G1 Optimus Prime Reissue

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by lonewolf96, Dec 14, 2018.

1. Reflector Prime

Reflector Prime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I agree with you 100%. I brought this up to some people I knew in the 3P industry and they tried to tell me it was a bad idea. No one would want it. I'm like, you're crazy and forgot the actual reason why we collect these things.

• Like Like x 1
  2. My BaLl JoInTs ArE lOoSe

My BaLl JoInTs ArE lOoSe Well-Known Member

What if the toy-accurate Optimus Prime was also compatible with the new Diaclone pilots?
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  3. jaws

jaws Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    2 guns but no trailer?  FAIL 

4. DesertDog

DesertDog Gone Fission’.

News Credits:
    In the Alberta Rockies on my Triumph Tiger 800XC
    Trailer or no trailer, I'm buying this for the sole pleasure of buying a G1 Optimus again.

I know Megatron's off the table but I'll flip if they managed to reissue Shockwave.

5. LegoLover58

LegoLover58 Bumblebee Gourmet

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    I don\'t give a damn if he\'s $50, I picking up G1 Prime.

6. BWfan86

BWfan86 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The more I think about this, the more I realize that I don't really need it. MP10 filled my desire for a G1 Prime. And while it would be nice to own a retro G1 prime, especially since I never one one back in the day, I cannot justify spending $50 on what is really a $25 toy.

7. JackKnife

JackKnife Well-Known Member

50 bucks for just that? Dream on... nothing justifies that kind of price for the cab alone for G1 Prime.

Probably end up finding this in clearance for 10-15 bucks.

• Like Like x 1
  8. skywarp-2

skywarp-2 Master of Teleportation

Ebay:
    Because we keep getting reissues of the original toys, and yes I agree with you Mattel's "classics" line is not MP.. just about the same figure, except with added articulation. I am just saying, if Has/Tak wanted to get a bit more mileage out of the original Figure molds, why not upgrade them with some added articulation, and then release them in special Retro style packaging? It is relevant to this news story because it is about this subject. I mean how many times has the G-1 Toy been reissued over the decades? In all that time, with engineering advances, they never considered taking the original toy and just simply retooling it to be more articulated?? I get it, there are some who would want a new reissue G1 prime, but for those of us who already have it, or owned it and wished for better, still loving the original toy.. A revised version of the G-1 toy would be nice to see.. I don't think that is wrong to bring up here. It's as relevant as saying.."pfftt!! I can get a full ver. on ebay for 35.00!" same thing, essentially, I just like to provide visual aides in my posts is all.

That's stupid!! I mean seriously! The 3P industry can only see super engineered bots selling. If they only knew. Take the damn Optimus, re-engineer some articulation, make it good. give Prime a swappable Star Scream head and add on like the MP44.. but keep the body essentially the G-1 toy. just add articulation, better hands, and release it with all the stickers and such. I guarantee if one company did that and it was a hit, especially if they did Megatron too.. Those 3Ps who scoffed at it, would be eating their collective hearts out over how much easy cash they could have made. I think we should start a poll on this. I would love to see how many fans would want to see those G-1 figures revamped and made better. I know there is the MP line. That's not what we are saying to do with the G-1 toys.. Just take the G-1 toys and make them slightly better, with articulation. Release ratchet and Ironhide with added articulation and real heads, and so on.. BB with extra joints and articulation, swivel heads, and so on. It's a cheap KO and 3P type thing to do, I can't believe no one thinks it would bomb in terms of sales.. I would collect the entire 26 character run, if they did them and released them all in under $50 dollars. I could then have the original Toys, with added articulation and updated on one shelf, and then the MPs on another display.. perfection if you ask me. Even as a child in the 80s, I always wondered if they were going to release a new prime with added articulation and such. Now the MP fulfills the desire of cartoon accuracy, but I still love the original toys, and would love them even more with added articulation.

Is that the original Prime? Not an up-scaled version?? I think if they did a release or 3p did it with that added articulation, sure.. keep it compatible with Diaclone scale figures, and also able to seat the MP spike and Sparkplug too. Good idea!

• Like Like x 2
  9. DarkEyes

DarkEyes Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    This Prime has the matrix ?

10. RKillian

RKillian http://www.rktoyandhobby.com

News Credits:
    It's a mixed bag. On the one hand, I have alot of ideas summarily shot down by people that think they know better. On the other hand, I've gotten very cynical about what will sell.

For what it's worth, I would've been interested (albeit at a sub-$100 price point).

• Like Like x 1
  11. allew

allew Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Glad it's available for fans to get a G1 Prime, I might pick one up if I see it but won't go out of my way to hunt him down. Both gun options and long smokestacks is very nice. For me the "ultimate" G1 Optimus Prime domestic reissue would have (besides the trailer and roller of course):

Matrix
    Energon Axe from 2003 reissue
    Mini gun mode Megatron and remolded fist from 2003 Starscream reissue
    The retooled cartoon head from Music Label Optimus (I know some fans would want as original toy accurate as possible though)
    Mini Spike and Sparkplug figures that fit into his chest
    Voice box (similar to G2 Prime but smaller) that goes onto his back (would also hide the hollowness) with Peter Cullen Optimus quotes - "Autobots Roll Out!"

• Like Like x 3
  12. The Dabber Supreme

The Dabber Supreme New Member

Facebook:
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Yes this is a must have, althoughI wish it had the trainer

13. Venomus Rodimus

Venomus Rodimus Well-Known Member

Who spends $50 for a brick these days?
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 3
  14. iacon45

iacon45 Missing: One Custom Title

News Credits:
    I have to say at first glance, I'm kind of disappointed that he doesn't have the trailer especially if the reissue price holds true at $50 (considering the older "complete" G1 reissue cost about $40). But I do have said TRU reissue and a few spare older trailers to put with him so it's not that big a deal, but it would have been nice to see a more complete reissue for those that might have wanted a complete set that either didn't have anymore of their Prime left or those that never had a G1 Prime to begin with.

But there are definitely some good marks on this set too. Biggest thing is the longer smokestacks. I NEVER liked how those shorter stacks looked. Also good to see both versions of his rifle and the remolded hands that can hold either of said rifles. I would have liked to see some other bonus accessories to make up for the lack of trailer and to better justify that $50 price though like maybe his energon ax, a matrix, or even that remolded more show accurate head that Takara used with the G1 Prime / Ipod docking station trailer release.

15. primalxconvoy

primalxconvoy Banned

News Credits:
  16. Sammael

Sammael MightyMegatron from ATT

News Credits:
    • Like Like x 2
  17. Sovietbot

Sovietbot Autobot from USSR

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Reaction MP-01, when G1 lost its trailer.:D 

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  18. metalwar2010

metalwar2010 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    I agree $50, if true, is a rip off. Starscream isn't at that price level with added accessory and remolded hands (nothing missing too) so most likely, IMO, that price is wrong or Hasbro is smoking something and it ain't the good stuff either. I mean, this isn't OP 3.0.

• Like Like x 1
  19. ACMagnus

ACMagnus Phantom Thief

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Super Sentai/Power Rangers fans?

• Like Like x 4
  20. dCon

dCon mecha-former

News Credits:
    I highly doubt its gonna be $50 I can see it costing $40.00 because of heavier diecast. the chest and the toes. That's like $39.99 @ most! Hot Rod has diecast he was $28.77 retail $29.99 online.

• Like Like x 1