Future of Japanese Transformers toys to be revealed in upcoming Figure Oh! magazine?

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Nevermore, Feb 22, 2006.

1. Prowlus

Prowlus resident goldfish

Like an F-15.. There are 2 jets that look like F-15s hmm Did starscream look like this or this?

2. peteynorth

peteynorth TFW2005 Supporter

I was thinking about the whole 'aimed for older collectors' statement, and realized that it's probably in reference to things we already know:

1) Titatnium/Attacktix - even the transforming non-statues are still closer to collector's items than kid's toys.

2) BWR and the importing of the Primal & Megs BWX molds - young kids know very little about BW.

3) Probably more of the THS series - not something that you'd buy a 6 year old.

4) The currently mainline, Galxy Force, a line mainly for kids, will be ending soon (several months before Cybertron).

5) Classic - A line of toys designed around a 20 year old show unknown to young kids.

I would cite BinalTech, but I've heard/read all sorts of rumors regarding this, and as it's existed since 2004, I probably shouldn't bring it up anyway.

Also, Takara frequently makes comments that fans blow way out of proportion. Usually the comments are overly dramatic and intended to get fans excited, but not this time. I think this one was short, tame and innocuous. Yes, I think we're making a mountain out of a mole hill once again, and I'm just as guilty as anyone.

3. Greyryder

Greyryder Kitbashed

How is the F-15 not a modern jet? Several variants are still in service around the world, including with the U.S. Airforce. It won't be retired for a long time, and the plane that's bumping it from front line service won't be in active duty for a few years yet.

I just hope they didn't go with a two seat version. I hate fighter/bomber Eagles.

4. Scourge_151

Scourge_151 Never gargle the rum. TFW2005 Supporter

I think he probably means not the current generation of fighters like the F-22, MiG 1.44, JSF etc. , after all the F-15 was designed in the 70s. Admittedly they're still in use, and there are newer variants but it's still an old aircraft.
    Hell the B-52 is still in service and its been there for nearly 50 YEARS now!
    I hope they still go with an F15 or SU27 type design because they're faves of mine :D 

5. Omnibus Prime

Omnibus Prime I'm too old for this shit TFW2005 Supporter

:sly2:  Pretty sure we didn't all mistake an F-15, or close approximation, for an F-22. Besides, Energon Starscream already covered that territory.
    F-15s are sexy..and the Neo-Starscream shown at Botcon was damn sexy. So, there you have it. :p 

6. Enigma2K2

Enigma2K2 Robot In Disguise TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Anyone got pics they can share?

7. Napjr

Napjr Mr. Internet Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    for the Neo line? nep, pictures werent allowed during the Hasbro Panel, and unlike other years, it seems this time no one even tried to get em

8. Fort Max

Fort Max Too many is never enough. Veteran

News Credits:
    I think dissapointment lies ahead for many here.

9. artiepants

artiepants Transformers '84!!!

News Credits:
    yeah, i only read there little statement as they were going to MARKET more at older collectors ~ my understanding of the JPN market is that TFs are generally "kiddie" fare

10. artiepants

artiepants Transformers '84!!!

News Credits:
    well, actually there's only gonna be about 6-8 months between the end of CYB and when the Movie line starts, assuming the movie stays on target for July 2007 ~ usually toys for summer movies show up late spring..

actually, the most recent (admitedly rumor) was October... :D 

11. chuckcjc

chuckcjc Wheeljack Engineer Corp.

News Credits:

The one thing I am noticing in my frantic search for GF Soundwave, here in Tokyo is that BT is completely clogging the shelves. All the popular GF characters are completely sold out, leaving only Saidos and pals to warm the pegs. BT is there if full representation, taking up tons of shelving real-estate. I LOVE BT, but I am seeing first hand how its not really selling that well here in Tokyo. BTA especially.

12. strscrm

strscrm GAME BOY ETERNITY

And the B-52 will be in service for about the next 40 years! Eat your heart out, hippies.

Another thought, since thus far we've only heard about the existence of Classic Starscream and Classic Megatron, it may coincide with the Alternators/Binaltech line. Many fans of Alternators/Binaltech, want Megatron and Starscream, and it would be a grave insult if Screamer wasn't a jet and Megs wasn't some type of war machine. Alternators/Binaltech has only done civilian vehicles so far, and may not do military (i.e. jets) vehicles, so the Classic line really might be:

Transformers
    Alternators
    Classic

And for those of you who don't know what an F-15 resembles, look down to my sig. \/

13. David Hingtgen

David Hingtgen Chromaticon

News Credits:
    The F-15 is still one of the most modern, top of the line fighters money can buy. If you follow the industry, you will notice that MANY nations are picking from the following planes for 2010 and later deliveries as their new primary fighter:

EF-2000
    Rafale
    Gripen
    F-15

And the F-15 is getting more orders than anything else lately. Even the cutting-edge Rafale and EF-2000 are losing to it. (man, nobody's buying the Rafale, which is surprising--the Gripen is doing much better than expected) The F-15K and other late variants have avionics as advanced as anything else out there. And far more power than the F-15C. (almost 50% more in the case of the F-15K, they have the power of a Super Flanker now)

Aerodynamically? Well in 2004 they showed that an F-15 could do a full-on tail-slide---something nobody thought it could do and that most current planes still can't. 30+ years old and it's still surprising people with manuevers at airshows. Basically, the US never reveals the full capability, the opposite of most nations. You can assume we've seen Russia show off every move the Super Flanker can possibly do, as well as France and the Rafale---but that we still haven't seen the limits of the F-14/15. And it'll be decades before we know what the F-22 can do.

All in all: The F-15 is still among the most modern and potent planes there is, period. They are still being built and being ordered, and considered even more potent than the best and newest the UK and France have to offer. And to appease Decepticon egos, it's still among the all-time fastest fighters.

14. swarlock

swarlock Autobot Supporter

I concur. Whatever happens is going to happen.

15. KidDynamite

KidDynamite Do good recklessly Veteran

Twitter:

All of that is well and good, but I hope people realize when I said the F-15 is not a modern jet, it was merely for simplicity's sake. Everybody has been assuming that Starscream won't be an F-15 because it's an old (if capable) jet and because recent homages to him have used more recent jet designs. The F-15 is SEEN as not modern, for better or worse.

16. Rotorstorm

Rotorstorm Wreck n’ rule

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    i quite like the British fighters that have been dubbed "Tornados" actually

17. David Hingtgen

David Hingtgen Chromaticon

News Credits:
    G1 Darkwing was a Tornado. The Tornado and F-15 are among the best jets to make into robots due to their boxy fuselages. If I had to design new G1 jets, I'd pick the F-15, Tornado, and F-22 due to their shape.

18. Razerwire

Razerwire 99 Problems... Veteran

News Credits:
    Drum roll please!!!:rock 

19. Shin Densetsu

Shin Densetsu I WILL DESTROY YOU Content Contributor Veteran

News Credits:
    Come on hasbro gimme an F-14 skyfire!!! I am betting that there will be no mainline supported by a cartoon nor gimmickified to target kids for a while. So I think the future of tf is getting product out for the older crowd like binaltech or neo G1 or perhaps more realistic non car transformers like tanks and jets to keep collectors occupied.