G1 air episodes on DVD?

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Batman, Jan 7, 2008.

1. Batman

Batman The Dark Knight TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I am sure this is a stupid question, but are there DVDs of the G1 episodes that aired on television with all the corrected animation mistakes and original audio? Or are all the various box sets based off of the same material as the Rhino ones were?

2. Johnator

Johnator 'Til All Are Gone!

As far as I know they are the same as the Rhino ones unless there is a set I don't know about.

3. Chaos Prime

Chaos Prime Combaticon

Some of the sound effects have been changed, I know that. But other then that, little has changed.

4. JonnyT

JonnyT Well-Known Member

The mistakes seen in Rhino's episodes were mostly restricted to season one, although there are a few season two and three episodes with mistakes too, although nothing like the huge mistakes seen in the first season.

When Transformers season one was first released by Maverick on R2 DVD in the UK, in three separate volumes, these discs contained exactly what you're looking for - the original corrected animation and unaltered soundtrack. Maverick also released a season one boxset, but although that uses the original video, the audio is taken from Rhino's set, complete with the 'fake' 5.1 sounds added over the soundtrack.