G1 Galvatron, an individual?

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Lovecraft, Apr 13, 2019.

1. Primeultra

Primeultra Well-Known Member

JP Galvatron 2?

2. Fafnir72

Fafnir72 Well-Known Member

Check the Legends manga.

3. Primeultra

Primeultra Well-Known Member

Link?

4. ErickCruz

ErickCruz Well-Known Member

Twitter:
    Instagram:
    While I'm biased to how things go based on the G1 cartoon, I think Galvatron is too good a character to leave on the sidelines and not use him as a separate character to Megatron. Infact I'd love to see a Decepticon War where they split into different factions, one led by Megatron and the other by Galvatron.

• Like Like x 2
  5. Fafnir72

Fafnir72 Well-Known Member

TFwiki (synopsis) and Takara website on TF.

6. Buzzclaw

Buzzclaw Combatibot

Ebay:
    Sunbow/Target 2006 Galvy is just Megs in a new body
    Galvatron II is literally Archforce/Megatron's Clone/Straxus
    I would not be adverse to a continuity where Galvatron and Megatron are brothers

7. Ramberk Magnus

Ramberk Magnus Well-Known Member

Agreed. I didn’t like losing G1 Megatron just so we could have G1 Galvatron. The best case scenario was getting both through cloning, time travel or some other explanation.

If Galvatron imprisoned Megatron, for whatever reason, you’d have nice tension of Megatron eventually freeing himself and getting revenge. And you’d have nice tension of the season 1-2 Decepticons not completely trusting Galvatron.

Ultimately marketing is the main factor on how these stories played out but it’s always nice to imagine how things could have played out differently. And maybe they will with the new Netflix series!

8. NaCl

NaCl Fry cook

I prefer them separate, actually. In G1 Sunbow I always pitied him more than anything because Megatron was cunning, devious, and strategic. Galvatron was a danger to himself and others more than anything, which is better done if the character is played for laughs. Ice King from Adventure Time is the better example of "crazy and powerful, but ultimately incompetent".

9. Afigitus the Wanderer

Afigitus the Wanderer Active Member

Has anybody watched the '86 movie and noticed that Megatron and Galvatron were basically the same, other than the appearance and voice, but Galvatron became insane, impulsive, and had an annoying voice in Season 3?

What made Galvatron insane like that?

10. DelialFallen

DelialFallen Well-Known Member

Facebook:
    Twitter:
    YouTube:
    I've always thought of Galvatron as Megatron reborn, having basically the same personality in TF TM.

He sustained some permanent damage resulting from his battle with Rodimus Prime. It could be from being thrown through Unicron's head into space, from crashing into the plasma, for staying submerged too long in the plasma, or a combination of all, or something entirely different.

I personally don't know what did it precisely.

11. AutobotAvalanche

AutobotAvalanche Number One in Boogieland Moderator

News Credits:
    He took a spa day in dangerous plasma after getting thrown out of Unicron. The Decepticons have to rescue him from it in the beginning of S3.

12. Afigitus the Wanderer

Afigitus the Wanderer Active Member

How did Galvy's plasma bath drive him insane like that?

I wonder if Megatron would be like, "Do I really become this nut case? Even I have standards."

13. Hail Galvatron

Hail Galvatron Well-Known Member

It fried his meta processor.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Signalflare

Signalflare Icebear Is Icebear

I never had season 3 or 4 as a kid nor any of the comics so i can only go by the 86 movie. I've always just thought of Galvatron as Megatron in a new more advanced body. During Starscream's coronation scene he all but says that he is still Megatron with the "here's a hint" line. At least for the movie Galvatron seems to have the same personality and memories as Megatron.

Last edited: Apr 22, 2019
  15. blast47

blast47 Well-Known Member

since i'm stuck on G1 continuity; I've always thought they were the "same" person, just an upgrade - at least until he started going a bit insane..

16. Lovecraft

Lovecraft Blue=Sarcasm; Purple=Snarkcasm

I prefer Galvatron as having a Megatron origin, side by side or blow for blow with Megatron through time travel.

17. Starforce

Starforce Banned

THIS SO TOTALLY THIS FOR SURE

GALVATRON BE A SOULESS REVENANT CROSSED WITH A LICH

Hes lost his soul but has his memories and personality intact

He has lost a vital part of the person he was originally

Hes basically megatrons rage and hate and anger and self loathing coupled with his inner darkness and unleashed upon creation as a souless monstrosity

He has megatrons life experiences. And a copy of his subconciouse mind but galvatron is essentually a newborn undead lich

Think darth vader crossed with skeletor and you get the general idea where im going with this

• Like Like x 2
  18. Signalflare

Signalflare Icebear Is Icebear

That's actually pretty epic

19. pilot00

pilot00 Well-Known Member

Τhe mind, memories and spark are the same.

What distinguishes them is the mental trauma Galvatron suffered on Thrull from the plasma encasing his meta processor and the fact that prior to his reformatting, for the first time he witnessed defeat and was so close to death. Hence his reaction to deal with Starscream once and for all. Never had Starscream ever came so close to finish him off for good. That was unthinkable for Megatron and thats why he kept him around (also the fact that he was the stronger/most able warrior after him ofc).

Had Unicron simply repaired him, his reaction to Starscream would have been the same. It was more of a character evolution than mental state. Although he was more brutal in general after his experiences. Which included the N1 sin you could do to Megs: Enslave him.

The reformatting and the link with Unicron has no bearing to all of this. Its never stated anywhere(Sunbow wise) and Megatron (and all s1 cast) were already reformatted by Teletraan1 and no side effects on their personalities were mentioned.

• Like Like x 1
  20. gibdozer

gibdozer Love Gun

Im thinking this is an issue of semantics in the use of reformatted. There is a clear distinction between being repaired and "reformatted" into a new being. I suppose it would be more correct in this instance to say transformed but that feels redundant.

Regardless of how you interpret the language or your concept of the relationship between Galvatron and Megatron. The Arks repairs seem elementary compared to what Unicron was able to perform.