Future Titans

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by myrrh, Oct 4, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WishfulThinking

WishfulThinking "Don't touch it! It's Zvil!"

News Credits:
    2020 -Scorponok
    2021 - Omega Sentinel would be appealing as the colors would match Countdown's rocket base.
    2022 - Metrotitan with retooled parts to accommodate the current ramp system makes oodles of sense right now.
    2023 - Lio Kaiser was popular enough to get a surprise Hasbro release, albeit somewhat disappointingly half-arsed. A titan-class edition would be sweet.
    2024 - Black Zarak is a #1 fan request, both here and in Japan due to the fact the original has some serious GPS issues.
    2025 - Raiden needs food badly.
    2026 - Brave Maximus to finish off the Maximus brothers for the Robots in Disguise 25th anniversary in 2021.
    2027 - Primus finally gets his due as a companion piece to Unicron.

• Like Like x 1
  2. iacon45

iacon45 Missing: One Custom Title

News Credits:
    I'd like to see Armada Tidal Wave or Sky Lynx as the next new mold Titan.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Easterling Capt

Easterling Capt I am Vern Schillinger

Ebay:
    Dont think much more iconic Titans are to be made. It is easy for ones own desire..but some suggestion in this thread are just a bit loony.

I say the biggest chance to be made is Tidal wave the rest is doubtfull. I wont buy a Tidalwave due to he is not G1.

• Like Like x 3
  4. orangeitis

orangeitis All orange, all the time. Looks infectious.

News Credits:
    I'd think all 5 Dinobots would be too big for a Titan price point boxed set. Remember, there were 5 Predacons that were no bigger than a typical Voyager, if a tad bulky. Each Dinobot sans maybe Swoop is Ultra Magnus size. They'd be huge.

Though maybe a 3-Dinobot set at the Titan price point...? Grimlock, Sludge, Snarl. That way, they could come with all their accessories and probably a bit more, not to mention better tooling and quality.

5. Wh33l JcK

Wh33l JcK Well-Known Member

I figure Dinobots would require less parts though, especially when you look at Devy, which had 6 figures instead of 5, and the Dino’s would not require combiner hands or feet.

I feel the Dinobots in general call for less parts than a car bot.

6. MasterScale

MasterScale Well-Known Member

I'll say it again: +1 for Black Zarak!

• Like Like x 1
  7. StrifeZ

StrifeZ Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    I think rather than go to obscure Japanese characters (which I'd love to see made), the Ark or Nemesis (I'd love to see it) or do Combiners (they won't), they'll cycle back and do a new Metroplex and a new Fortress Maximus. Maximus is by far the better of the two, but Metroplex, while great, was very much a "we're relearning how to make big transformers again" toy. I think they'd want to take a second pass at it. Also it (and Fortress Maximus) were built the size they are to be billed as "the biggest Transformer ever", but their size made them a bit bigger than is "compatible" with Trypticon, Omega and presumably Scorponok, who I expect will be closer to Omega than Fortress Maximus.

Also if the 2020 combiner is Scorponok, the next Titan won't be out until October 2021. That'll make it nearly 9 years since Metroplex. So I expect another pass.

I still say they should have had the Earthrise Titan be "the Ark" - a semi-walless, partsforming playset-base that can be reconfigured a bunch of different ways (drawing on the play plattern of Ironworks and the new Micromaster bases), and one of the modes it could partsform into would be a "Teletraan I Defense Mode" super robot. The Ark wouldn't be able to be flown around as a ship, but would have the iconic engines, Teletraan I computer, a science lab, medbay, hallway, defense area and so forth. Scornponok should be part of WFC 3.

Basically something like this, but with more customability, and for Transformers. And the ark.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  8. Feralstorm

Feralstorm To Infinity - and Your Mom TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Tidal Wave and a WFC Dinobots non-combiner set are both neat ideas, though I'd probably be satisfied with Commander class for Tidal Wave.

I keep hoping for an Ark ship toy, in the design (if not the actual style, but that would be cool too) of TF:Animated Omega Supreme.

9. analogue

analogue 01110111 01100101 01100010 TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    As a, likely unrealistic, wishlist I’d like to see:

1. Overlord: the TR and Legends ones were both gray, but a tad small. He’s not a dirty former, but he is a rather large base and is supposed to be a huge imposing figure.
    2. Liokaiser: proper this time, with 6 bots and breastforce animals.
    3. Monstructer/Dinoking: 6 bots again. Would love to see pretender shells, but unlikely I think.

But, I have to agree with others that think the Titan price point will probably be phased out after Scorponok. Maybe they’ll squeeze out a Sky Lynx, if they don’t make him Commander class, but otherwise I think any likely candidates lack the popularity necessary to support.

I could see some repaints though, Generations Select Titans maybe? Like an Omega sentinel, maybe Black Zarak? But if they went that route there are only two repaints I would want:

G2 Devastator and G2 Devastator in orange. I’d buy those in a heartbeat!

• Like Like x 1
  10. SG Roadbuster

SG Roadbuster SG Wrecker

News Credits:
    2021 is the 25th anniversary of Beast Wars. Give.l me a Titan class Majin Zarak or Grand Mal Megatron.

2021 is also the 20th anniversary of Car Robots, I'd settle for a Brave Max repaint of Fort Max.

11. Imperator

Imperator It has all been most interesting.

I mean, the critical problem that this thread is largely forgetting is that these things need to sell. Obscure characters don't sell. Sorry.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Electro Rush

Electro Rush Just a guy waiting for the perfect Whirl

I want all of the previous combiners redone in titan scale. Superion, Menasor, Defensor, Bruticus, etc.

13. Soundwavelover2004

Soundwavelover2004 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    YouTube:
    Tidal wave

14. myrrh

myrrh Knell-Mown Wember

News Credits:
    ...i think a few of the more-iconic starships might be suitable analogs for future titan-class releases, provided that they each transformed into large playsets incorporating several vignette scenes from their respective craft...
    • the ark / the nemesis
    • the axalon / the darksyde
    • autobot shuttle / quintesson cruiser
    ...straight-up playsets i think would prove less-suitable to the established titan-class form-factor: i'd adore a spacebridge playset, for example, but that feels more like a haslab thing than a mass-retail titan release despite its iconic nature...

15. Aimless Misfire

Aimless Misfire ...

News Credits:
    Right now all I want is to buy my Generations Metroplex back & make a custom Metrotitan.

I'll get the inevitable Scorponok but I was never a fan of him so I don't really care. I prefer Black Zarak.

I just bought Hasbro's Omega Supreme. Then I bought Wei Jiang's Omega Drone-1. Hasbro's is a pathetic piece of shit compared to Wei Jiang's. Wei Jiang's has lights, speaks lines from the show & has a motorized tank that drives around a giant track. Hasbro's has nothing but a really big price tag. But I don't regret the purchase because I want to make a custom Decepticon Energon Driller complex out of him.

I would like a Tidal Wave, that would be AWESOME!

As I posted in the Haslab Unicron thread, I really want a new Metroplex that's twice the size of the Generations with a better transformation. I really hate how there is nothing you can do with the arms & hands in vehicle mode. Generations Metroplex is a really shitty mold & they could have done so much better. At the very least make the damn hands fold into the arms.:mad:  His waist is too tiny & he has no ankle tilt. Really disappointed with it but so far he's the only player in town. So it'll have to do.

I REALLY wanted the oversized Maketoys Utopia & was pissed when it got cancelled or whatever happened to it.:( :cry 

Last edited: Oct 5, 2019
  16. EarthGBilly

EarthGBilly Sucker for a GERWALK Mode

Wheelie.

(Someone had to say it.)

Seriously, though, I don't buy Titan class in general because I don't have that kinda room.

That said...

... you guys that have been suggesting Sky Lynx have my attention. I skipped the CW version because of the size and the fact that that it didn't allow the bird and cat modes to separate. Produce a Titan size Space Shuttle that can transform into a bird and a lynx? Sign me up!

17. Xaran Alamas

Xaran Alamas Well-Known Member

Bumblebee, he's been in every other size class at this point.

In seriousness though, some of the IDW Titans could work. The difficulty is a alot of them are not that different to Metroplex, like Caminus is largely the same general skeleton with different dressing so I'm just going to focus on the ones who would be more than redressing Metroplex
    - Chela - Transformers Wiki , Titan of Eukaris. A giant phoenix/golden bird, would be VERY different than anything we've got so far.
    - Navitas - Transformers Wiki , Titan of Velocitron. Has the bonus that they could base him on his modern appearance where rather than a spaceship he's been adapted into a giant rolling city to keep ahead of the radiation waves that bathe the planet.
    - Vigilem - Transformers Wiki Has a very stocky build and a distinct spaceship mode compared to the other Titans.

Those are just what come to mind right now.

• Like Like x 3
  18. KFGatri

KFGatri Madman with a Blue Box

Ebay:
    Maybe Star Convoy? The Selects version is cool, but it overlooks the base mode. It could come with a redeco of CW Rodimus as Micromaster Hot Rodimus.

Or Galaxy Shuttle, with some base elements.

I really don't like combiners being done in Titan size. That's just too big IMO - Titan should be for basebots. I wouldn't mind some Commander-class gestalts, though.

Last edited: Apr 12, 2020
    • Like Like x 3
  19. LongarmMagnus

LongarmMagnus The fourth Jointron brother

I'd buy a dinobot set similar to Predaking just to get all voyager sizes.

GEN selects could do Dinoking/Monstructor repaints from the dinobots. Most likely Dinoking since they focus on Japanese media

Or Raiden

20. kaijuguy19

kaijuguy19 Keyblade Wielder

News Credits:
    I can get behind this. It's a great way to expand the Titan class line well after the original G1 line up and beyond.

• Like Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.