G1 Blaster Copyright Variation Question

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by G1 Cassette Hunter, May 16, 2020.

1. G1 Cassette Hunter

G1 Cassette Hunter Hunting the Elusive G1 Cardbacks

News Credits:
    ***Notice - not looking for opinions of the sellers, only using the listing as graphic examples of my inquiry & do not in any way mean whom will be purchased from***

So, I came across something that I did not have in regards to G1 Blaster. I have removable back & solid back versions of him. However, it seems there was a point where retooling occurred in regards to the copyright marks for both versions, retooling over only the 1974 of the "1974, 1984" copyright marks. What was confusing me, I have only ever seen this associated with the additional retool of the country of manufacture. However, Japan remains with these retools, removing them from potential official China releases. Anyone have thoughts on the origins of this retool?

Vintage Transformers Autobot Blaster G1 Hasbro 1984 Boombox Hasbro | eBay - removable door

Blaster - 1985 Vintage Hasbro G1 Transformers Action Figure Boombox | eBay - solid back