G1 concept art toy Megatron

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by mrprime222000, Sep 14, 2016.

1. mrprime222000

mrprime222000 Well-Known Member

Hey there guys, I was just looking through TFwiki and I stumbled upon the concept art for G1 Megatron's toy (the original design before the design was finalized, not sure why Hasbro used that design but whatever) And I really would like to own that toy. I didn't want to put this in toys since it isn't a real toy, but I would really love for this guy to be made. What about you guys? Would you love a G1 style toy based on this design?

Attached Files:

2. Bumblebee2000

Bumblebee2000 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Looks alright, the legs are certainly an improvement. Is this where the Marvel Megatron got his black helmet from?

3. CaptainSlayer

CaptainSlayer Bayfomer Fan

I've never seen the toy they actually released so I don't know the difference between the finalized one and this one. However, I don't own any merchandise from G1, so yes, I would love a G1 toy based on this design. Hell, any design. Just get me one. :ev: 

4. Ryan F

Ryan F Transform and Roll Out! TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    This is also the source of the idea that Megatron has the barrel sticking up on his back, rather than to his side like the retail version of the toy.

I like the fact that the section just forward of the trigger finger-guard flips up onto the ab section (on the actual toy, this stuck out of his groin area quite prominently!).

On the negative side, I think the head we got is better than this one (more menacing), and those fists look like they are separate pieces (like Optimus Prime's fists), whereas the retail version had fists that retracted into the arms.