g1 Devestator help

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Golden Age, Feb 25, 2006.

1. Golden Age

Golden Age BATTLE BEAST

Hi,

I bought a used g1 Devestator and im having a little bit of difficulty with it. I have attached the chestplate to a little nub that comes out of Hook(crane and Devestators chest), however when I look at the underside of the chestplate it seems like there are three places for a nub to go in, and a slot that is supposed to fit into the front of Long Haul(dump truck and Devestators stomach). The chestplate cannot reach, and would also angle if I tried to connect all these points. What is the correct way to attach his chestplate?

thanks!

2. Soundblaster1

Soundblaster1 The Heisenberg of Toys

News Credits:
    I'll get my Knockoff and post pics in a sec

EDIT camera's battery died. I'd try to explain but it is kinda hard without pics

3. planetjacker

planetjacker Critters burn real good. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    On mine I use the top left hole (from the back) and the slot is not inserted into Long Haul.

4. Motor_Master

Motor_Master Lets the balls touch

News Credits:
    Ironically not all Long hauls came with the notch in the chest for the shield. When I got my Devastator giftset back in the day I cut a slot in his chest because mine didn't have one.

The official instructions have the chestplate connected to hook and not to long haul:

http://www.tfracetrack.com/instructions/g1/decepticon/devastator.jpg

5. GigatronSama

GigatronSama Mr. Insomnia Veteran

you use the top hole. The rest are to attach the chestplate to the back of scrapper in vehicle mode. Devestator's parts can be put on the constructicons in vehicle mode rather than just set aside like later combiner teams.