G1 music restoration project../

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by KMITB, Aug 18, 2014.

1. MechanovaKing

MechanovaKing Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    cool. sounds great. I'd pay for that.

But.....why...can't you fix everything. The sound track is used often though out the series, go to the series and grab an intact sound?

• Like Like x 1
  2. OptimusTimelord

OptimusTimelord Masterpiece Reanimator

I don't know, but iTunes is a good idea - would cut out the costs of physical manufacturing so more money would go to recouping the price of licensing the music.

3. Enigma2K2

Enigma2K2 Robot In Disguise TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
  4. OptimusTimelord

OptimusTimelord Masterpiece Reanimator

^ Nice, but it's just all the theme tunes.

5. C.W. McConvoy

C.W. McConvoy 破壊大帝

I'm just a fan; I don't know what the real situation is. But I'm guessing that the legalities of a proper, complete soundtrack being released must be hard to work out. These songs were composed by at least two different guys, one of whom is now deceased. Some of the songs predate The Transformers. Some of them like Cold Slither were made for GI Joe. So even if an official soundtrack did come out, it would inevitably be missing several tracks due to legal reasons or the inability to track down the original master tapes.

6. Makunix

Makunix Active Member

I'm all for the release of a G1 soundtrack but i'd rather have it done through an official channel and yes i know this will never happen.

My main reason for not liking this though is the fact that the fandom are effectively funding this guy to pay for $1200 worth of audio software to do something illegal. And before anyone starts it is illegal as the finished product will be distributed without the copyright holder receiving a penny.

What i'm getting at here is there was no need for him to make this kick starter campaign when the software in question is available to download and crack illegally for free.

7. Liampope

Liampope Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Perhaps his moral compass is such that whilst he is comfortable participating in a fan labour of love to piece together and clean up unreleased music tracks from bits of 30 year old cartoons and sharing the results, he draws the line at blatant software piracy? There's your need.

I'm sure all the backers are well aware we are essentially buying this guy some expensive software, and are happy with that. After all he is giving probably hundreds of hours of his time and expertise in return to give us all something we want that is otherwise unobtainable.

You're of course free to not like it. I assume you won't be downloading the finished tracks :) .

8. phantomfharlock

phantomfharlock Well-Known Member

Props to him.

So it's not cool that jimbo! Plays in the very very murky grey area of music licensing to do but it is okay for him to steal outright from a company willing to hook him up with a sweet deal? How is that even making sense?

The transformers fandom is powered by hate as usual.

I guarantee you if this kickstarter hit Six figures that hasbro would find the time to do an official release and would shut jimbo down lickety split. It's not worth it for hasbro to even attempt a commercial release. And yeah, I get that we are funding his software purchasing, and I applaud his cleverness and ingenuity, even if his video is a little weak. He's going to become an expert on that software in the course of making this stuff, and maybe he'll get a job or a resume bump out of it. Stop hating.

9. rapid_fire

rapid_fire TFW2005 Supporter

The fandom don't care about being legal lol look at all the third party and bootlegger support. They just want cool shit, no matter the cost.

10. Enigma2K2

Enigma2K2 Robot In Disguise TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Crap.

11. Purple Heart

Purple Heart Fall Passions

News Credits:
    Yep. And Hasbro seems to like 3P as they see it as compitition, Hell the Combiner Wars is now official.... Hasbro could sue them all, All of them... But they don't because they know we like cool shit and we'll still buy there stuff too.

Hell, With My Little Pony I've downloaded every damn song crom the show, Various remixes and commonly buy custom made plushes based exactly on the characters. Hasbro don't do shit ever really besides give us our way.

12. oscarnjboy

oscarnjboy SHAZAM!!

Ebay:
    why donate my hard earned money for a thank you?

13. Makunix

Makunix Active Member

How am i hating on the guy exactly? I just don't agree with the way he went about it that's all, regardless of how cunningly brilliant it is. If anything i'm probably a little jealous that i didn't think it up!

If he gets a mixing or mastering job from being able to use RX3 then great. As someone who's doing a degree in Audio Engineering i understand how even the slightest bit of knowledge using different software can land you a job.

My point about cracking RX3 though was more along the lines of with the final product being bootleg why not go all out and just download it and save all of the supporters their money?

I'm not saying doing this is right. Hypothetically what if he got a cease and desist letter before anything was released? Then a lot of people would effectively have paid for something that would sadly never see the light of day and he'd still have an expensive piece of software to use

14. New Brandon

New Brandon Fan Dub Guy

Because you want this project to happen? Because he's only asking for $1?

I'm not saying this is mandatory. Of course it's not. You can save your money, and when he puts the final product out, you can download it! For free!

But luckily, enough people have been generous enough with their money that this project is going to happen at the basic level. If he gets more, there are still stretch goals to achieve.

15. Shockwave9227

Shockwave9227 A real stand-up guy

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I hope there's a little bass boosting done because some of the ripped tracks sound unbelievably thin. I can't believe this got funded so quickly!

16. notpicard

notpicard Well-Known Member

Excellent project! I am backing this. I really think it is rare to see fans genuinely cutting new avenues and this is a great example of a top notch project.

I hope maybe this can one day contribute to a proper translation of Headmasters...before all the original voice actors are gone.

17. revlimiter

revlimiter Bot Hacker

News Credits:
    In for $5! And they just hit the first stretch goal.

18. New Brandon

New Brandon Fan Dub Guy

Oh, wow. With original VAs? Hmm.

Might cost a little more than $650. Keep in mind that for something like that, you'd probably have to get permission from Hasbro. Not sure you can do a bootleg project with SAG actors.

19. jamarmiller

jamarmiller S.K.A.R. LEADER

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I prefer official things 100 percent of the time, but if the company, after 30 some years doesnt produce something that I would like, then I am all for 3rd party stuff and things like this and happily support them. I will give the original IP holders my support 100 percent of the time and will wait for a long time but at some point, you got to realize its never going to happen and things like this need to be done

20. Zambot

Zambot Pixarian Artobot

News Credits:
    Just donated, almost over the 2nd stretch goal! :) 

Been looking for a true Transformers score for a long time.