

20. deadgiveaway

deadgiveaway Well-Known Member

Maybe Prime’s trailer has finally joined the lost/broken molds club!