G1 '84/'85 remolds...

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Autobot Meister, Jan 22, 2012.

1. Autobot Meister

Autobot Meister Well-Known Member

If you wanted to build an '84/'85 remold collection, what figures would you use from the Classics, Universe and Generations lines? I'm somewhat of a noob but I know that there are a few different molds of the same character within those lines such as Optimus and Bumblebee. Thanks for your help.

2. QmTablit

QmTablit BotBot in the what, I said BotBot in the what

I don't understand what you're asking. You want... retooled figures of characters from the first and second seasons of The Transformers... as Classics figures?

3. Kevin XI

Kevin XI Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    He means what versions of the figures in those lines would make your 84/85 lineup. right? Like the classics voyager Prime or the one in the Ultimate Battle pack with Megatron, for example. I use the voyager, myself.

4. QmTablit

QmTablit BotBot in the what, I said BotBot in the what

... I guess.

I go Henkei across the board. I have Classics Voyager Optimus displayed as the Optimus Prime clone on my shelf. And while I have the 7 Henkei released Seekers, I have the Hasbro released ones on my shelves as well as those generic miscolored Seekers.

5. CVprowl

CVprowl Done

ill try to help, i was a noob once too. :)  here's a few that stick out to me.

Henkei - Hound (better green paint), Astrotrain (purple color)

United - Jazz (much better looking color and paint)

generally the Henkei and United figures are more expensive, and have better paint. Some of the prices for even the USA releases have been getting out of hand recently however.

i have saved a place in my collection for the upcoming release of Ironhide and Ratchet by IGear ($110 shipped each). I think they blow the Universe/Henkei mold out of the water, but they haven't been released yet.

TFC just released their 6 constructicons (around $100 each) that are probably the ultimate Devastator set we'll ever see.

Perfect Effect released an awesome 3 piece Reflector set.

Fansproject released the 3 insecticons that i love, about $50 each.

to get the best versions of these characters you'll have to go 3rd party for some. hope that helps a bit. :) 

6. Billzilla

Billzilla Skepticon

News Credits:
    Well, all G1 Hasbro Bumblebees are the same mold (Cliffjumper, too. Same head and everything), there's just a yellow with white stripes, yellow with black stripes, and more of an orangey with black stripes. There's also Generations WFC Bumblebee, representing his cybertronian self. It's a decent toy, although mighty tall for a bumblebee.

For Optimus I personally use iGear's Faith Leader. It's an unofficial toy, and pricey, but it's in proper alt mode scale with classics deluxe cars (1/33ish), while most people's pick, Henkei (or classics) Voyager Prime, is in scale with scout class cars (1/48ish). It's not that important to some, but it made the difference for me.

7. Autobot Meister

I want to keep the cost down, I just bought a house and can't really shell out $100 per figure. I have almost all of the Classics that were released in '06-'07 and would like to work around those.
    I just picked up Generations Thrust and Dirge...still hunting for Thundercracker.

I still get confused with multiple releases of the same character. For example Classics Universe 2.0 seems to have two versions of Hound. I would like to know which version is closer to G1, for example.

8. Autobot Meister

This is what I came up with. Does it look right?

Generations:
    Red Alert
    Warpath
    Wheeljack
    Dirge
    Thrust
    Thundercracker

RTS:
    Jazz
    Grapple
    Perceptor
    Tracks
    Windcharger

Universe Classics 2.0
    Hound
    Ratchet
    Inferno
    Ironhide
    Powerglide
    Prowl
    Sideswipe
    Silverstreak
    Smokescreen
    Sunstreaker
    Starscream

9. Grimlock_13

Grimlock_13 Currently facepalming at your post

News Credits:
    Unless you're confusing the Henkei version as the second release (which wasn't released in the US, that's the Japanese version), the only other toy of Hound released in the 2008 Universe line was Legends Class, which is a completely different toy and much smaller than the deluxe.