Future MP's

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by 26_Mirage, Feb 19, 2008.

1. 26_Mirage

26_Mirage Heroic Stunticon

Probably a topic that's been beaten to death by now:horse: ...but I'm starving for new info.

Has there been ANY new word on future MP releases?!?

While I'm sure we'll get Thundercracker someday will we ever see the coneheads or Sunstorm? Possibly a new armored UM or Soundwave?

I NEED to know!!!:drool: 

Come on TAKARA...start puttin' these out 2 or 3 a year!!!

2. WhiteMocha

WhiteMocha Well-Known Member

3. 26_Mirage

26_Mirage Heroic Stunticon

4. Scythe

Scythe Future Foundation

News Credits:
    I thought there already was a Soundwave MP, wasn't there...?

5. Kouri

Kouri kupo

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    You thinking of Music Label Soundwave? o.o

6. Primus00

Primus00 Creator

I'm hoping for a MP Brave than a MP Transformer. Great Fighbird or Great Da Garn GX would be nice.

7. Incepticon

Incepticon |-+-|

News Credits:
    A couple of people in the Toy Fair thread said that Hasbro apparently addressed the subject of future Masterpieces @ Toy Fair and stated that they *eventually hope* to make Grimlock, Soundwave and maybe even Rodimus. If any part of that is true, I think it's a safe bet that there is no MP Grimlock (or MP Soundwave unfortunately) in the immediate future... not unless they were being very coy about it.

At the same time, if Hasbro did indeed discuss the topic of MP's in that kind of detail, I find it weird that none of the TFW or Seibertron mods mentioned it within their updates. Then again, the topic of Alternators was clearly brought up but I didn't read any official update about it here or on Seibertron either, so who knows WTF is going on.

??

8. Agent-GHQ

Agent-GHQ Accept the unacceptable

Ebay:
    I remember hearing the rumored of Meg and Prime complete set combo?? Obviously there's a demand and a market for the MP line. I mean after all, its the old school kids like us from the 80's who are now working professionals and paying top dollars for top-notch quality transforming robots of the 80s.

Personally, they are moving a bit slow and sitting around with their thumbs up their a$$.

9. Hiro Prime

Hiro Prime Cybertronian Guru Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I think that they're taking it slow because they don't want the line to wind up like the BT's. Too much of a good thing can lead to apathy. That said, one or two a year isn't too much to hope for I think. We did get two last year in the form of Skywarp and a Proper Starscream.

So the rumor of a Grimlock and Soundwave are floating around. But what is the next big MP supposedly? A Convoy vs Megatron set. So I'm thinking maybe what was said at Toy Fair has some legs. Maybe this year, we see the two pack and maybe Thundercracker. Then for '09, the 25th. ann., we see a MP Grimlock and Soundwave. Or maybe even the Rodimus mentioned. (which I hope has his back half forming with him like his Titanium version.)

10. Agent-GHQ

Agent-GHQ Accept the unacceptable

Ebay:
    I'm willing to bet if those BT's where to be MP's of 80's vehicles such as Jazz, Mirage, Sideswipe, Sunstreaker, Prowl etc. and are released at that rate, it would sell like hotcakes. Probably much faster than the Mc Donald's drive-thru lane.

Personally, I think it was a waste of money, engineering, and time on the BTs line. They should have got right down to the heart and soul of the 80's MP line.

Just picture all those cars from the 80's in MP line. Hells Yeah!!

11. Noisemaze2006

Noisemaze2006 Banned

I want a MP Galvatron!

12. Optimus Scourge

Optimus Scourge Arcee's boy toy Veteran

News Credits:
    I think Thundercracker is only a matter of time. (I hope)

I'd love to see Soundwave in MP form, myself, Which would lead to a Soundblaster repaint to help offset the cost, I'm sure.

Grimlock sounds cool also.

Rodimus, I'm not overly excited, but I'm sure I'd buy it if released. (who am I kidding, of course I'd buy it:) )

I'd love to see a "perfect" Magnus with armor, but for some reason, I doubt that will happen.

I'm really surprised they haven't released a Nemesis Prime, I have a custom one, and I thought for sure they would do him once I got that. Still possible, though, considering how many they have already done.

Last edited: Feb 20, 2008
  13. Kupp

Kupp Relic of a time before time. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Yeah the only announcement I want to hear is a Thundercracker painted either Anime Accurate or as a Navy Fighter, (blue with a white or grey underbelly.)

Asside from that a Combined Megs and Prime set with a Prime Trailer would be golden.

After that A Hot Rod would be great, Rodimus, whatever, as long as it is the Car version and not the Flaming Winnabago of Suck. Titanium Rodimus Prime was good, but unless they incorporate the Trailer into the Transformation, I don't want to see a Rodimus Prime Cab, I would rather have Hot Rod. Give him a Visor, fishing Rod, Flip open roof, Daniel on Hoverboard, and a Matrix, and it will be a sure selling point. I want it Diecast, but only as big as MP Starscream in Robotmode. He should be shorter than Megs and Prime. Oh yes, he needs the saw-blade he used on Quintessa as a Hand Weapon.

14. ErechOveraker

ErechOveraker I'm with Plowking.

News Credits:
    MP Hot Rod for sure. Anime Iron Hide would be nice too, and could be switched to Ratchet pretty easily as well to double up on the mold.

15. stevej

stevej Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I would buy Thundercracker in a heartbeat. Ditto Magnus WITH full armor.

For new molds I think Soundwave and Shockwave would nicely complete the MP Decepticon line-up for me. On the Autobot site I'd take a 1/24 scaled Iron Hide and Ratchet to complete my BT/MP Autobots line. Maybe a 1/24 scale Bumblebee as they failed to fit him into the BT line.

Of course, if a Hot Rod/Rodimus Prime, Grimlock or Galvatron also came along, well, it'd be rude not to buy them wouldn't it.

16. GreenScream

GreenScream Neo G1 Collector

News Credits:
    Do people still think that they're releasing a MP Prime vs. Meg two pack? With the new production run on MP-04, I would it shuts down that rumor entirely.

I think it is inevitable that we'll get a MP-Thundercracker. As for a new mold, I really want a MP Soundwave. I know people complain and say that his mold wouldn't be very complex or that we already got music label Soundwave but I digress. I think an MP Soundwave next to Megatron and Starscream would be all kinds of badass. I'd love to see the 84' Decepticon lineup all MP'd.

17. juise

juise TFW2005 Token Negro

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    I know I'm going to buy whatever they make, but I can do without a Hot Rod/Rodimus. I would like to see more Decepticons since they got shafted at almost 3 to 1 by the Autobots in the Alt/BT line. So the coenheads, Skywarp, Cyclonus, or Galvatron would be interstesting. As much as I hate the character Ironhide would make a good MP.

Does anyone know if hasbro/takara had to pay for licensing on the G1 alt modes? Cause a G1 BT line would kick ass, and I know they dont want to pay for licensing anymore.

18. Th0r4z1n3

Th0r4z1n3 PlastiqueBoutique.com Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    *shakeing head no smily goes here*
    x2 especially the "I know I'm going to buy whatever they make" part... I've aperantly turned into "that kind" of mindless consumer, lol

19. Coolhand

Coolhand Spiff's Stunt Double

I'd actually like to see one of the Autobot cars built to the same size as MP Prime and Megs. I know it would basically just be an Alternator on steroids but when I look at the robot detail on Prime (pistons/moving mouthplate etc), and the working alt-mode features on Starscream (airbrakes/nosecone/landing gear etc), and then think of those combined into a full scale MP Jazz, Prowl or Sideswipe, I just start to drool...

20. Kupp

Kupp Relic of a time before time. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    If they are going to make a full MP sides BT on roids, it's gotta be Sunstreaker man, imagine all that Chrome.