G1 msrp

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by CarafelliusMaximus, Mar 12, 2013.

1. CarafelliusMaximus

CarafelliusMaximus G1 Junkie

Hey, I'm calling out to all our board members again for some help. You all have been a big assistance to me in the past and I need some information again. I'm working on a personal database for Transformers. I'm using it to help me organize and see my total collection on a number of levels. I'm also attempting to ascertain the value of the collection and I am wondering if anyone at all knows weather or not any of the original Generation One MSRP's or Manufacturers Suggested Retail Price, is known or can be found out. I've got a lot of G1 Transformers in my collection and this would help me out a lot. And if anyone is interested in setting up a database like mine themselves, I'll be glad to help and even send you my own to look at. Thanks again everyone!

2. daddytron

daddytron Made of too much clear plastic

I can only remember what my parents paid retail for a couple figures, if that is relevant or helpful. Bluestreak and Prime were $15 and $27 respectively in 1985.

3. clintfca

clintfca G1 Inspired

News Credits:
    According to the original price tag stickers on my G1 boxes:

Seeker Jets: $12.99
    Megatron: $27.95
    Decepticon 2-pack tapes: $5.50
    Bluestreak: $8.95
    Smokescreen: $9.88

From memory, Fortress Maximus $89.99. What you could do is scour ebay for boxed G1 auctions and sometimes the original sticker price tag is still clearly visible.

Cheers

4. wildfly

wildfly Fermenting pork tube.

News Credits:
  5. CarafelliusMaximus

CarafelliusMaximus G1 Junkie

All of this is very helpful information! I'm actually hoping that I can use this information to come up with an average price for the figures. And I can then use current Ebay auctions to determine an average current price as well. The reason I'm wanting all this is I might be able to use this for insurance purposes. I tried to get insurance on my collection and they claimed it was already covered but I have friends who have seperate coverage on designer clothing. So if I'd ever loose my collection in a house fire or something I'd like to be able to try and rebuild.

6. Tripredacus

Tripredacus K-Mart-ian Legend

News Credits:
  7. Th0r4z1n3

Th0r4z1n3 PlastiqueBoutique.com Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    The stickers on my Eject/Ramhorn & Rewind/Steeljaw cards both say $5.47, hope that helps.