G1 Galvatron, an individual?

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Lovecraft, Apr 13, 2019.

1. Starforce

Starforce Banned

Mental torture comes to mind concerning galvatrons insanity perhaps being a biproduct of unicrons torture?

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 24, 2019
    • Like Like x 2
  2. pilot00

pilot00 Well-Known Member

Elementary in what context? Their bodies had been left to rot for 4 million years and were in many instances torn apart. Further more the process didnt alter their robotic appearance but there was a major overhaul to workings of their altmodes. Galvatron was not 'a new being'. For all intents and purposes he went the same process as the ark did. The only difference been that his body (key word body) underwent physiological changes as well as his alt mode. His brain remained intact. The process is the same, the only difference is that Unicron is capable of breathing life to corpses/perform programming.

3. gibdozer

gibdozer Censored

Do robots "rot"? The Ark simply repaired the damaged mechanisms. It didn't alter the base forms, power levels, or minds of the transformers. Unicron created unique individuals with new power sets and core bodies. While we can debate who is Galvatron/Megatron, there is no debate that Scourge and Cyclonus are new entities body and mind.

• Like Like x 1
  4. pilot00

Rot as in figure of speech. I believe though that 4 million years are enough to damage them. Damaged is putting it lightly. Just rewatch the scene. Regarding Cyclonus/Scourge: Never said they werent so I dont know why this bears any mentioning? The reformatting process was never implied to be anything else than that: Altering the bodies. Personality programming is another matter entirely.

5. gibdozer

gibdozer Censored

I mentioned it in direct response to your querry. You asked in what context is what the Ark did elementary. It is elementary in the context of comparison. While it might be difficult to rebuild a broken down car, the task pales in comparison to designing and building a brand new one.

6. pilot00

And who told you it cant? The only definite thing is that it cant programme a mind.

7. Primeultra

Primeultra Well-Known Member

I’m not sure if I agree or disagree with you

I can agree that the Ark had some major work to do, but the way they animated it, it seemed to require some time , from what I recall the animators employed a “time laps”technic

But Unicron seemed to do a lot more on those bodies.....and in shorter time

I would say that both preformed similar work but that one was far more advanced

• Like Like x 1
  8. pilot00

Efficient/precise? I can give that. But the context is the same: Bodily physiology alteration. It had nothing to do with their minds.

Scourge and Cyclonus are different cases whatsoever. They both were dead (or whatever scraps were they rebuild from).

NOTE: That I dont say that its impossible for reformating to affect the brain: What I am saying is that it was not the case for Megatron/Galvatron. To me the fact that Galvatrons head IS EXACTLY Megatron just with three horns added and a repaint is a huge clue. Plus the whole deal and purpose of Unicron was to keep Megs around as he was for his purposes. Megatron accepted the 'deal' because he would survive with 'a new body'.

9. gibdozer

gibdozer Censored

Well it didn't.

I would agree Unicron is clearly more technologically advanced than the Ark.

10. pilot00

Nobody disagrees to any of this, but this is not also a proof of anything.

11. Collectotron

Collectotron Pretender Defender

News Credits:
    I think of Galvatron as his own guy but he's still got Megatron's memories. As for the other decepticons who were reformatted I consider them totally different characters

12. KrazyKraang

KrazyKraang Krazed Kraang

YouTube (Legacy):
    I think Galvatron was in plasma not larva.
    A possible reason for Galvatrons madness is Unicrons constant torture of him. How many times in the G1 movie did Unicron torture Galvatron? Then Rodimus punches himin the face a few times, throws him out of Unicron and BANG!!!
    Galvatron crashes onto a planet lands in a pool of larva and as a result of his injuries, head knocks and anger at his defeat---he got space Autism.
    and thats how he's crazy.

13. Primeultra

Only 3 times

Don’t think that constitutes “constant torturing”

• Like Like x 1
  14. Bass X0

Bass X0 Captain Commando

News Credits:
    Megatron and Galvatron are as different as Charmander and Charizard.

15. Seeker

Seeker Time Lord

Ebay:
    Evolution of the character. Same spark.

16. StrangePlanet

StrangePlanet G1

I like the old Marvel comics thing where Galvatron is kinda a different guy, only because he was previously Megatron, but Galvatron is from the future, and after he died during the battle of Unicron, he came back to life insane. So yeah, he is Megatron, but he has changed so much that his personality is completely different, his voice is different, his goals are different, the same memories but a lot of that is gone in his mind, and he is a time-traveler from the future so Galvatron and Megatron can be in the same room.

That room is my room. On my shelf. I want the two of them on the shelf together and that's my explanation.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Primeultra

Nice analogy
    But that proves they are the same guy

Just a few things

Which Marvel books are you talking about ?There are two, UK and U

A future not THE future

The MUS Galvatron First appeared in a story called “rhythms of darkness”, and he was already in sane before traveling to what was then the present time.

And I don’t think I would agree that he died in the battle with Unicron but that’s another conversation

MUK Galvatron was said to have been insane from the start

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 26, 2019
  18. Bass X0

Bass X0 Captain Commando

News Credits:
    That was my point really. Galvatron is Megatron but highly more aggressive and powerful, plus is prone to being self-centered and self-important.

• Like Like x 2
  19. Starforce

Starforce Banned

I always thought that the insane galvatron from. The us marvel future was a decepticon named archforce that got torturousely rebuilt i to being a living megatron body but with straxuses mind controlling the body struggling to maintain dominance over megatrons copied personality and memories with archforces mind buried under all that

20. Terrorpin

Terrorpin Well-Known Member

In the old series? Definitely a simple upgrade. His "brain damage" was a way to shake up the status quo. It did make things more interesting, I'll admit. But the thought of having a Lawful Evil Megatron and a Chaotic Evil Galvatron floating around in the same universe is much more appealing to me.

• Like Like x 2