G1 Generation Figs - Thumbs down.

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by SoljaRTT, Jul 31, 2010.

1. Hyperoptic

Hyperoptic G1-Junkie

News Credits:

:lol 

Last edited: Jul 31, 2010
  2. Dolza_Khyron

Dolza_Khyron Well-Known Member

well i was born the same year, but i got most of my g1's from value village, lol

i never saw g1 while it aired new, i do remember micromasters though. and i did get a few new transformers, point blank, defensor, a bunch of combiner limbs, including nosecone, the 4 terrorcons, and tentakill. and some micromasters too.

hell i didn't even see the movie until it was re-released in 1998 *i think?* i bought the canadian version off the internet :) 

but i sure did buy lots of transformers from value village. sunstreaker, two stunticons, hook. and many more.

but my point is, it was possible for a 1983er to get exposed to transformers, we just did it a lot later, i mean, i did watch g2. and i did buy many g2's including g2 prime. it might of been late, but i sure did enjoy g1. :)  it was closer to the g2 era though lol

3. Dolza_Khyron

i know :lol 

but yea i like g1's; but it is nice to have newer versions of the original characters. :) 

4. Hyperoptic

Hyperoptic G1-Junkie

News Credits:
    Now I'm just confused... lmao

5. Hyperoptic

Hyperoptic G1-Junkie

News Credits:
    I gotchia man :wink: 

6. Dolza_Khyron

well g2 wasn't that bad when you're 10 and missed g1. and grew up hearing how awesome it was from your older brother :lol 

7. Tenebrouser

Tenebrouser Craft...or is it crap?

I couldn't make it through the original post.

It shouldn't take paragraphs to make a point about TF's.

8. Blue Meanie

Blue Meanie Hello from the Gutter

Yep I agree, theY should kill off all the G1 characters for good like prime, jazz, megatron and the like. And replace them with all new characters with no connection to the massive mythology. It worked before right, around 86-87? After that transformers became mega-popular.

9. Valkysas

Valkysas Attack Buffalo

News Credits:
    I honestly do find the classic toys kind of boring at times. after I've had them a week or two, I rarely mess around with them anymore. But they're still cool, and I always look forward to getting new ones.

They have just about killed all interest I ever had in reissues, which saves me a lot of money, so I love them for that too.

10. Vangelus

Vangelus Long Live the New Flesh Moderator Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I think it's less a case of total line progression and more just a symptom of Generations doing all the catch-all work for stuff that isn't seen as warranting a dedicated line by the powers-that-are. War For Cybertron making a cameo in Generations kind of reminds me of the opening year or so of Alternators, when the concept wasn't entirely proven. Put out a few key characters, see how they sell, and potentially expand outward from there in the following year(s).

Not to say that I think War For Cybertron will get a guaranteed dedicated line. But I think that given its nature, it's more a case where it's amazing that it gets 4 deluxe molds of a chance at retail, when several years ago it may have simply been homaged in a few designs a year or two after its release.

11. 03Mach1

03Mach1 Logic has been replaced with blind ignorance.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Since it's the basis for all mythos, G1 will always be referenced in Transformers toylines. Accept it.

12. Tigermegatron

Tigermegatron Banned

I'm fine with these classics 1.0,2.0 & generations. as long as they do more homages of characters that haven't received any or that many homages new molds before.

What I don't like is seeing 10+homage new molds based off the same character. in various TF toy lines within a 1-2 year time frame.

I also prefer my updated homages to be re-created in the proper size scale. that mirrors the g-1 cartoon & G-1 toy line.

My guess is WFC received only 4 toys because hasbro never did new toys based off a video game universe before. it's got nothing to do with G-1 generations or rotf or Prime toys stealing the toy slots.