G1 Collecting Again (Sort of) . . . .

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Superquad7, May 27, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Superquad7

Superquad7 OCP Police Crime Prevention Unit 001 Super Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Yeah, I sure am. The good thing is that those little dudes aren't hard to come by or expensive. It's just a matter of tracking them down. :) 

I wish you well with the Pretenders. Personally, as long as I have the inner robots and all of their accessories, I'm happy. I always loved the robots because they look very "Cybertronian", and I can even see myself getting the Deceptions because they're monsters. The Autobots and their "human" shells were always one of the stupidest things to me. At least Action Masters were all robots. :lol 

2. Foster

Foster Haslab Victory Saber Backer #3 Veteran

News Credits:
    Good luck with the Pretenders! I do like how they were animated in Masterforce. I saw them as more agile and dextrous once out of their shells, thanks to the lack of heavy and bulky alternate mode kibble.

I do need to get started with a collection thread and I've also pledged to contribute photos to the Resources section for the Japanese toys. I'm in the midst of a huge Reprolabels restoration/paint touch-up project of about 150 TFs as well. They want to get their Sunday best on before they're photographed! :lol 

3. Hotspot17

Hotspot17 Search and Rescue: Vet

News Credits:
    Actually, I was debating about helping out with that since I got a good number of the figures. But that will depend if I have enough free time for it or not due to starting a new job on Monday.

4. Superquad7

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Speaking of reprolabels, I recently finished up the repair jobs to my G1 Prowl, Bluestreak, Smokescreen, Swoop, and Sideswipe. The 84-85 cars got their roofs and windows repaired and new labels, and Swoop got his beak back!

5. Superquad7

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    So now I'm 50% on my deluxe Insecticons :) 

I received Chop Shop today from an ebay auction. The seller already told me of a breakage to one of his head antennae and even lowered the price. :)  I essentially got him for $14 or so :)  The antennae doesn't look too hard to repair, so I have a superglue venture tonight. Hopefully I'll be able to restore a G1 bot :lol /sarcasm

My only gripe with Chop Shop is that his legs just transform absolutely absurdly. Otherwise, I regret not picking him (and Venom) up sooner :) 

6. Foster

Foster Haslab Victory Saber Backer #3 Veteran

News Credits:
    I think you're up to the task. :lol 

I finally, FINALLY completed my Roadbuster:

[​IMG]

7. Superquad7

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Yeah, it's actually past tense now :lol  I've even Futured all of the joints so he won't be so loose now. When I get home in the morning after work, I can just reassemble him, and instant G1 goodness :) 

I bet RB has been quite a quest completing, eh?

It reminds me of when I was getting back into collecting. I had RB as a kid and LOVED the toy. One day, I took him with me while going with Mom to yardsales and broke his arm! ARGH! When I went to Botcon 2K1, I was able to find a junker RB that had the arm intact. If it says anything about my meticulousness as a kid, I have Robot Points for each of my TFs.

One would also note my verb tense there, too :) 

I give you a heartfelt CONGRATS, buddy :) 

8. Superquad7

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    I've got a TM Slugslinger coming this week from a board member that I'm pretty excited about :) 

Last edited: Jul 13, 2009
  9. Superquad7

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Yesterday I completed a trade for one of the figures I have been looking for: G1 Bumper! The arms are a little loose (anyone have a fix for this?), and I need to probably replace the tires, but otherwise he's in really good shape. :) 

I also won a complete G1 Ransack this weekend, so hopefully he'll be here soon. I'll only need to get a G1 Barrage to have my deluxe Insecticons knocked out. :) 

10. Dormamu

Dormamu I am Broot.

News Credits:
    Trust me buddy, if I had half the G1 collection you have, I'd be a happy boy. So far I've been very satisfied with finding the pieces from the trades and member threads on here in the last few months. Money is always the issue, but I figure, "hey, I waited 25 years for some of these figures, whats a few more?"

But I'm behind you 100% on trying to complete a collection of awesome. Case in point:

Seriously, just looking at this makes me weep. I just got a TM Hot Rod myself, and he's just too cool for the room.

Awesome update, and the best part is, I get to see this up close sometime soon!

Patience and perseverance pays off.

11. flywheels

flywheels Decepticon Assault Team Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Slugslinger? So jealous! Looks like your G1 collection is trucking right along!

12. Superquad7

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    I just got him today! He's really nice, too :) 

13. Superquad7

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Among a few things, I got this today:

[​IMG]

pred4ever gave this to me with my recent deal with him. I spent about 15 minutes putting it together tonight, and was completely taken back to when I saw this thing as a kid. I remember seeing it in the store and thinking it was cool, but just never pressed for getting it then. Still to this day, it's odd how much the oldskool art really fuels me :) 

I also got Ransack today. The one I got is really nice, and I got a good deal for it. I am pretty happy :) 

Soon, I hope to have some really good news for my G1 collecting ventures . . . . :) 

14. Metroplex79

Metroplex79 Hey mouse, say cheese!

Well keep your hands away from the Jumpstarters!!! They're mine!!! You can have the Battlechargers instead. :p 

For those of you with the good score, congrats...I need that accessory for Caliburst to make mine complete...oy.

Sooooooooo jealous of your pic Easterling Cap

15. Superquad7

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    The Jumpstarters and Battlechargers are both in my collection, 3/4 have been there since they came out :) 

As for Caliburst, I recently was able to get a complete one :)  Only Misfire remains . . . .

16. Dran0n

Dran0n miss me w/ that

News Credits:
    Nice! Hope you can track them down! My g1 collection is TINY. I had Cliffjumper and Bumblebee :lol 

17. Superquad7

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    So after many years of either searching or simply not having the money, I now have Apeface! He came in today, and I've had a ton of fun with him already :)  His back[pack] bothers me though, as mine won't stay up in robot mode. The figure is really nice, though, and I'm thrilled to have him now :) 

18. Metroplex79

Metroplex79 Hey mouse, say cheese!

I didn't mean I was didn't have them. I have a small squad of Topspins and Twin Twists, hoping to get a few more on the cheap.

Mine too, I had to make him lean against the wall of my shelf. If I had the space, I'd keep him in jet mode.

19. AMG

AMG Old School

Congrats Superquad7! Nice pick up.

20. Superquad7

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Gotcha. While funny (I got a good chuckle :lol ), your op wasn't most clear. I got both of them as a kid, and still thoroughly love em.

I do have a few more Twin Twists here though :poke 

From what I understand, it's a common problem created by a poor transformation design. I'll have to do the same once he's in his display space, whenever and where that will be . . . .

Thanks, buddy! I have really wanted this figure for quite some time as Snapdragon went on solo missions for far too long. I recently picked up a second tail fin for SD in hopes that it's the right one. Triblechanger Headmasters are possibly complete now :) 

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.