Future/Potential Transformers Shows

Discussion in 'Transformers Earthspark and Cartoon Discussion' started by Thomas More, Jun 14, 2021.

?

Which Transformers Show would you like to see in the future?

Poll closed Jun 21, 2021.
  1. A Live-Action/Movie Tie-In

18.2%
  2. Shattered Glass

18.2%
  3. IDW's 2005-18 Continuity

18.2%
  4. Post-Apocalyptic/Post-Great War

54.5%
  5. Spotlight Character Spin-Off

54.5%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Thomas More

Thomas More "Arise, Rodimus Prime" - Optimus Prime

There are so many Transformers Shows that we have seen, for better or for worst. But in the grand scheme of things, Hasbro/Takara have been giving us different styles of the franchise for over 37 years. From every G1, there is a Beast Wars. To the heart-warmth of Animated, to the Edgy/Awesomeness of Prime. And with the WFC Trilogy Netflix show concluding with Kingdom, its time that I start wondering this: What other Transformers Show that didn't happened yet, Sure there's G3, Transtech, and a possible Direct/Faithful sequel to Prime. But I'm talking about Shows that haven't gotten the small screen treatment. So what Transformers show would you like to see in the future?

Last edited: Jun 14, 2021
  2. WolverineDragon

WolverineDragon Banned

Transformers Rescue Bot Adventures!

I would like to an animated take on Shattered Glass. Having the norms switched around for an animated serious would be a fresh of breath air in my opinion. I always thought SG had the potential to become a good animated series if Hasbro were to pursue it as a project. I'm hoping the SG figures they are selling on Pulse would be successful enough for them to consider such a concept. I like transformers cartoons as much as the next TF fan, but having a show with the cons being good guys, and the autobots as the bad guys would be stellar.

• Like Like x 2
  3. CyberstormSM

CyberstormSM Turbo-Revvin' Young Punk

News Credits:
    YouTube (Custom URL):
    I'd kinda like to see a live-action film tie-in series. Optimus says that "there are other Autobots scattered across the galaxy" in Bumblebee, and I think it'd be fun to have a Clone Wars-styled series where we actually get to see the war being fought across the galaxy. The big names like Optimus and Bumblebee probably wouldn't be at the forefront of the series, since they'd be doing whatever they do in the movies, but they could still appear fairly regularly. At the same time, we'd get to explore more obscure characters and see what they're up to during the events of the films.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Thomas More

Kind of like Transformers: Spotlight series or something.

• Like Like x 1
  5. WreckAndRoam

WreckAndRoam Well-Known Member

Instagram:
    Kind of like Beast Wars Neo where it’s a ship going to different planets.

But maybe a bunch of different ships, and they all just have arcs for a couple of episodes before we focus on a ship with a different crew, maybe from a different faction/subfaction and their story arc.

• Like Like x 2
  6. Cliffjumper

Cliffjumper Least insane TF fan

News Credits:
    We already had a live action movie tie in show, cyber missions :rolleyes: . Anyways I feel like a shattered glass show would be the best route instead of another mediocre trilogy of shows.

• Like Like x 1
  7. ScientistMan

ScientistMan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I was going to suggest something like this. Something like Cybertron, MTMTE, or the 2nd half of Cyberverse season 2.

My biggest problem with Shattered Glass is that after the introduction of Good Decepticons/Bad Autobots concept, it just becomes Evil Robots vs Heroic Robots which isn't that different from the franchise status quo.

• Like Like x 2
  8. Rodimal Rodimus

Rodimal Rodimus Agent of Unit:E

Perhaps a Justice League/Young Justice-style show featuring characters from other Hasbro franchises.

9. TheUltimateBum

TheUltimateBum Nautica Lover

Honestly, as long as the show doesn't have Optimus, Megatron, Soundwave, Ironhide or Springer, I'm happy.

Also, I wish we had a show with Rodimus and Shockwave as the head honchos (Roddy being heavily inspired on the Marvel UK version and Shocky being based on Bob Budiansky's version). I feel that they would have a great contrast (one being the emotional, fallible and rather unpredictable everyday bot who uses wisecracks to conceal his insecurity, self-doubt and self-hatred, the other being a completely manipulative, emotionless and imposing presence who always keeps his calm and tries to assess the situation with logic).

• Like Like x 2
  10. Thomas More

Speaking of Bob Budiansky, I would love for him to comeback in the spotlight of the Transformers Universe. And his version of Shockwave is one of my favorites.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Beauman

Beauman Banned

I'd just really like a plot-driven show that isn't enslaved by popular characters being front and center of the story.
    But that would be the complete opposite of what Hasbro wants.

And I'd like some new lore.
    No more crashlanding on Earth.
    No more time travel to earth's past.
    No more civil war on Cybertron.
    No more escaping a homeplanet that's become uninhabitable in spaceships.
    No more Optimus and Megatron knew each other before the war.

Something completely new.

Last edited: Jun 15, 2021
    • Like Like x 4
  12. TheUltimateBum

TheUltimateBum Nautica Lover

Yeah. Even if it is just for a consultant type role, I would love it if they brought him back.

And yes, his Shockwave is still the best version of the character for me.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Runamuck86

Runamuck86 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I dont really want a show about anything originally done by IDW.
    A live action / movie tie in would be fun, especially if they could finish off the unicron story started in TLK.
    Overall i think a great way to showcase a variety of characters and not rely on the same old big names would be a spotlight series.

14. DarkAxalonSyde

DarkAxalonSyde Excessively Angry Decepticon

I really wouldn't want to see anything in those poll options. I don't want the next version of Transformers to be tied to any existing version of the brand, while stories made without the Autobot/Decepticon war tend to be rubbish, more often than not, so I don't want that, either. I guess post-apocalyptic could work, maybe, but I don't have enough confidence in it to vote for it, especially when it's thrown in with post-great war.

15. supernova222

supernova222 junkion

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    i just want a series of based on the spacewarp logs; just her as a carefree pirate bebopping around the galaxy for kicks; hitting alien worlds and transformers colonies and just doing whatever the hell she wants