G1 Megatron Re-release for Universe Classics

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Inikalord, May 23, 2009.

?

G1 Megatron for Re-release in Universe Classics

1. Yes

35.4%
  2. No

64.6%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Optimus Sledge

Optimus Sledge Yar har fiddle di dee

I know it was something discussed on airsoft forums quite a bit prior to the change in law. Whether criminals do it, I dunno. I would in their place.

To be honest, I think people go a little bit crazy over guns. This'll make me sound old, but my friends and I ran around with toy guns all the time without a problem. Criminals will find a way to get hold of guns (real of replica), restrictions are more of an inconvenience for the law-abiding.

2. Bumblethumper

Bumblethumper old misery guts

News Credits:
    when I was a kid, I remember getting a realistic diecast toy gun while on holiday, and taking it onboard with me on the plane home.

somehow, the world survived.

3. jorod74

jorod74 Psycholagnist (Ret.)

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Not to a cop that just killed an 8 year old that jumped out from behind a garbage can pointing a Walther at him.
    (altthough, at walmart, i can buy a toy double barreled shotgun with sound effects and "smoking barrel" effect for $13...that's odd.)

the point is child safety.

now, if kids could buy Ak's from the local 40's and Nines, (my favorite store!) your assumption would be correct.

i don't want Hasbro to go Shumacher on Megs like Hasbro did with those nasty Batman repaints...Bats should never be Butterscotch colored!!!!!

So, just buy a MP Megs, leave him in Bot mode and be happy.

Anyone here recall those Entertech water guns that were realistic as hell and had actual sound effects?
    they were so expensive, but man i wanted em.
    nowadays, i am glad we don't have em.

as for registering to be a Toy Gun owner, NO.
    NO.
    NO.

I am not a sex offender, i am not violent, i am not owning anything lethal or dangerous, so why pay a fee and have my name on a list like that?

4. grimlock1972

grimlock1972 Optimus, serving up the primest of ribs since 1984

News Credits:
    back in the day ( early 1980s and on back) the toy guns were made to be exetrmely realistic. Hell a friend of mine back then had a toy ak-47 thats was a spot on match for the real thing, same length and everything even the stock was dead on for the wood color and grain pattern, of course it was all plastic so its was a hell of a lot lighter than a real one, I had a toy M-16 that could have passed for the real thing unless you looked close, it was actually a selling point for the toyguns to look like the real guns, the law was passed for a reason, kids were getting killed by cops not being able to tell if the gun pointed at them was real or not and electing to shoot as they felt they could not risk it being a toy so the orange cap was required.

Hell Nintendo even had to make the zapper gun have orange on it to comply with the law making the older all grey zapper a bit of a collectors item to some, you would think having a cord hanging from it would be a bit of a give away, anyway many kid's lives have been saved as incedents like those that gave rise to the law have dropped to nearly zero and the very few that do happen are usually because the orange cap was removed or its an older toy giun made before the law was changed

5. E. C. R. Former

E. C. R. Former Is probably insane...

Since G1 Megs is out of the question, I wonder if they'll ever reissue G2 Megs.

6. grimlock1972

News Credits:
    id say it has alot better chance then G1, as a pointing that tank at a cop isn't a threat, its a sign of mental issues lol

7. Yigal

Yigal Dutch Meeting camera man

Ebay:
    But that only says something about USA cops. They're triggerhappy aggressive and violent. Last week, after a wild carchase, the whole world could see 5 cops kicking a purpotraiter who was ON CONSCIOUS. I can imagine cops like that would immidiatly shoot at anything that would look like a villain with a gun

yeah, I can only imagine....

No, but their parents can buy real AK's and teatch their childeren how to shoot cans with them.

No, they should make them and sell them, but only to adults, or under adult supervision.

MP Megs will also not be brought on the market by hasbro, will it?

You know something. That would be some shait the US police would do. Register everyone with toy guns. And when you get screened for a job at the bank, you'll get flagged and fired for it. Sounds real American to me. But hey, what do I know?

8. Spyro

Spyro Banned

People, you have to remember, things have been different since 9-11. A day America will never forget. The day the world stopped turning. Before 9-11, people never worried about terrorist attacks. Guns weren't exactly a big issue. But, then 9-11 happened. America's World Trade Centers were destroyed. nearly 3,000 people died, about twice as many that died on the Titanic. Of those 3,000 were civillians from over 80 different countries. Those terrorist hijacked those planes with BOX-CUTTERS. God only knows what they could do with guns. That's the primary reason there's so many gun restrictions in America. The secondary reason is because Barack Obama is a dumbass and thinks we don't deserve the right to bear arms and wants to nullify the second ammendment. That's why Megatron has gone through so much pain and torture in America. It's all because of those stupid terrorists...and Barack Obama.

9. jestermon

jestermon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    a

Pretty sure that is a no, Megatron is much better as a tank or some kind of bad ass vehicle, instead or a big gun, that turns into a even smaller gun.

I am pro tank/military vehicle all the way, this also allows him to go head to head with Prime in vehicle mode.

Sure the Titanium version was not up to par, but if well done it could be great.

10. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    It's never going to happen, well, not here in the US anyways. Hasbro can't even reissue the Classics Nerf-gun-mode Megatron. There is no possible way they would get a G1 Megatron reissue to us. Even if they could, it's not something I would buy. I have no problem with Megatron toys that turn into guns, but the G1 version just does not look good, imo. A reissue of his G2 tank-mode toy would make more sense, and it would be possible. would be cool, imo, if they were to repaint it into his G1 color scheme.

11. Easterling Capt

Easterling Capt I am Vern Schillinger

Ebay:
    The cops are formated after the society they guard, The US society has alot of problems. I see cops on television and some ways the cops work in the US would NEVER be tolarated in Sweden and is not allowed.

If you have a society that have alot of problems, gangs, drugs,hookers, robbery, assult and so on, the cops and ppl in it will change eventually and the US cops have reached a limit were in most cases its draw gun ( eventually shoot) and ask later. This is because of the climate they work in.

Sweden also have problem but no way near the way US police have it. If a Swedish police as much draws his gun it get major headlights in the newspapper.

point is of all ranting that the police work and evolve with society, if the society is nice and no bad stuff you get nice and friendly cops, take a bad society and the cops will change to the opposit.

I know it all is not just as black and white as it might come of but the principle is the same.

Then of course some ppl are just idiots and should never be allowed to work as a cop in the first place.

12. Opticron Primal

Opticron Primal Comin' up OOOs!

News Credits:
    Yeah, never going to happen unless they paint him bright neon green and purple, and even then it wouldn't be a possiblity.

He transforms into a realistic-looking GUN. Nowadays that's not going to fly. Figuratively and literally.

13. payton34

payton34 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I think that Hasbro won't even bother with gun alt-modes anymore, whether it's "realistic looking" or not, simply due to all of the headaches involved with them.

Which sucks, because we'll probably never get another G1 Shockwave (either reissue or Universe/Classics version), regardless of the fact that it looks about as gun-realistic as something you'd see on Battlestar Galactica.

14. Spyro

Spyro Banned

Did anybody actually bother to read this? I actually took the time to type it, you know.

15. Opticron Primal

Opticron Primal Comin' up OOOs!

News Credits:
    All posts are alike, dude. Some people will read it, some people will skim it, some people won't bother. It doesn't matter how long it is or how much time you put into it.

16. grimlock1972

News Credits:
    the toy safety law the major federal one was inacted in 1988, long before 9/11 and I am highly insulted by your baseless attempt to link that horrendous tragedy to this debate and the changing gun laws which I am against as they will have little to no effect on criminals and only cause problems for honest citizens , I got this from the Transformers Wiki :

Note that the major federal toy gun law was enacted in 1988, and applies to all toy guns manufactured after May 1989. As such, it is entirely legal for dealers to sell original G1 Megatron figures, as they are grandfathered in; but any later American release of the toy WOULD have to meet these standards, hence the "Safety/Lava Bath Megatron" toy, which STILL failed to meet these guidelines, as the entire external surface was not (and likely could not be) made from a single color of plastic.

this makes a reissue in G1 colors basicly impossible , I think a G2 reissue is the best we can hope for

and people keep the politics out of this before it gets locked

17. Spyro

Spyro Banned

Excuse me? It's not a "baseless" attempt. Don't be insulted. I was simply saying that gun laws changed AGAIN after 9-11. Also, you seem to have not commented on the fact that I mentioned Obama. Anywho, I'm also against the changing gun laws. Anyways, EXCUSE ME for "insulting" you. I was just trying to express the fact that 9-11 has caused some of the gun law crap while also expressing my opinion. Good day to you, sir!

18. Optimus Sledge

Optimus Sledge Yar har fiddle di dee

If you really want to make that point, you're going to have to cite some evidence for it. Your opponent has demonstrated that 9/11 had sweet fudge all to do with it, do you have a counterpoint other than "lol ur rong"?

19. Black Sideswipe

Black Sideswipe TFW2005 Supporter

I know this isn't the topic of the thread anymore, but if we could get another gun reissue, I'd much rather it be Browning than Megatron.

20. grimlock1972

News Credits:
    [​IMG]

no gun laws were ever inacted as a direct result of 9/11 , used as an excuse for them yes, but as a direct result of what happened on 9/11 no and this Thread isn't about gun laws, its about Toy safety laws preventing the reissue of Transformers with realistic Gun altmodes, I did not mention Obama as the law that relates to this thread was passed 1988 when Obama was just starting Harvard law school and there fore he had absolutely nothing to do with the toy safety law of 1988. Read the thread as obviously you missed the word Toy in front of Gun

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.