Future of TF: Prime

Discussion in 'Transformers Earthspark and Cartoon Discussion' started by RoccaDNB, Aug 16, 2011.

1. RoccaDNB

RoccaDNB Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Now, I'm not too ideally informed on WFC and Exodus.

But I've been speculating for a while now.
    So here we go:

What if, Transformers Prime(and the Aligned Continuity, for that matter) could be the prequel, to the Beast Era. Think about it, it's possible. What if in season 3 or 4, they start exploring the idea of introducing Maximals and Predacons. And even the creation of the Golden Disks.

I think that would be awesome, and fill an enormous gap of speculation, for a lot of Beast Wars fans. Also, the term Covenant of Primus was dropped, as well.

What do you guys think?

2. User_93049

User_93049 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    i expect trolls are gonna troll you.

3. Kaymac

Kaymac I'M REALLY FEELIN' IT!

G1 is the prequel. If they made a REBOOT of the Beast Wars, like another version in this continuity, that'd be bad ass, but if they tried to retcon Beast Wars into Aligned? No... just no.

4. AnithaPrime

AnithaPrime TURDUKEN

I've wanted to see BW in TFP for a while, but it just wouldn't work. The stories wouldn't match up since BW gets their premise in G1 and TFP doesn't. But if there was a BW reboot of some kind I'd be all for it.

5. tfmad2010

tfmad2010 Oh Hai Internet!

News Credits:
    A prequel...for a prequel?

6. lordjimmybob

lordjimmybob Well-Known Member

I remember reading in an interview that the Beast Era (as you put it) was included in this continuity. Not sure how they would use it, but since the Beast Wars took place in a space time vortex leading to Earth in the past maybe the Decepticons or Autobots might find Turantulus' lab. There they could read files or whatever and just drop alot of references. Maximals and Predecons are too distant decendants to show up in Prime. However in another interview they said they had some freedom when it comes to accurately portraying past or future events.

7. Nachtsider

Nachtsider Banned

News Credits:
    Dude, come on. People are already struggling to fathom how WFC, Exodus and Prime fit together, and now you want to throw in the Beast Era, too?

8. Sockie

Sockie Veteran

News Credits:
    As others have said, if it was a new Beast Wars, sure. But if it was the exact same one we're all familiar with... no thanks. Wouldn't fit at all.

9. Soulmaster

Soulmaster Well-Known Member

I vote for space-time vortexes that carries a couple of cybertronians to BW dimension, get some info and then come back... :p  xD
    sadly there's not a Cliffjumper (anymore) to put him in there... but someone else could do it :p 

10. Transformed

Transformed 神戸 Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Highly doubtful. As Kaymac has already pointed out, the original show, G1, is Beast Wars prequel.

We probably should take the “aligned continuity” thing so literal. Transformers: War For Cybertron ≠Transformers: Exodus ≠Transformers: Prime. The similarities are limited and the difference great. Without more story from these continuities, it’s hard making them the same story, but perhaps even with more story it’s hard still. Transformers: Prime’s Optimus doesn’t come across as someone who worked in the Achieves of Iacon; if he had, he wouldn’t he know more about Cybertron treasures, synthetic Energon and what not? Important characters like Shockwave, Alpha Trion and Jazz, have big roles in one continuity, but not others. Ideas are borrowed, but that’s about it.

As for the future of this story, I think Transformers: Prime will be its own story with barrowed elements from whatever continuity works. To me, it feels like a reboot of G1 with a lot of similarities, but a lot of differences too.

11. rxlthunder

rxlthunder Banned

News Credits:
    :banghead: 

12. Rexidus

Rexidus Autobot

News Credits:
    Lets leave Beast Wars as an amazing G1 timeline.

That said, I would LOVE if they made some hints that the future of the TF Prime timeline would evolve into a Beast Era generations down the line. I've said it before but I don't want Beast Wars characters to become Autobots or Decepticons. One of the things I love about them is they are generations removed from the Great War. Taking the admittedly fantastic characters and putting them into these factions spoils that for me. See Animated Black Arachnia for example; like the character but feel she's cheapened by her inclusion.

Anyway, ranting aside, if there were an episode where the Predacon Megatron and a couple Preds come back to the past and Optimus Primal & crew follow, I would be so behind that people would think the two of us were one person (as long as they are voiced by the correct actors.. There are only 1 actor who can play those those roles to me.).

13. AnithaPrime

AnithaPrime TURDUKEN

I agree with the second part. as long as they could find a way to do it and have it make sense im all for it

14. Fredo

Fredo Autobot

Noooooooooooooooooooooooo!

15. einis

einis Want some candy?

News Credits:
    Yo dang!I heard you like prequels...

16. shroobmaster

shroobmaster Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Calling it now: Airachnid is Blackarachnia's grandgrandgrandgrandmother

AND BREAKDOWN IS THE GRANDGRANDGRANDGRANDFATHER!!!

17. AnithaPrime

AnithaPrime TURDUKEN

:lol  it makes so much sense!

18. TFW10

TFW10 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    **Nice thought,,,but no.**

Leave G1 and Beast Wars as is,,,,they are great stand alone cartoons.

Although both, G1 and Beast Wars has influenced Prime.

19. Flashdisk

Flashdisk Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I think a new Beast Wars would be needed.

But even then, I don't think it would work so well with Prime. For one, it seems that the autobots and the decepticons have been fighting on the planet earth a lot longer, maybe millions of years earlier.

Isn't it in Darkness Rising, Prime talked about one of the biggest battles out of Cybertron happened on earth? Weren't there battles that have occured in earth's distant past to stockpile energon? Aren't there buried decepticons and gadgetry all around the planet?

If Beast Wars does occur with Maximals and Predacons going into the past, they'd just end up meeting up with the already warring factions of autobots and decepticons of earth's past. I don't think I'd like that scenario.

Maybe they can change somethings though. Maybe make Beast wars occur in the present day. Or maybe Prime's Beast Wars really did occur in the past with early autobots and decepticons having the ability to turn into animals.

20. Evil'Con

Evil'Con Genericon

News Credits:
    No, because Beast Wars are not Transformers. They are........beast.
    I would go with Synthetic Energon in Desepticon hands.
    Like they try to make supertroops, or maybe include it with story of Unicron.
    Like Alpha Trion saw that, and it will happen on exact time with those 47 spheres.
    They couldn't cause it, must be the time determination.