G1 bits good for animated?

Discussion in 'Transformers Animated Discussion' started by Moroni Prime, Mar 20, 2008.

1. Moroni Prime

Moroni Prime #TFYLP Podcast

News Credits:
    With all this bliss that is known as transformers animated, it reminds me greatly of the kind of stories and characters that we'd get years ago. This has got me to wonder recently, What ideas from Generation 1 could concievably work in animated?

For instance, take the supervillains of the series. They're a major focus of the series, for the first time in over 20 years. This is nice and all, but why bring in only new villains? What is wrong with bringing in such characters as Dr. Archeville, he's a prime candidate right there. His figure was released in MP Starscream (called "the pilot" in the US release). He was part of one of the largest mini-arc's of season 2, and now that we have the starscream character back in recent years, they'd make the perfect team.

Also, they've brought in headmaster technology via "the headmaster" as seen just saturday. Now that this has become available, what's to stop the decepticons OR the autobots from using it to their advantage? Perhaps Prime and the others could better interact with the humans and their environments as the headmaster robots and connect to the larger bodies when needed. Think Headmasters/Masterforce. Not to mention, it would aid in "Cybertrons ongoing efforts to conserve energon" by not using the larger bodies all the time. Who knows, we know prowl and others can use holograms, perhaps they could disguise the smaller headmaster bodies using holograms to appear as humans (pretenders). The downside to this however is that it would be bringing back a gimmick into the line, and we just recently got away from things like that, what with mincons, stars, planet keys, clovers and blue moons, pots of gold and rainbows, and the red balloons. lulz

Another idea to consider as well, It would seem that in animated, the whole Primus origin thingy is downplayed or non-existant (not to say that it might not turn up later, too soon to tell). We know in this series that there are aliens (Alien robots on earth, duh!), so why not bring in a force just as villainy as the super villains, only more corrupt, the Quintessons. Perhaps not alot of them, as that would be overkill, but a handfull, a small crew or something. Or perhaps they could be a few higher ranked quints in charge of a bunch of drones akin to beast machines drones? It'd be kinda neat to see the autobots and decepticons team up out of desperation and necessity again. The only times we've seen this that come to mind are in G1 a few times, and then in the latter portion of armada.

These are just a few ideas floating around my tired brain at 4am, but tired or not, some of these might work if integrated into animated imho. What do you all think of these, can you come up with any others that might work too? ones I haven't thought of yet?

2. Julliant

Julliant This space for rent.

I really wished G1 Blitzwing became an Autobot in season 3. With the new incarnation of him I doubt it's possible.

Here's my idea though:

3. Magelite

Magelite I make stupid look good

I'd rather see original stories in Animated, rather than rehash old ones.

4. IronicHide

IronicHide MEME GO HERE

Second vote for new stories, here.

The occassional nod is good.

But... G1 bits in animated?
    How about, as a nod, let's have all the animation continuity guys do their job after spiking their coffee with 'mistake powder' for one episode for that real, affectionate, shoddy, 'whoops-too-many-Starscreams-and-coneheads-fly-backwards' G1 feel.

Or kill off all the best characters - Prowl, Bulkhead, Blitzwing and Lockdown - with a feature-length episode so that new product can be launched. Yay, Springer!

Though a TFA Lord Chumley would be doable.

5. trebleshot

trebleshot www.Toyark.com Veteran

News Credits:
    I'm all for new stories, but that doesn't mean they can't bring back other G1 characters, and not just Transformers.

Give me a new Circuit Breaker, GB Blackrock, Zarak, Galen (even if the last couple are kids a la Daniel).

And of course, Dr. Archeville and Lord Chumley (as others mentioned).

Just stay away from crazy ladies who fall in love with out-of-scale A-10s.

6. Caine

Caine Rise up to the glory!!

News Credits:
    Yes for Zarak @ TFA.

7. Gordon_4

Gordon_4 The Big Engine

News Credits:
    I'm actually rather fond of the idea of using an idea and reworking it so its less absurd and workable. Take for example, Kremzeek.

Instead of being a living piece of electricity its in fact a filename like kremzeek.win32.klez.a for a virus developed by either Meltdown or Headmaster (those two being the only human villains so far with the intellect to do so) to infect and destroy Cybertronian and Cybertronian-based software or hardware.

New stories are fantastic, don't get me wrong but a logical reworking can be cool too.

8. swarlock

swarlock Autobot Supporter

I'm all for new stories too. As for the human villians of the 80's show. One was seen recently in the Soundwave debut who looked like Dr Archeville.

Unless there's a real need for it I'll stick to just the G1 nods.

9. Moroni Prime

Moroni Prime #TFYLP Podcast

News Credits:
    if you're talking about the guy at the hotdog vender-bot, I compared, and I don't see the resemblance except that it's an old gangly guy with big bald spot.

10. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Veteran

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    Dr Archeville would be a great villain in the show, except I think Meltdown has taken his role as the "mad scientist experimenting because he can".

I'm thinking we may see more Headmasters, true Headmasters, down the road, after seeing the whole thing about the Headmaster last week. There's too much about that design to be a coincidence, and the fact the head looks kinda like Scorponok already makes me feel we're seeing some early buildup to it in a couple of season's time.

11. Astrokreep

Astrokreep Member

Yeah I agree with this. A few references is always nice, but that's all I'd want personally.