G1 insecticons still a good purchase?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by ThrustJan, May 13, 2020.

1. ThrustJan

ThrustJan Well-Known Member

Although I'm focused on modern toys, after g1 Galvatron,Scourge and Cyclonus that I happily had bought for first time last year, I'm interested in 3 toon insecticons,in recent years I began to appreciate them and I already have CW Bombshell and Titans Kickback.
    Do you suggest me to find a recent 3 pack Hasbro reissue or toys have aged well so is better I seach for vintage ones?
    Thanks so much for your suggestions!

2. DoubleClouder

DoubleClouder Prototype / Testshot collector

News Credits:
    I always liked them. They are basic, but I think that they look good and they are fun and easy to flip between modes. I would say pick them up, but don't pay alot, between the vintage and the reissues there are tons of them out there. I feel like back in the day, almost everyone had at least one.

• Like Like x 2
  3. heltskelt

heltskelt Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    I think it’s really up how you want your collection to be. I’d suggest the reissues. A quick look through eBay, and I see you can get them for around $60. You can also get the G1s for less, but you have to make sure there’s nothing broken/missing. I have the TRU Commemorative Insecticons, and they display great.

• Like Like x 1
  4. fschuler

fschuler Post Count Inflated With Hot Air TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I like them. I’d suggest the reissues, though. 35 year old plastic ain’t what it used to be. That being said, my G1 originals are still fine, save for a little chrome wear and some kinda loose joints. I traded some kid a Stomper 4x4 for them back in 1986. Score! I couldn’t believe he wanted to make that trade...I felt like he got the short end.

• Like Like x 3
  5. ThrustJan

Thanks to you all!
    I'm counting to buy these during 2020,although G1 seekers are more iconic Insecticons seem aged better as toys. As toys ,G1 Kickback seems one of best ones.Probably I'll buy a package at this point.

About very recent ones,I'm planning to buy few other CW Insecticons Bombshell and other 2 for a cheap army ,Chop Chop is very beautiful but probaly I'll search an used one to save something,on Amazon.com are rather expensive . About Skrapnel I was thinking to buy POTP version instead of Generations,is very cheap and beautiful but for some reasons I prefer Kickback and Bombshell.

• Like Like x 1
  6. fschuler

fschuler Post Count Inflated With Hot Air TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    FWIW, I dig the CW and POTP Insecticons as well. They are more or less like G1 with modern articulation.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Predakwon

Predakwon ...Green Lantern's light!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    If love G1, totally worth it.

I have originals and the Book style reissue.

• Like Like x 1
  8. artiepants

artiepants Transformers '84!!!

News Credits:
    I think they are some of the better smaller molds from the era. They even tend to be more articulated then average by G1 standards due to a combo of their transformations and nature of their alt modes. and the color schemes are fantastic. (I kept hoping they'd do a premium 3 pack of the modern molds with unified paint and chrome or at lease nice silver paint)

• Like Like x 2
  9. Ssssssssss

Ssssssssss Member

ehobby?

10. Prime Noble

Prime Noble Well-Known Member

Welcome aboard.

The E-hobby Insecticons are repaints of the G1 Insecticons but portrayed as separate characters Shothole, Salvo and Zaptrap, clones of Kickback, Bombshell and Shrapnel.

29_clonearmy_l.jpg

The G1 set is worth picking up. Kickback is quite articulate for a G1 toy.

Bombshell has personality and reasonable articulation for G1.

Shrapnel is the weakest of the three but they don't feel complete without him. It'll bug you otherwise.

• Like Like x 2
  11. WishfulThinking

WishfulThinking The world has moved on...we've always said.

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Just my three cents...but I think the Insecticons are on the short list for Walmart reissues within the next few years, if the line continues. Just a hunch.

• Like Like x 1
  12. ThrustJan

Thanks! I'll buy the recent Hasbro boxset but also some old G1 are a lot cheap for decent conditions and good for a little army.True ,Shrapnel in the toon was iconic but Kickback in both modes is a lot better and Bombshell embodies the best the Insecticons,he's menacing in alt mode and bio and on other hand is a nice insect in alt mode. For generations and also G1 I'd like to buy some of these.

About other G1 insecticons do you suggest me Venom instead of Chop Shop?Venom is beautiful but maybe Chop is more resistant and funnier.

13. transmasterc

transmasterc Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The cool thing is the Insecticons or sold as a set now. You don’t have to track them own individually.

14. QmTablit

QmTablit BotBot in the what, I said BotBot in the what

I display my Reissue set as the Insecticons with the more current figures as clones or duplicates- however you view them. They blend together pretty well.